• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
That video was a video.
It was not real.
Jumping off a ship, falling a few feet and punching someone is notthe same as punching someone.
Plus, that was most likely Falcon Punch which is not real due to not being able to have flames coming out of your hand/arm.

You're assuming Falcon can get to her. Would Falcon be able to kill her if he got a hold of her? Dang straight.
She's faster than a human.
Falcon is a human.
He can't get to her. She's too fast.
Now I fully understand she can't just go up and kill him. This is what the palylizer is for. She can stun him, he can't move. go in and choke/kill w/e him.

LOLWUT.
What do you mean by, quote: She has the training to dodge bullets but most of that comes with her suit on.

If she can dodge bullets with a heavy suit on, imagine WITHOUT the suit?
And you're telling me a paralyzer is going to stop all that awesomeness? If Falco's lasers couldn't stop the onslaught, what makes you think a paralyzer will? Falcon would probably pimp slap her and knock it out of her hands. And even if we entertain it working, it's not going to hold him for long. And without the "paralyzer", ZSS is just a capable victim. And what I mean by my statement is that She has majority of her experience against actual foes with her suit on. So with it off she is able to dodge more, but also a LOT more vurnerable. And with tht outfit, she isn't ging to feel so nimble.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
@Dryn
If you couldn't tell, I was exaggerating, but just look at the bulk:

Compared to

Falcon has a lot more muscles, and vs. Falco his suit can absorb some laser shots, and Falcon also has a gun. & he could probably with stand a lot more physical blows then Zamus.
Bulk makes you slower and weaker. Bulk makes you have impressive looking muscles, but functionally, toned muscles are much better.

Olympic weight lifter.

Bodybuilder.

While having impressive looking muscles, bodybuilding is at the cost of mobility and strength.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
And you're telling me a paralyzer is going to stop all that awesomeness? If Falco's lasers couldn't stop the onslaught, what makes you think a paralyzer will? Falcon would probably pimp slap her and knock it out of her hands. And even if we entertain it working, it's not going to hold him for long. And without the "paralyzer", ZSS is just a capable victim. And what I mean by my statement is that She has majority of her experience against actual foes with her suit on. So with it off she is able to dodge more, but also a LOT more vurnerable. And with that outfit, she isn't ging to feel so nimble.
And with that outfit, she isn't ging to feel so nimble.

She isn't in that outfit......
This is ZSS, not Samus. Read the OP. Seriously.

Payas ur with me? Good yay.

Falco's lazors are not meant for stunning. ZSS' IS ment for stunning.
Even if it doesn't hold him long, she can kill him pretty quick.

OMGWHYWONTPEOPLELISTEN Falcon isn't going to be able to get to ZSS. This is where you don't read what I'm saying.
Falcon is an extremely strong human, yes.
Samus is extremely skinny and has extreme training so she can go extremely fast.
Falcon, from what I see (even in that video) uses his car instead of actually walking.

Black_ShadowAX

Smash Rookie
First off Bull****.

Zero Suit Samus cannot beat Captain Falcon in a fight.

http://f-mode.planets.gamespy.com/media/scans/f-zero1.jpg

http://f-mode.planets.gamespy.com/media/scans/f-zero2.jpg

From the first F-Zero game, Captain Falcon has feats of his own. IN the game's comic it clearly shows him facing off against a bio-genetically enhanced Dinosaur and killing it with his own gun while dodging that creatures shots as well. Then he is able to handle of couple of generic body guards rather easily in a fight.

And that comic takes place 11 years prior to F-Zero GX. So Falcon has had much more experience since then with bounty hunting missions. Add in the fact that Falcon also faces off against a galactic gang of thieves(Goroh's gang), The Bloody Chain which has conquered 3 planets of their own, A mad scientist bend on world domination, a clone who was made to be his superior, a famous mongule head with endless supply of money and weapon resources, a dark lord of evil, & a time traveling mad man with the intention of destroying the universe.

