• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

B!squick

Smash Master
He doesn't, this completely disarms Bowser of all those things, Jay. Thats what this thread is about.

Its about characters having deathmatches in a Real World setting using only their combat skils and natural abilities.

Look at my posy on the last page, and some other people's posts back there too, just so you get an idea what it is we're doing.

That is unless this is a joke post (I HOPE SO!)
Hence the last line of my post.

Bowser STILL has the necessary natural tools to deal with any flying lizard that dies when you snuff out it's tail.
Victory is still flawless. Plus, Bowser is cooler by a margin that some may say is...

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
I'm going to say Charizard for this one. Time and time again Bowser has shown us... that he just sucks. Him and his army have yet to get a shot off of Mario. While Charizard (Refering to the Pokemon anime) has taken out a Blaziken and a Blastoise! A Blastoise!!! Plus, Charizard is so strong he choses not to listen to anybody. He's just that good. :D

daisho

Smash Lord
I'm going to say Charizard for this one. Time and time again Bowser has shown us... that he just sucks. Him and his army have yet to get a shot off of Mario. While Charizard (Refering to the Pokemon anime) has taken out a Blaziken and a Blastoise! A Blastoise!!! Plus, Charizard is so strong he choses not to listen to anybody. He's just that good. :D
Why do you exist??????

(read the OP, this has nothing to do with how cool they are in their show or game, just their physical abilities)

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237756

Read OP, kthx.

JOE!

Smash Hero
All new posters, please read the OP before anything

Anywho, Im about to do the breakdown soonish, so get in your last debates...

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Bottom Line, Bowser's high armor due to his shell, his incredible physical strength and size make him the winner.

Quote this if you want.

"When it comes to these two lizards, Bowser is still the king of defense AND offense."

@ Daisho: That was a little rude I think, despite Nino's ignorance of the first post.

@ Nino: like JOE! said...

"All new posters, please read the OP before anything"

Sieguest

Smash Master
OH SNAP! LAST DITCH EFFORT TO CREATE CHARIZARD AWARENESS!!!

I'll do a simple tee for tee..err...show

Bowser-That mutated Texas Horned Toad in my back yard...O_0
Fire Breath
Sharp Claws
Extremely Large and muscular
That blasted shell of his...

Charizard- That awesome lizard I had that fell in a radioactive lake @_@
Fire breath
Sharp Claws
Wings
Speed

so its 4to4 or with the fire breath and claws going straight....
Basically Charizard can just pick at Bowser from the air.. what defense does Bowser have to that other than hiding in his shell, which won't do him much good...
Plus Charizard could whip up those fierce winds and put Bowser in a major fix...not much King Koopa can do about that...Hard armor won't protect from gale force wind...
Bowser's only chance to get close would be when Charizard tires...but even then..Charizard could just stay out of reach of Bowser until it gets perked up again, then continues it's assualt...unless Charizard goofs and trys to go close combat with Bowser...I don't see how bowser stands a chance against Charizard's distanced, but powerful offensive...:)

daisho

Smash Lord
I was just joking...

Guy above me... why does charizard outspeed bowser? Because you think he does?

Charizard has decent size wings... hes also 200 pounds... he can't create fierce enough winds to move a bowser (how much does he weigh??)

What can Charizard do from the air that Bowser can't do to him from the ground? Also, why wouldn't his shell help him?

So yeah... Charizard is no match for bowser...

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
OH SNAP! LAST DITCH EFFORT TO CREATE CHARIZARD AWARENESS!!!

I'll do a simple tee for tee..err...show

Bowser-That mutated Texas Horned Toad in my back yard...O_0
Fire Breath
Sharp Claws
Extremely Large and muscular
That blasted shell of his...

Charizard- That awesome lizard I had that fell in a radioactive lake @_@
Fire breath
Sharp Claws
Wings
Speed

so its 4to4 or with the fire breath and claws going straight....
Basically Charizard can just pick at Bowser from the air.. what defense does Bowser have to that other than hiding in his shell, which won't do him much good...
Plus Charizard could whip up those fierce winds and put Bowser in a major fix...not much King Koopa can do about that...Hard armor won't protect from gale force wind...
Bowser's only chance to get close would be when Charizard tires...but even then..Charizard could just stay out of reach of Bowser until it gets perked up again, then continues it's assualt...unless Charizard goofs and trys to go close combat with Bowser...I don't see how bowser stands a chance against Charizard's distanced, but powerful offensive...:)
Again, the fact that Bowser can breath fire negates that tactic, because if you're able to stand within arm's reach of lava and not get your face melted off, your probably pretty darn heat resistant, like Charizard is. His scales also make for a good defense against melee-based attacks as well. You are also not taking into account that a turtle/tortoise's shell is pretty strong, which, since Bowser can basically wait for the moment to strike in there, puts Charizard at a big disavantage.

