• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAUNTING IS FOR NOOBS yes or no? vote now! :D

Pkm_trainer09

Smash Apprentice
Noobish?
Heck No! I like the taunts because they give the character a little extra personality.
So with three, i can't wait to use them all.

Luigi is a prime example. Awesome

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I taunt after each AND every kill. Even if I don't kill them, I just automatically press up on the d-pad when it seems like I landed a killing move. Ganon's laugh always gets to people. Frustration makes you play worse, so taunting can be useful.

Best example of a mindgame is Young Link's taunt. You send out a boomerang, start taunting, your opponent thinks it'll take forever, the boomerang comes back and interrupts it, you get a free hit while they're charging you.

If you don't taunt, that's fine. Though, it might be helpful. You just have to know when.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Taunting makes the match all the more fun. In any 1 on 1, it press it right when I K.O. them, just out of habit.

Plus, when you can pull off the infamously long Young Link one, you can really brag.

...I wonder how these new "add in words for wifi play" taunts will work out? Will they be censored?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Come on! Show me ya moves! Luigi's taunt has awesome knockback this time around. Cowbell! Gimpy does taunts. There should be taunt tiers. One problem, tont tires don exits.

Mama

Smash Ace
Lol I love to taunt. Its good for mind games. The only people who think its for noobs are people who aren't that good but trying to get better and look at the way they used to play as noobish (i.e. a lot of taunting used.)

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
I taunt right after I get the killing blow, or if I thought I did.

Besides, taunting in Brawl looks alot more fun, and pretty funny too.

Mario's spinny death fighters stance makes me laugh.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I still wonder what text I'll set to my online taunts.

There are 4 right? Hmm, it's gonna be a hard choice >.<

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
HHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Repeat until win.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Taunting when you take away one of your opponent's stocks, or just do a particularly impressive move, can boost your confidence. I like the new system of three taunts!

otter

Smash Ace
The ultimate fighter insult is to taunt in a situation where your opponent could punish you, but you know they won't because the match up until that point has made the scared of you.

Sparkchu

Smash Apprentice
I vote no.

In the Smash games, when you KO someone, taunting them is a great way of saying "You can't beat me!".

Just remember that there is a time and place to do so, what with hazards and everything...

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
This topic sucks. Taunting isn't noobish unless you get hit during the process, or you decide to taunt rather than charging up needles/charge beam/punch etc.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yatta dante taunts me all the time, especially when he's bowser or donkey kong, LOLZ

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Taunting is hilarious if you do it right. Isai and Mach Dash put taunting to good use.

coldkilla30

Smash Cadet
Well not all taunts are useless cuz the dojo site says that you can use them to change from Samus to ZSS during battle instead of the shield button trick. IDK if it's vice versa or not though but i'm hoping it is. :chuckle:

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
I think it is completely awsome to taunt, especialy if you are really kick *** at the game. If you can do some major *** kicking and find the right times to throw a taunt in, it will make your fight even more cool. Especialy if you record it and put it up on the net.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I like doing it. And you can send messages with taunts like this.

Luigi's Final Smash: FEEL THE WRATH OF COCAINE!

Mario Hat Taunt: "See, Is'a Empty! -From Smash Dash

Snake's Final Smash: Here's to show you that, "I have to keep it tight." Massaging helps. :laugh:

=S-A=

Top Bottom