It is stated clearly in his profiles he has captured an astronomic numbers of criminals and that his body & mind are honed from all his battles that he can survive any situation if needed. His has a scar over his left eye to show that his body has not gone unscathed from his clashes in life. If this was a fight with Power Suit Samus, this would be in her favor, however since this is with Zero Suit Samus, she brings nothing new to the table that Falcon has not seen or faced off against before.

Captain Falcon has the title best bounty hunter in his universe, add in the fact that Falcon has no social life outside of the F-Zero or his bounty missions who have a guy who is completely aware of his surroundings and what his limitations are. Add in the fact 4 years previous in a F-Zero Grand Prix he survived the Great Accident which resulted in the suspension of the sport and with Mighty Gazelle only coming out as a cyborg. His DNA was stolen by Black Shadow, and with Falcon's DNA he decided to make clones who were superior to the original. According the F-Zero X's pilot backgrounds Black Shadow is suppose to be a demon, and how he made Blood Falcon stronger was by adding some of his DNA to Falcon's and add in the psychological effect that Blood Falcon goes bat **** insane when he is around Captain Falcon and wants nothing more to end his life and the fact no clone has killed him yet, proves Falcon can handle super human opponents.

Lets also count in the fact, Captain Falcon has built the Falcon Flyer, & Blue Falcon all by himself. It shows Falcon is no slouch when it comes to brains neither. Add in the fact he is currently developing a 2nd F-Zero machine called the Neo Blue Falcon he is on the cutting edge when it comes to technology. We all know Samus mainly relies on her power suit to help her in missions, while we also know Falcon has no power suit of any kind to use for bounty hunting missions and add the fact the F-Zero universe is infested with super human freaks Falcon can handle himself against this creatures. That also shows when it comes to hand to hand fighting Falcon will be Samus's superior cause besides his gun that what he mainly relies on in a mission.

Samus has a paralyzer, Falcon's gun is designed to kill. So Falcon given his & ZSS weapons has the better gun. While their suits aren't much different, Falcon's uit will enable him to tank more abuse than Samus's skin tight suit will.

The fact is without her power suit Samus, is nothing more than another mark on Captain Falcon's long resume of fights.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
@HOLO

I actually find this quite funny. YOU'RE the one promoting "uber-logic" for oli and ROB, but apparently now zamus can move FASTER then 3000 fps.
No.
A human moving 3000 fps would have their skin ripped off, I don't care what you say about her training. While the video isn't that realistic, Falcon isn't going down in one hit. ZSS needs to get in close, at which point falcon can do the things nova pointed out above. and if Zamus can move FASTER THEN 3000 FPS then falcon can definitely avoid the paralyzer. And show me undeniable proof of Samus training with the Chozo. If you can't do that, then your approach to falcon "not training" is logically unfounded. And in the metroid games samus may jump in the chozos hand and get a new ability/ whatever but the never shows training that lets her outclass any human.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
@HOLO

I actually find this quite funny. YOU'RE the one promoting "uber-logic" for oli and ROB, but apparently now zamus can move FASTER then 3000 fps.
No.
A human moving 3000 fps would have their skin ripped off, I don't care what you say about her training. While the video isn't that realistic, Falcon isn't going down in one hit. ZSS needs to get in close, at which point falcon can do the things nova pointed out above. and if Zamus can move FASTER THEN 3000 FPS then falcon can definitely avoid the paralyzer. And show me undeniable proof of Samus training with the Chozo. If you can't do that, then your approach to falcon "not training" is logically unfounded. And in the metroid games samus may jump in the chozos hand and get a new ability/ whatever but the never shows training that lets her outclass any human.
Nonononononononononononononononononononnnonononononononononononnononono.
No.
She did have training with the Chozo. I don't know where to look for it but she did. It is NOT in game, however.

I know bullets move fast, but she is faster than humans and SHE HAS TRAINING TO DODGE THEM IN A HUGE SUIT.
Without the suit she moves faster and yes, she is much weaker and if she does get hit she's screwed but odds are it isn't happening.

