• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Cannon can change shape.

Storage on shoulders + tubes containing the chemical. Maybe like that?

Front of the Arm Cannon actually splits in four and opens up, allowing the Missile to be fired.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
She got like two giant ball things on her arm, and when not inside the suit she is much smaller, so she could possibly have room for 1 more weapon.
How will she access her suit though?
Like, how will she use her weapons if she's not near them?
I know nothing of Metroid because I hate Metroid, so tell me plz.
Cannon can change shape.

Storage on shoulders + tubes containing the chemical. Maybe like that?

Front of the Arm Cannon actually splits in four and opens up, allowing the Missile to be fired.
1. How the !@#$ is that realistic? I know it's future technology, but really, how is something like THAT going to get bigger?
A. It prolly won't be enough to do anything. Plus I think I heard you need Plasma at a REALLY low temp. to use it.
B. It will still keep going forever and never retract.
3. See 1..

Salem

Smash Champion
How will she access her suit though?
Like, how will she use her weapons if she's not near them?
I know nothing of Metroid because I hate Metroid, so tell me plz.

1. How the !@#$ is that realistic? I know it's future technology, but really, how is something like THAT going to get bigger?
A. It prolly won't be enough to do anything. Plus I think I heard you need Plasma at a REALLY low temp. to use it.
B. It will still keep going forever and never retract.
3. See 1..
lol

She has stuff within her suit also, she can probably access this and that like a computer to switch weapons and what not, making things slide and be pushed.
She can also do stuff with her vizor.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Wikipedia said:
The key point about ultracold plasmas is that by manipulating the atoms with lasers, the kinetic energy of the liberated electrons can be controlled. Using standard pulsed lasers, the electron energy can be made to correspond to a temperature of as low as 0.1 K, a limit set by the frequency bandwidth of the laser pulse.
1. She needs to hit the ATOMS with LASERS. Not going to happen in something that small.
2. Look at bolded and underlined word from the quote above.
Wikipedia said:
1 K at the Boomerang nebula, the coldest natural environment known
1 K at the Boomerang nebula, the coldest natural environment known. This is LESS than that.

How is a tiny canon that is already occupied with a missle do this stuff?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
lol

She has stuff within her suit also, she can probably access this and that like a computer to switch weapons and what not, making things slide and be pushed.
She can also do stuff with her vizor.
Again, I hate the Metroid series with a passion, so I wouldn't know.
What, with brainwaves? Brainwaves prolly wont work unless hooked up to her.
And Visor won't matter if she can't hit it.

All chars are bad. Samus wins due to armor.
Unless bazookas.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
And they're all on the same team except for Samus? Samus is handicapped to infinity because the spacies all decide to team up and kill her? What

The front of the cannon splits in four. Look for Missile firing for Metroid Prime in youtube.

Cannon changes shape depending on where Samus' fingers are. Position and stuff. Like, for example, sticking her middle finger out could change the cannon to the Plasma Beam shape or something.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
And they're all on the same team except for Samus? Samus is handicapped to infinity because the spacies all decide to team up and kill her? What

The front of the cannon splits in four. Look for Missile firing for Metroid Prime in youtube.

Cannon changes shape depending on where Samus' fingers are. Position and stuff. Like, for example, sticking her middle finger out could change the cannon to the Plasma Beam shape or something.
Actually read my post please on why Ice Plasma wouldn't work.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong but...
0 K converted to F: First convert to Centigrade:
0 = 273 + C so C = -273 degrees. Then convert from C to F:
F = 9/5 (-273) + 32 = -459 Fahrenheit.

Now I do:
459/10= 45.9
45.9x9= 413.1
0.1 K=-413.1 Fahrenheit.

lol.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
And this is necessary why? Ice Beam doesn't need to act like that, it can just spray out liquid nitrogen or something. Or the original idea, electricity + sound.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
And this is necessary why? Ice Beam doesn't need to act like that, it can just spray out liquid nitrogen or something. Or the original idea, electricity + sound.
Wikipedia said:
When appropriately insulated from ambient heat, liquid nitrogen can be stored and transported, for example in vacuum flasks. Here, the very low temperature is held constant at 77 K by slow boiling of the liquid, resulting in the evolution of nitrogen gas.
Wiki said:
77 K (−196 °C; −321 °F)
You think that cannon can hold it as an temp of -321 F?