You are also forgetting the fact that Bowser doesn't need speed, he makes up for it in terms of brute toughness and his huge physical strength, one well placed slap or punch would likely end it for Charizard, and you also forget that Charizard's ground speed and around Bowser's level in reality, due to their length, thus staying out of reach on the ground wouldn't be even possible unless he ran as well as his legs would allow, where as Bowser could probably climb to where Charizard would roost for a rest, doesn't make it an entirely safe option. Even then, if any are around Bowser could probably throw large rocks at Charizard.

When you're tired, you don't think really well, especially if you start getting frustrated, thus either one would be more susceptible to mistakes

One last thing, Bowser can probably weather the winds Charizard could kick up with those wings due to his weight making him a harder object to move. it would take a particularly strong gust to push Bowser back, or knock him over for that matter.

High Defense + High Strength > Speed + Minor Frailty in the long run.

Aerial skills don't mean jack when your opponent can defend himself by retreating into his shell, and sharp claws will not crack it, if the proportional strength of a Tortoise or Turtle is taken into consideration, that means the shell is probably pretty **** strong.

Sorry, Bowser wins out this one due to having high armor.

Felt the need to refute some of your assumptions.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I was just joking...

Guy above me... why does charizard outspeed bowser? Because you think he does?

Charizard has decent size wings... hes also 200 pounds... he can't create fierce enough winds to move a bowser (how much does he weigh??)

What can Charizard do from the air that Bowser can't do to him from the ground? Also, why wouldn't his shell help him?

So yeah... Charizard is no match for bowser...
Bowser couldn't reach a high flying Charizard...so charizard could just pelt him with something...(Iunno spit...?)

Also...I'm pretty sure Charizard could create strong enough winds to move bowser...despite the koopa king's girth...if not throw him off balance... leaving an opening and charizard's weight wouldn't exactly hamper the winds he could pick up...charizard's large wings with a large force behind them could whip up very powerful wind...plus how's a shell help you from the wind?...it's still movable...

And why Charizard outspeeds Bowser...because...Charizard's flight speed is not slow...and Charizard is deceptively fast for his size...just as sure as I am Bowser is deceptively quick for his almost 4 tons, but I still wager Charizard's faster...

@beren Zaiga- inertia comes into play here...if charizards can so much as fight the inital inertia to move bowser out of rest...then the inertia to put bowser back into a standing position will work against our friend the koopa...
I guess fire helps no one here...fire for the lose...If the koopa king decides to throw rocks...wind blows them back...bowser's options are limited if charizard creates a headwind... charizard can just stay out of reach and wear away the king until the king finally gives out...

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
i think charitard would win he can fly and boozer is slow and can barly move as it is lol

daisho

Smash Lord
Bowser couldn't reach a high flying Charizard...so charizard could just pelt him with something...(Iunno spit...?)

Also...I'm pretty sure Charizard could create strong enough winds to move bowser...despite the koopa king's girth...if not throw him off balance... leaving an opening and charizard's weight wouldn't exactly hamper the winds he could pick up...charizard's large wings with a large force behind them could whip up very powerful wind...plus how's a shell help you from the wind?...it's still movable...

And why Charizard outspeeds Bowser...because...Charizard's flight speed is not slow...and Charizard is deceptively fast for his size...just as sure as I am Bowser is deceptively quick for his almost 4 tons, but I still wager Charizard's faster...
As you said... there is nothing that he can throw...

As I said... someone with decent sized wings needs to use all their power to support himself. You really just don't understand that mass amount of force needed to move 4 tons... Especially so densely packed together... a couple of wings would maybe be like turning on the air conditioning to a medium setting for Bowser.

So he can fly fast. W00t. Okay now what is good about that. Hes not going to try and swoop in slashing since that would do minimal damage and run the risk of being hit by Bowser which would cripple him.

Why is charizard deceptively fast, Because you decided that?

Sieguest

Smash Master
As you said... there is nothing that he can throw...

As I said... someone with decent sized wings needs to use all their power to support himself. You really just don't understand that mass amount of force needed to move 4 tons... Especially so densely packed together... a couple of wings would maybe be like turning on the air conditioning to a medium setting for Bowser.

So he can fly fast. W00t. Okay now what is good about that. Hes not going to try and swoop in slashing since that would do minimal damage and run the risk of being hit by Bowser which would cripple him.

Why is charizard deceptively fast, Because you decided that?
Charizard is deceptively fast because the tv show and da games said so....:)

you overestimate bowser's size...
I'm pretty sure charizard could whip up a fairly powerful twister...and twisters have lifted things far heavier than 4 tons...