And I know if she moves in she's killed but she can use her parylizer.

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samus_Aran

Wiki said:
who brought her to their home planet Zebes. Samus was infused with Chozo DNA to give her a strong resistance to foreign environments, then trained as a warrior

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
"you said 99%
o wait Chuck Norris, nvm"

Lololololol

This will be pretty close considering their backgrounds.

Falcon is a trained police officer, and as a bounty hunter, has fought many different types of enemies.

ZZS has that chozo blood (if that works here" and is very acrobatic. She isn't THAT frail, but would probably only take a few hits to go down.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Bulk makes you slower and weaker. Bulk makes you have impressive looking muscles, but functionally, toned muscles are much better.

Olympic weight lifter.

Bodybuilder.

While having impressive looking muscles, bodybuilding is at the cost of mobility and strength.
Think super saiyan 2 gohan:

And ascended super saiyan trunks:

Trunks becoming slow and clunky with that added bulk is more realistic than you may think. And Gohan becoming stronger and faster with lean muscles is realistic too.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
"you said 99%
o wait Chuck Norris, nvm"

Lololololol

This will be pretty close considering their backgrounds.

Falcon is a trained police officer, and as a bounty hunter, has fought many different types of enemies.

ZZS has that chozo blood (if that works here" and is very acrobatic. She isn't THAT frail, but would probably only take a few hits to go down.
Yeah it's close.
If Chozo blood works here this isn't a contest.
However it probobly wont due to it being to be real-like.
But still having training like that gives her some points.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Chozo blood? I think you just killed Samus.

Do you know what happened when people received blood transfusions from cows?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Chozo blood? I think you just killed Samus.

Do you know what happened when people received blood transfusions from cows?
...what?
I thought that was a stupid rumor? I heard it was fine and worked perfectly.
Or are you joking?

Anyway Chozo arn't cows, infact not even Birds to be honest.
It should make her >9000 times stronger.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Still applies. Receiving blood transfusions from species totally different from us will kill us.
But were talking about aliens here. It may work different.
Dangit this brings a whole new field of oppertunities, bad and good for Samus.
I vote we leave that out, otherwise there will be tons of arguments along with the ones we have now.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Even worse.

Chozo blood may actually be extremely toxic for her, or may contain viruses which we do not have protection against and stuff.

But whatever, lets leave that out and continue looking for ways in which Samus can kick Falcon's ***. The only difference is that she does not have super powers. She still has more tone than Falcon.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Her training left her very agile and acrobatic. Close range she could just flip around him.

or something along those lines.

EDIT: ZSS can seduce C.Falcon and kill him when he leasts expects it.
I still think this is how Zamus will win.

JOE!

Smash Hero
HOLOWpaw:

ZSS cannot dodge bullets, in her suit she is trained to avoid large hits, but doesnt worry about stuff like bullets due to the suit being able to "tank" them. Actually, has she ever encounted a non-energy projectile?

Also, when you say she's superior to EVERY HUMAN, do you really mean EVERY HUMAN, or just every NORMAL HUMAN?

PAYA:

Falcon may be a bit bulky, but he's not exactly like the body builders. He is mobile, and has extreme CQC skills. Falcon amy be one of the only fighters we could use smash for canon, seeing as his only appearance outside of his car is in smash. He knows some decent martial arts styles if we take some moves from his smash self.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
HOLOWpaw:

ZSS cannot dodge bullets, in her suit she is trained to avoid large hits, but doesnt worry about stuff like bullets due to the suit being able to "tank" them. Actually, has she ever encounted a non-energy projectile?

Also, when you say she's superior to EVERY HUMAN, do you really mean EVERY HUMAN, or just every NORMAL HUMAN?

PAYA:

Falcon may be a bit bulky, but he's not exactly like the body builders. He is mobile, and has extreme CQC skills. Falcon amy be one of the only fighters we could use smash for canon, seeing as his only appearance outside of his car is in smash. He knows some decent martial arts styles if we take some moves from his smash self.
Depends.
Probobly something along the lines of "the best of the best" of humans.
Putting it bluntly.