And what is the idea of electricity and sound?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Wikipedia said:
liquid nitrogen can be stored and transported, for example in vacuum flasks
Wikipedia said:
A practical vacuum flask is a bottle made of glass, metal, or plastic with hollow walls; the narrow region between the inner and outer wall is evacuated of air

It's too little, and it only causes
Wikipedia said:
and is a cryogenic fluid which can cause rapid freezing on contact with living tissue, which may lead to frostbite
Wikipedia said:
Frostbite (congelatio in medical terminology) is the medical condition wherein localized damage is caused to skin and other tissues due to extreme cold. Frostbite is most likely to happen in body parts farthest from the heart and those with large exposed areas. The initial stages of frostbite are sometimes called "frostnip".
Wikipedia said:
Cold injuries can result in a number of distinct conditions including:

Frostnip is a superficial cooling of tissues without cellular destruction.[1]
Chilblains are superficial ulcers of the skin that occur when a predisposed individual is repeatedly exposed to cold
Frostbite on the other hand involves tissue destruction.
Hypothermia is a decrease in core body temperature below 35 C.
Trench foot or immersion foot is due to repetitive exposure to wet non-freezing temperatures.
(I am only double posting so people will see a new post.)

Sieguest

Smash Master
I don't think it matters.
;)
It actually does matter,
you'll notice in one of the games that Samus has the grapple beam under her left hand (or something some odd like that, Sam posted a pic a LONG time ago with it, I'll find it later). That can make a difference.

at HOLOkikipedia comment:
*facepalm*

This would go by a LOT faster if people would agree on what each character has...
*nods*

REL38

Smash Lord
It actually does matter,
you'll notice in one of the games that Samus has the grapple beam under her left hand (or something some odd like that, Sam posted a pic a LONG time ago with it, I'll find it later). That can make a difference.

at HOLOkikipedia comment:
*facepalm*

Grapple Beam is on her LEFT ARM.

It's been like that in all of the Prime Series

@Holo

What's with the doubleposts?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think it matters.
;)*snip*

It can change sizes to fit whatever it needs to. Realistically, she'd have it bigger than Brawl or her normal Prime(regular Power Beam) form. The 1st pic shows when using the Phazon Beam.
Wikitroid said:
In Prime the Phazon Beam expands the gun in all directions at once.
Furthermore, to everyone asking how'd she change the functions of it;
Wikitroid said:
In the Prime series, it is occasionally shown to have colored buttons on the inside of the round section, when it flips open.
In the games themselves, she changed beams by switching hand positions. Either of those would be a realistic way to change it's functions. The wires/tubes theory for storing stuff/changing its functions also works, her suit is bigger than most people are making it out to be.
Examples:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/1/11/PowerSuit_Diagram.jpg
http://metroid-database.com/features/prime_endings.jpg (top left pic)
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/thumb/0/03/Nohelmet1.jpg/400px-Nohelmet1.jpg

@Sam - I don't see any of the other 3 in your sig. <3

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ok, seriously; what the heck is Samus being given? I lack an abundant amount of Metroid knowledge so can we decide on what she'll have and move on with the MU?
This is a mute point because pro-samus will give her everything and pro spacies will deny her everything; waste of posting space...
And how strong is the armor on Samus; is it strong enough to withstand the blasters from the spacies? Does Wolf have his blaster from Brawl or from the Star fox series? Did Falco ever get that rocket launcher? And what exactly can be reflected from each of the characters in this match?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Give me what weapons Samus would use and I'll try to prove them wrong.
Oh and in that pic IsmaR Samus wouldn't be able to efficeintly keep the liquid nitrogen.
Oh and I'm DPing because I'm Payas in disguise.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Nova

Spacies have access to one primary weapon (Ex. sniper, rocket launcher, gattling gun) and their standard sidearm.