@cola- that puny bullet at bowser is like throwing a paper wad at the school bully...
"who threw that!?!" *cracks knuckles/claws*

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Charizard is deceptively fast because the tv show and da games said so....:)

you overestimate bowser's size...
I'm pretty sure charizard could whip up a fairly powerful twister...and twisters have lifted things far heavier than 4 tons...
Ok no matter how fast and strongly Charizard flaps those over grown pair of wings he will not eb able to get something as strong as twister going. Those wing will be even worse when he has to fight up close to bowser, they are to big. And if some how Charizard could get that much wind going he will be wasting so much energy >__>

Sieguest

Smash Master
Ok no matter how fast and strongly Charizard flaps those over grown pair of wings he will not eb able to get something as strong as twister going. Those wing will be even worse when he has to fight up close to bowser, they are to big. And if some how Charizard could get that much wind going he will be wasting so much energy >__>
sooo...even if he gets all the energy wasted and whips up that twister...what's helpless bowser going to do floating...TEAM BOWSER'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!
Announcer: GAME!

Plus...at the very least..Charizard could create a headwind...slowing bowser up...what's bowser going to do at snail speed then when Zard could fly in and out...picking at him...Zard doesn't have to do anything powerful...just pick at him and make him tired...Charizard can just play the patient game...:) GO PATIENCE!

Am I the only one fighting for this lizard now???

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
sooo...even if he gets all the energy wasted and whips up that twister...what's helpless bowser going to do floating...TEAM BOWSER'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!

Plus...at the very least..Charizard could create a headwind...slowing bowser up...what's bowser going to do at snail speed then when Zard could fly in and out...picking at him...Zard doesn't have to do anything powerful...just pick at him and make him tired...Charizard can just play the patient game...:) GO PATIENCE!

Yes and you are fighting an up hill battle. SO what Charizard can waste that much energy for a large amount of time, while still flying. Charizard has a better chance shooting fire from afar then wasting energy gushing wind at bowser.

daisho

Smash Lord

YES, and that should tell you something.

What part of WINGS CAN'T MAKE WIND THAT WOULD BOTHER BOWSER don't you understand. Its not an attack for Charizard GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MIND.

That being said, I'm 90% sure Charizard was fairly slow in the game and we are not basing it off the show so yeah, Charzard is not fast.

Sieguest

Smash Master
YES, and that should tell you something.

What part of WINGS CAN'T MAKE WIND THAT WOULD BOTHER BOWSER don't you understand. Its not an attack for Charizard GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MIND.

That being said, I'm 90% sure Charizard was fairly slow in the game and we are not basing it off the show so yeah, Charzard is not fast.
1. CHARIZARD TILL DEATH!!!! I'm not about to give up on my orange buddy....

2. Well your 90% is wrong....Charizard has fairly decent speed in the pokemon games (it's cause he's part flying!)

3. YES THE WINGS CAN MAKE A WIND THAT WILL BOTHER BOWSER! so it is an attack....that has some affect...and it stays in my mind....:)

4. @ Kirby wizard- either way charizard can wear and tear and tire out the king then make his move...the option is there...

5. Don't make me bust out the Seismic Toss- Throws FTW!!! (Is Seismic toss allowed...)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768

2. Well your 90% is wrong....Charizard has fairly decent speed in the pokemon games (it's cause he's part flying!)

3. YES THE WINGS CAN MAKE A WIND THAT WILL BOTHER BOWSER! so it is an attack....that has some affect...and it stays in my mind....:)

4. @ Kirby wizard- either way charizard can wear and tear and tire out the king then make his move...the option is there...

5. Don't make me bust out the Seismic Toss- Throws FTW!!! (Is Seismic toss allowed...)
Wear and tear, Charizard tiny arms are not helping him, and biting would be a death blow. That neck is to thin to survive and attack by bowser. Wow Charizard can sorta attack far away but he is screwd when it comes to close combat. Those wings will most likely break before gthey can bring out winds strong enough to blow away bowser. Yes he might be able to slow bowser down for a little bit but he would have to keep flapping those wings to keep slowing down bowser. This is almost useless if he does it close to bowser.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Wear and tear, Charizard tiny arms are not helping him, and biting would be a death blow. That neck is to thin to survive and attack by bowser. Wow Charizard can sorta attack far away but he is screwd when it comes to close combat. Those wings will most likely break before gthey can bring out winds strong enough to blow away bowser. Yes he might be able to slow bowser down for a little bit but he would have to keep flapping those wings to keep slowing down bowser. This is almost useless if he does it close to bowser.
I mean Wear and tear from a distance...spitting fire and what not, just being patient and wearing bowser down from afar then taking the right time for a good kill move....sorry for not clarifying

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace

For the last time...