I know she was tanking them in her suit but she still has the experiance.
50/50 chance it'll hit/miss.

JOE!

Smash Hero
now, you just said shes "better than the best humans"

so is Falcon :p

as for dodging bullets, by the time she sees the light of the muzzle flash the bullet wouldve allready hit her, then after it hist her she will react to try and dodge. Sorry, thats how fast a bullet is

payasofobia

Smash Champion
HOLOWpaw:

PAYA:

He isn't a "bit" bulky.

He is not bulky enough to be as slow as ganon in brawl, but he is still bulky enough to be as slow as Ike in brawl. Without the strenght.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Thank you JOE!. ZSS is STILL HUMAN. She still feels pain, she still has weaknesses and can still be beat. Samus has most of her adventures in her suit. So fighting someone of equal skill (Falcon has been fighting for years so don't hand me the chozo training crap again) w/o her accustomed suit makes this a bit more unfamilar to Zamus. Also, the paralyzer isn't going to do much against a bullet. By the time ZSS tries to aim the paralyzer, Falcon could shoot her. And I'm not buying this "sudden paralysis" that her gun can do.

Also, Falcon is in fit shape as well. He isn't as slow as you may want to exaggerate him to be, although I will say I believe ZSS is faster. Also, again men are stringer genetically than women so like I've been trying to instill, how is she going harm someone who is stronger than her? Think back to Snake v. DK (yea I'm bringin it up again). Snake is in fit shape, but DK was stronger. If Snake messes up, DK is killing him. The same principle applies here; ZSS can't hurt Falcon as effectively, if at all, as well as Falcon can hurt her in CQC. Her best bet to win is to do what Uncle Sam said. And if that happens, Something to this extent will follow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkyNxEgKALw
(start at 1:20)
What more proof do you need? It's close but Falcon is too much for her to handle.Falcon beats ZSS. Period.

Why is Paya always against me? Am I the new Toc on this thread?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Well, the way this MU looks, I think we should revisit one..

FALCO VS FALCON

How the ****ing hell does your suit magically "absorb lasers" and how the hell do you dodge a barrage of lasers when your opponent has FALCON EYES.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
@nova
five internets for you.

And to prove zero suit isn't comfortable, the only game Metroid game where you play as her is Zero Mission. I have zero mission, and in ZS, she gets ***** by space pirates. Who have GUNS. So using Metroid as canon, she can't avoid bullets. And you're forgetting in games projectiles dont move 3000 fps. More like 5.

REL38

Smash Lord
My two cents:

No Anime/Manga.
Those examples are out the window.

Samus, even if you gave her Chozo blood, can't dodge bullets.
The strain on her leg muscles would tear them apart.

Falcon would be stronger than Samus, but that doesn't mean she can't physically harm him. He'd still be vulnerable joint locks, neck blows and take-downs.

Samus would also have more agility. muscle tone allows for that.

@Xeph

Of course she gets screwed over by space pirates as Zero Suit. They have more strength, armor and weapons. Of course she'd lose to them. They wouldn't even need guns to kill her.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
I know she's getting screwed. The point I was trying to prove there is that w/o the suit she can't dodge bullets, so we agree. That second part was directed at Holo.

@ everyone rooting for zamus
And we all know zamus is faster then falcon, but I don't think that she is SO fast that falcon wouldn't be able to use his fighting prowess to get a hit on him. JOE was right in saying that brawl technically could be canon for falcon; He was fastest until sonic came in. Most people here are really underestimating Falcon's speed. And if you being up the bodybuilders again, look at the legs. The body builders is about twice as wide as
Falcons. And REL is right in saying ZSS could harm the captain, all he really has to do is do what nova said. one punch in the gut, he shoots her legs, yells SHOW ME YA MOVES! then pawnches/knees her before causing a fatality.
And I know he cant really pawnch/knee(100000000 volt crotch-battery), just saying that as a joke.

