• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Tier List

Corigames

Smash Hero
SO my friend and I were playing (as in all smash board forums, he was obviously the worse player ;) ) and I kept doing Samus' taunt. You know, ka chink! And he said, "Samus' taunt is so broken." We had a strong laugh, but I started to think 'who's taunt is the best/shortest'?
At at least it goes like this:
24. Mario
25. Young Link

Can you all fill in the rest?

ajphctp46

Smash Apprentice
wouldn't it be:
25. Mario
26. Young Link

Since Zelda and Sheik have separate taunts?

Personally, I love Young Link's taunt, because if you have enough time to do it/get away with it, its so much more embarassing.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I dunno. IC's gotta be up there; they can taunt and do all of their moves at the same time. You can also taunt in both directions at once.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Pichu has TWO TAUNTS!

Pichu SHOULD BE TOP TIER.

ROFL.
And a thid taunt that is amazing if you know how to do it. Also, the search function is your friend(Taken from M2k's stat list:

Taunt Total Time - measures how long each characters taunt is in frames. For example, if a taunt has a time of 100 frames, then it means that it lasts for 1 2/3 or 1.66666..... seconds and you can block or attack on the 101st frame, since that's the frame after the last frame that the taunt is being used at. Here's the list, from longest to slowest (not that it really matters how long a taunt is).

1) Young Link - 200 frames, or 3.33333 seconds

2) Mario - 180 frames, or 3 seconds

3) Bowser - 140 frames, or 2.33333 seconds

4-5) Mewtwo / Roy - 120 frames, or 2 seconds

6) Falco - 115 frames, or 1.9166666 seconds

7) Fox - 110 frames, or 1.833333 seconds

8-11) Ganondorf / Jigglypuff / Link / Sheik - 100 frames, or 1.66666 seconds

12) Marth - 93 frames, or 1.55 seconds

13) Zelda - 90 frames, or 1.5 seconds

14-15) Dr. Mario / Peach - 85 frames, or 1.4166666 seconds

16-17) Luigi* / Samus - 70 frames, or 1.166666 seconds

18) Yoshi** - 67 frames, or 1.1166666 seconds

19-26) Captain Falcon / DK / Ice Climbers / Kirby / Mr. Game & Watch / Ness / Pichu***(same length of time regardless of which direction Pichu is facing, meaning it's the same length in both taunts) / Pikachu*** - 60 frames, or 1 second

* - Luigi's 1% Taunt Kick, hits on frame 46, or after 0.766666 seconds
** - Yoshi's taunt actually lasts for 80 frames, but you can block after frame 67
*** - Pikachu and Pichu's taunt actually lasts for 90 frames like with Zelda, but you can block after frame 60 so I counted it as 60

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pichu is obviously God tier when it comes to taunting. He has friggin 2.

Read the Tauntology in my guide about it. The link's in my sig

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Pichu and Falcon have 2 taunts
Icys taunt twice
Luigi, Kirby, and the Icys can use their taunt in battle
Kirby, Ness, DK have very short taunts.

Anyhow, Ness should be top. His taunt is gangsta.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ylink's taunt isn't bad! Haven't you seen Milk Canceling? Go look at some of Hanki's videos in the 1v1 section. (My thread) He taunts right in the middle of battle.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh yeah, Links, Rats, Yoshi, and Doc can taunt cancel.

Still...
Ness' taunt>>>>>>>>>(times infinity)Everyone elses
:grin:

marcookker

Smash Cadet
1 luigi (spike)
2 kirby (throw away your thingie)
3 pichu (two taunts)
4 DK
5 Ganondorf
6 Mewtwo
7 Young link (milk publicity/intermission!!!)

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
You guys are all wrong, ganondorf's taunt is the best.
Not only does he thrust his pelvis in you face, he laughs at you too.
xD
Nice one man
I guess the best ones are:
Peach, u gotta love it
Ganondwarf, quoted above xD
And C.Falcons
PS:U got sigged xD

Ares726

Smash Ace
I'd say G&W has a broken taunt because it's pure mindgames. I mean honestly, if you've ever played a taunty G&W you just want to rush in and stop that freaking bell. If so, you just got mindgame'd.

Pichu wins with two though. He's like the Ice Climbers. Everybody else has one, he has two.

Luigi's taunt is awesome because you can wavedash->taunt and meteor someone on the edge. That just can't be beat.

God Tier
Pichu

Top Tier
Luigi
G&W

High Tier
C. Falcon
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Doc
Ganon
Jigglypuff

Mid Tier
Pikachu
Fox
Bowser
Young Link
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo

Low Tier
Roy
Samus
Yoshi
Peach
Ness

Bottom Tier
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Falco
Marth
Mario

I just threw that together. Discuss.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'd say G&W has a broken taunt because it's pure mindgames. I mean honestly, if you've ever played a taunty G&W you just want to rush in and stop that freaking bell. If so, you just got mindgame'd.

Pichu wins with two though. He's like the Ice Climbers. Everybody else has one, he has two.

Luigi's taunt is awesome because you can wavedash->taunt and meteor someone on the edge. That just can't be beat.

God Tier
Pichu

Top Tier
Luigi
G&W

High Tier
C. Falcon
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Doc
Ganon
Jigglypuff

Mid Tier
Pikachu
Doc
Bowser
Young Link
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo

Low Tier
Roy
Samus
Yoshi
Peach
Ness

Bottom Tier
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Falco
Marth
Mario

You put Doc in twice, and left out Fox.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wow, this thread went from being a question about the shortest taunts to everybody's main in a popularity contest and wanting people to go check threads they started before. Look, if Ness is your main, it doesn't make it any more "gangsta" when you do the NOD to saying OK than when anyone else does it. Just because you like DK's taunt doesn't mean DK's less confused when he does it. The only good excuse I've heard yet is that luigi can attack with his, but that's it. It's like none of you realy read the main topic...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Wow, this thread went from being a question about the shortest taunts to everybody's main in a popularity contest and wanting people to go check threads they started before. Look, if Ness is your main, it doesn't make it any more "gangsta" when you do the NOD to saying OK than when anyone else does it. Just because you like DK's taunt doesn't mean DK's less confused when he does it. The only good excuse I've heard yet is that luigi can attack with his, but that's it. It's like none of you realy read the main topic...
lol you are funny :laugh:

Ness' taunt is way too low.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Blah... Fox wins with his secret taunt on his Corneia stage (think that's the right one)

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace

God Tier
Pichu

Top Tier
Luigi
G&W

High Tier
C. Falcon
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Doc
Ganon
Jigglypuff

Mid Tier
Pikachu
Fox
Bowser
Young Link
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo

Low Tier
Roy
Samus
Yoshi
Peach
Ness

Bottom Tier
Zelda
Sheik
Link
Falco
Marth
Mario

I couldn't agree with you more :)

bluezaft

The True Zaft
yeah, don't do this based on length, but how cool and taunting it is. In which case, I propose that Pikachu's up tilt while facing left is #1.

hockey007

Smash Cadet
I think luigi should be god tier, what could be cooler than meteoring someone, pichu's overated with it's 2 taunts imo, fox and falco should be higher because of the secret taunts, and kirby's taunt is really annoying, so it should be a little higher, but I agree otherwise

Top Bottom