Sidearm is a typical laser gun capable of shooting rapid fire or charged shots.

Brawl lasers are pathetic ones to use. Much better off using Assault weapons.
Brawl lasers aren't even canon.

@Holo

Uh, no.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'm only asking because its been like 3 days and there has been like little progress on this MU. And which ones do each space animal have? And I still have the other questions as well. This would go by a lot smoother if we had an idea of what is allowed and what isn't.

JOE!

Smash Hero
i'd assume we just guve them what paya sugested:

Falco has a sniper and a blaster

Fox has a gatling gun and a blaster

wolf has a rocket launcher and a blaster

Samus has her wave beam (electrolazer) and 1 missle

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ok. So next, how durable is the power suit and what exactly can the reflectors reflect in this MU?
Because so far I'm still with my opinion.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

Wikipedia said:
Butane, a highly flammable, colorless, easily liquefied gas used in cigarette lighters
Wikipedia said:
Inhalation of butane can cause euphoria, drowsiness, narcosis, asphyxia, cardiac arrhythmia, and frostbite which can result in death from asphyxiation and ventricular fibrillation.
Samus might have a new weapon.

UncleSam

Smash Master

That's it? That's BULL****

I'll get to why later

Emperor Time

Smash Lord

You're severely nerfing Falco by giving him a weapon that isn't as versatile as the others. If you REALLY wanna do this, you should set restrictions on the other weapons(ones that make sense ofc)

They should have access to some mines, imo.

EDIT:@Dryn. Whut teh fack? Look at the top pic. I'm either not getting something, or Samus will just fry her arm off if she fires anything from there.

UncleSam

Smash Master
You're severely nerfing Falco by giving him a weapon that isn't as versatile as the others. If you REALLY wanna do this, you should set restrictions on the other weapons(ones that make sense ofc)

They should have access to some mines, imo.
are you guys trying to over equip the spacies?
at least Samus' is multi-functional.
anyway just the wave beam and the missile is too little. At least give her her power beam and/or another electricity weapon (volt driver, shock coil, ect.)

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
anyway just the wave beam and the missile is too little. At least give her her power beam and/or another electricity weapon (volt driver, shock coil, ect.)
I'm saying fox having a Gatling gun pretty much puts him at the top automatically here. What he's trying to do to Falco is give him a weapon that's really not even suited for the kind of battle that'll occur.

Yeah, sure, Falco's a sharpshooter, but I HIGHLY doubt they'll just let him climb a hill and pick people off.

Really, just give me some feasible ammo restrictions and a weapon set that's fairly decent I'll be convinced

tocador

Smash Lord
Being realistic now, but you sound biased.

Samus has only one "space" where she needs to shoot all her weapons from. Now, she all ready has a missle there, and the wave beam(which i allready explained in the snake MU isnt realistic, so i'd suggest replacing it with another beam), and how the hell is she going to have space to potencially store another type of amo?

@JOE: The wave beam are electricity shots, and as discussed way before they arent possible IRL, so i'd say give her another weapon.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Samus has only one "space" where she needs to shoot all her weapons from. Now, she all ready has a missle there, and the wave beam(which i allready explained in the snake MU isnt realistic, so i'd suggest replacing it with another beam), and how the hell is she going to have space to potencially store another type of amo?
There is a difference between "bullets" and "energy weapons" tocador.
The missile is the only thing that would take up space and even then if we're going to whine about it, it can be loaded externally or not used at all (I personally don't use missiles in MP3, they suck :p)
The wave beam is electricity and so is the volt driver. The power beam is the default weapon and the Shock coil is a electrical coil that is used by ionizing neutrinos (?).
That's 4 beams, the amount she's always had in her games.
And since it can transform to 4 different modes it'd be perfect.
And if we're not going to use electrical weapons, there are plenty more. We could just give her the darkburst and be on with it. loljk

UncleSam

Smash Master

There is room around her arm in the arm cannon, if it's electricity we're talking about (or anything actually theoretically of course)
whatever we're using as the weapon, flows around the edges and insider her arm cannon until it is ignited/released at the barrel.

Top Bottom