Sieguest

Smash Master
He isn't a "bit" bulky.

He is not bulky enough to be as slow as ganon in brawl, but he is still bulky enough to be as slow as Ike in brawl. Without the strenght.
Just wanted to say that's a horrible comparison.
and for the last bloody time bulky=/=slow all the time...Falcon has always been shown as fast. And on the planet earth there are those who are bulky and fast as well.

About Zamus dodging bullets:
Zamus is human, unless she has extrasensory powers, I doubt she can dodge a bullet.

Zamus has speed and agility on him. That's all I see.
Falcon has power, and Fighting capability to either match or surpass Zamus and has a gun.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

If Falcon was fast for real, he would need to have a similar physique to the man above him.

Falcon simply does not have the body type to be fast, flexible or strong.

Also, physics-wise, the amount of energy generated is proportional to both the mass and to the square of the velocity (specifically kE=1/2*m*v^2). This means that within a range, a smaller, faster object will transfer more energy to whatever it hits.

Zamus will realisticaly deal way more damage in her attacks thanks to their speed.

So, in short, in CQC Zamus will beat the snot out of the falcon because of her better body type.

And long range wise, take into consideration that realistic tasers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser

Are much better than you may think. I am runnning out of time so I will finish my argument later.

Sieguest

Smash Master

If Falcon was fast for real, he would need to have a similar physique to the man above him.

Also, physics-wise, the amount of energy generated is proportional to both the mass and to the square of the velocity (specifically kE=1/2*m*v^2). This means that within a range, a smaller, faster object will transfer more energy to whatever it hits.

Zamus will realisticaly deal way more damage in her attacks thanks to their speed.

So, in short, in CQC Zamus will beat the snot out of the falcon because of her better body type.

Are much better than you may think. I am runnning out of time so I will finish my argument later.
F=ma - fixed.

Zamus- not a lot of mass, maybe a lot of acceleration...
Falcon- More mass and acceleration can match...
^ whose better here?

about Falcon's body type. Again that's generic, the whole world isn't
conformed to a certain labeling, people achieve what others say they can't. Falcon is a bounty hunter, fast and powerful...period. It's called pushing the limits, learn some.

And Guns are deadly too.
Go ahead and try and finish.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
It's already been established that ZSS cannot dodge a bullet, so one shot and shes dead. Also, i'm assuming that formula is damage(kE) is equal to mass times velocity^2 divided by two. Zamus may weigh less, so she doesn't need as much strength to cause more damage, but falcon has more mass AND the strength to move it faster. So HYPOTHETICALLY(I'm just throwin out numbers, don't flame, its probably not proportionate) if ZSS's leg has a mass of 100, she can make velocity 200. But Falcon's leg has a mass of 150, but his extra strength can help him make velocity 220.

100 x 200^2/2=2mil
150 x 220^2/2=3.63mil

I know these numbers are huge, but stick with me. I have no clue what I'm doing XD

Falcon does more damage. And Falcon's limbs are bigger, so
Zamus leg= Whip
Falcon leg= Metal Baseball Bat
It's much easier to kill someone with a metal baseball bat then a whip.

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Since when hasn't Capt. Falcon been strong? And Falcon can withstand more blows than ZSS can. ZSS may be faster at dishing them out, but if they are hardly effective against him, all she is doing is making herself vulnerable. And Paya please don't get super technical now; Muscles are muscles. Falcons muscles>ZSS muscles. And I'll wait for your rebuttal.

