• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

JOE!

Smash Hero
things to consider:

The hands show much more mobility than tabu, being able to fly very fast

Tabuu only teleports short range, and his attacks are rather slow

Can the Dragon Canon hit the FLOATING hands?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Tabuu can PUNISH the hands with the dragon cannon.

Crazy has a thrashing attack that leaves him on the ground for a while. The both of them also have their drill and punch attacks.

The dragon cannon can hit. The start-up lag isn't that bad, it just requires timing on Tabuu's part.

JOE!

Smash Hero
This is turning out to be one of the more unanimous debates... >.>

So, no guesses as to what the 2nd canon fight will be? ;P

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Tabuu's teleportation will get him out of trouble in ANY situation, especially since he can just teleport in a direction (short distance) and then keep going that direction while teleporting multiple times.

He can hit them with fire balls, those needle things, etc.

tocador

Smash Lord
What if Crazy hand/Master hand managed to CATCH tabuu before he teleports? Will the hand teleport with him? Or maybe just he teleports?

If the hands tele with him, its easily in their side, as catching tabuu will result in the hands firing those bombs/lasers while being in a close range and never missing. And i dont think tabuu cant resist that much :B.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Wow... I've been gone for a week, and this thread got like twenty more pages.... I dunno about this match-up - I sort of agree with Adumbrodeus. Both combatants are seriously unrealistic and lack a basic knowledge of what to do IRL.

You have yet to prove this. So far, you haven't brought an official source on how fast Yoshi can run. All this time, you've been making up stuff.
I vow to do a better job from now on, to the best of my ability, to think these things out more....:)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I'm goin' to vote Tabuu. Mostly because of his teleportation enabling him to attack any part of the Hand and evade virtually every attack in his path.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tabuu doesn't stand a chance people.
He doesn't have anything now, all his tricks, teleporting, along with just about everything he can do barring the Whip Grab (Useless) and Canon have no way of actually being plausible in real life.
Master and Crazy Hand, though, still have the simple "Beat the living crap out of him as giant hands" thing going on.

The Hands win by a ****ing landslide.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Tabuu doesn't stand a chance people.
He doesn't have anything now, all his tricks, teleporting, along with just about everything he can do barring the Whip Grab (Useless) and Canon have no way of actually being plausible in real life.
Master and Crazy Hand, though, still have the simple "Beat the living crap out of him as giant hands" thing going on.

The Hands win by a ****ing landslide.
:laugh: Read the OP. Honestly, that was just mentioned...

JOE!

Smash Hero
regardless, im about to wrap this one up....

It seems tabuu has the edge simply due to mobility.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
:D

I love how these thinking, intelligent people manage to miss those obvious rules of READ THE OP.
More of a suggestion then anything else. If you've been following the thread for a while it's easy to think "yea, I know how this works" and miss important details like this, if they're only in the OP and not mentioned on the post to initiate it.

Understand, unless there's something glaring to make people refer back to the OP, most people only read the OP once. Flags like *reread OP* help, a lot. Or just putting it in the title.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I never thought of it that way. I find myself rereading the OP just for fun... I dunno why. But either way, is this match done?

EDIT: What S.O.L.I.D. said below. How about we bring Samus into the fray?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
We can move on, this isn't going anywhere.

Tabuu's teleportation is too much for the hands to grasp (pun intended) and therefore they have no real way of containing him, he can just fly freely and projectile them or rush them.

D3w3y

Smash Cadet
It's funny how in every previous fight we had people come in a state how so and so will win because of unrealistic attributes and then this fight when it was changed to unrealistic we had the opposite.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Samus vs. ZSS would be cool.
Well, that would be sort of neat, I guess. But it sort of reminds me of something like Link versus Young Link. As far as I can see, ZSS is just a handicapped Samus.

It's funny how in every previous fight we had people come in a state how so and so will win because of unrealistic attributes and then this fight when it was changed to unrealistic we had the opposite.
:) Er, uh, why did you double post?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Dang it - sorry for the double post. :( I have a question though - where could Peach keep all that sports equipment? As far as I can see, she could only bring one or two (whatever she can carry in her hands) "weapons." Probably only one, as she would most likely have to use two hands for one weapon.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Both the Golf Club and Baseball bat would be epic, but I think that the bat would be easier to use for Peach. Either way, I'd say a sword is superior.

EDIT: Okay, I've done a bit of looking around, and it seems that Zelda's blade is relatively fragile. It's long but thin, and is probably best used for stabbing, rather than swinging around. The baseball bat could probably break her sword if it hit hard enough....

However, Zelda will IMO be more intelligent than Peach. She is blessed with the Triforce of Wisdom and is shown to possess incredible knowledge, insight, and judgment. Another thing is that both Zelda and Peach are generally absent from the action. However, both have had opportunities to enter the fray and have done so on occasion. Zelda is shown to have experience with the bow, another reference to her ability.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Zelda has a bow and is more intelligent.

She can just shoot Peach before Peach gets in range, and if Peach somehow approaches, all Zelda has to do is out maneuver Peach's bat and stab her.

This is pretty one sided imo...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I vote Zelda for the intelligence, weapon, and lethality. I'd say they're at the same speed, but I think Zelda would have a bit more of an edge in experience. I've never really seen Peach enter the fray much... but Zelda encounters Ganondorf in WW, TP, and there was another, wasn't there? Zelda's sword is comparatively fragile, but it is more lethal than a baseball bat. :ohwell: And IF Zelda can use her bow, well that's that. Even if she can't bring it here, she still is better prepared than Peach.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well Zelda has:
A bow
A sword

Peach has:
Turnips/turnip (Although that won't do anything)
An indestructable umbrella (Does that count? She used one but can something really be indestrucable? Maybe really strong)
and a bat/golf club

@Dragonblooded: Peach appeared in 4 games, Super Princess Peach, Super Mario bros. 2, Super Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG

Anyway, i'm baised thinking Peach would win, Dragonblooded said that her sword has fragile and a bat would probably break it, in the OP it says it is unknown if Zelda is good with the sword, if someone isn't good/inexperienced with a sword it wouldn't help that much since she doesn't know how to use it well.

Now isn't the light bow magic? i'm not sure but if it is I assume you took away the magic, if she manages to get a gaint bow (I assume it's gaint from brawl) somehow, wouldn't just slow her down, I don't know if her indestructable umberella can protect her from a bow without it flying away (if it's allowed) but a gaint bow with a gaint arrow take a long time to set up?

I am ignorant to LoZ so I might have got alot wrong, hopefully not >.<, oh well i'm dumb :p

justaway12

Smash Master
♥ I'm going with Samus vs Meta-Ridley?

@S.O.L.I.D.: Doesn't Zelda have a GAINT bow? If she manages to get it in there wouldn't it take a long time to set up her Bow and arrow (I am assuming it's big because of brawl, but I'm ignorant with LoZ so i'm probably wrong)
♥

Top Bottom