@ xepher

Men lie women lie, numbers don't. You're on the right track buddy; let me do sum research and I'll c what I can do to help end this.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Falcon does more damage. And Falcon's limbs are bigger, so
Zamus leg= Whip
Falcon leg= Metal Baseball Bat
It's much easier to kill someone with a metal baseball bat then a whip.
Your point?
First off that was a bad comparisem. A whip is nothing like a baseball bat.
Wood baseball bat- metal baseball bat might work.
Next, if it hits at a fatal place (Knees, neck, manhood :p) then it's not going to matter how hard it is.
If you got a wood baseball bat and hit a glass cup, it's going to break.
If you get a metal baseball bat and hit a glass cup, it's going to break.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Your point?
First off that was a bad comparisem. A whip is nothing like a baseball bat.
Wood baseball bat- metal baseball bat might work.
Next, if it hits at a fatal place (Knees, neck, manhood :p) then it's not going to matter how hard it is.
If you got a wood baseball bat and hit a glass cup, it's going to break.
If you get a metal baseball bat and hit a glass cup, it's going to break.
I only said metal because it doesn't break. But you're right. The comparison is this: If I hit you with a whip in the back, it will hurt. Like ****. But if I hit you with a metal baseball bat, you're going down. HARD. Or if I whip you in the back of the head. IDK if it'll fracture the skull, but if I hit you with a metal baseball bat over the head, there's no comparison really.
And notice how none of your rebuttal had anything to do with my actual post, but rather the comparison I used.

And thanky you nova :D ROB ftw.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I only said metal because it doesn't break. But you're right. The comparison is this: If I hit you with a whip in the back, it will hurt. Like ****. But if I hit you with a metal baseball bat, you're going down. HARD. Or if I whip you in the back of the head. IDK if it'll fracture the skull, but if I hit you with a metal baseball bat over the head, there's no comparison really.
And notice how none of your rebuttal had anything to do with my actual post, but rather the comparison I used.

And thanky you nova :D ROB ftw.
No, it did not have anything to do with you post except the comparison you used.
But it helps the fight due to either of them killing at the same rate.
I'm saying the facts while you're trying to attack me. I havent said anything bad about you. I'm just here to have the right character win. I'd argue with anyone so I can have my character choice win.
I was up against at least 4 people with no-one on my side in the Giga-Bowser vs. Ridley match-up.

How far will her paralyzer go, JOE!/Payas? If it goes far this'll be pretty easy for ZSS.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Nova
There's nothing super technical about this.

Muscle bulk, muscle tone, body type, weight and mass all play a role in this match.

Just to note, Samus has muscle tone.
She's got muscles. No question bout' that.

@Xeph

Not an accurate comparrison.

Muscle tone is kinda like muscle being packed together.
Muscle bulk is like muscle just being packed on.

Think of it like this:
Samus' muscle is packed together tighter and gives the appearance of smaller muscles.
Falcon's muscle is stacked and gives the appearance of bigger muscles.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
No, it did not have anything to do with you post except the comparison you used.
But it helps the fight due to either of them killing at the same rate.
I'm saying the facts while you're trying to attack me. I havent said anything bad about you. I'm just here to have the right character win. I'd argue with anyone so I can have my character choice win.
I was up against at least 4 people with no-one on my side in the Giga-Bowser vs. Ridley match-up.

How far will her paralyzer go, JOE!/Payas? If it goes far this'll be pretty easy for ZSS.
My point about comparing is that you don't have a response to the fact that shows falcon is more powerful. And in a sense, I am attacking you, yes; generally when people ignore the main point in the post and nitpick about the details generally means you're running of counters. And its not about character choice, and while I may be misreading you, its about who is more skilled. Don't forget, the paralyzer is a tazer. Realistically, there is no such thing a stun gun like ZSS's, and a tazer requires the user to hit the target with two hooks to electrocute their weak point for massive damage(sorry XD) Tazers take an extremely long time to reload, as well that you can't taze someone, drop the gun and then go up to them. I believe you need to keep holding the trigger. So even if ZSS tazed falcon she wouldn't really be able to do anything.

@rel: More then falcon? I think not. the formula that payas posted is how much mass relative to velocity that mass can achieve. Falcon's leg's seem to be about 1.5x bigger then samus',but if falcon's legs can achieve a velocity 1.5x more then samus' then he is stronger. I think. XD

Top Bottom