WE ARE NOT BASING THIS OFF THE GAMES! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS AS IF IT IS IN THE WORLD OF REALITY, AND IN REAL LIFE, CHARIZARD WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KICK UP WINDS STRONG ENOUGH TO MOVE 4 TONS!

For the love of Einstein and Newton, GET THROUGH IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!

*Very irritated due to being hot and sweaty.*

daisho

Smash Lord

1. K wtvr.

2. FAIRLY DECENT... Bowser has fairly decent speed too. That makes them equal. And if anything you should take into account that part of Charizard's speed is because of his flying speed which we said that is useless

3. No... he just can't. Why don't you take a piece of cardboard and start flapping away at your car and see how much it does. Then try to miraculously strap it onto your back and make yourself fly (the equivalent of charizards wings allowing him to fly) and then try to fly and move your car by flapping at it. Not too succesful?

4. the king? What is bowser even king of... There is no way for charizard to tire out bowser so I don't know what your trying to say here.

5. No. We discussed a couple of pages back that we are not doing pokemon moves and it would be rediculous for him being able to pick up bowser with his own strength.

Sieguest

Smash Master
For the last time...

WE ARE NOT BASING THIS OFF THE GAMES! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS AS IF IT IS IN THE WORLD OF REALITY, AND IN REAL LIFE, CHARIZARD WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KICK UP WINDS STRONG ENOUGH TO MOVE 4 TONS!

For the love of Einstein and Newton, GET THROUGH IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!

*Very irritated due to being hot and sweaty.*
1. Calm down...
2. Charizards raising of winds is a realistic idea....period
3...I know the rules...we're looking at it realistically...but isn't everything based from the game...how else do we get the canonically ideas of characters without knowing the history of them in their games....gets your facts straight -_-

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Physical strenght:

Bowser wins. He is, canonically, three times as big as your average man( which would make moving impossible for him, realistically, but nevermind that, the realistic aspect was thrown away), and has has a lot of weight on his attacks. Charizard is as big as a 10 year old kid ( it is true, just compare sizes in your pokedex in your pokemon game).

Thoughness:

Bowser wins. Bowser has more protected areas than charizard and is more heavy, allowing him to absorb blows more easilly. Charizard has a very long, unprotected neck, easily breakable arms and wings and a huge weakness on his tail. Also, defeating bowser requires heavy weaponry most of the time (bombs, beams powered by god-like stars etc) to bring him down; charizard can be brought down by tackling him a few times.

Ranged attacks:

This is closer than most people think. Bowser can fire a HUGE amount of fireballs at the same time, that, while a single one may not bring down charizard because of his fire resistance, the accumulated damage may tire him on the long run. Charizrd has a limited arsenal, consisting of only four attacks that run out of ammo after a while. Also, his fire attacks would be even less effective on bowser, who has a shell and practically lives inside a volcano. The only attacks that would actually pose a threat to Bowser would be the ones like hyper beam, and those have VERY limited uses and leave charizard unable to act for a while.

Movement:

Charizard wins. He can fly, Bowser, while he can jump very high, cannot fly. This means that charizard can reach places that bowser cannot and attack him with ranged attacks.

Evasion:

Slight edge for charizrd. Bowser has been shown to be very acrobatic in some games( even able to use kung fu moves in Super mario RPG) and he can do some crazy jumping that puts Mario to shame. But still, charizard has the edge simply because he can fly and because he has better maneuvers.

Attack speed and accuracy:

They are equal. Both have ben shown to be able to attack very quickly. Bowser is definetly very fast for a giant turtle and charizard has a great speed stat.

Stamina:
Bowser can last a long time fighting(mario RPG), can shrug off battle damage after a while(mario galaxy) and he is very persistent( most game. Charizard gets tired very easily and battle damage actually makes his fighting ability worse.

Intelligence:

Bowser has this. He was shown to be a capable conqueror multiple times through the games, when he is not a joke character. Charizard is not more intelligent than an animal.

Bowser wins. He outlasts, outdamages, outwits and almost ourspeeds him. Charizard has very few things gong on for him.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Seeing as both characters are essentially similar, I'd say Bowser is probably stronger. He has a machine from which he can fly, if flying is a problem, and he's pretty evenly matched with charizard, but he's got a slightly studier build, and a spiked shell. While Charizard can fly, he doesn't actually outrange Bowser, so this only aids combat mobility. Both can throw things at each other, and breath fire at each other. Furthermore, it's easier to damage Charizard's wing, which greatly hinders his mobility completely, even beyond just his flying, as Charizard needs them to balance.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Now, if we are looking at it VERY realistically, bowser wouldn't even be able to move. He would be too heavy for his body to handle and he would be crushed under his own weight, like a whale stuck on a shore.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Physical strenght:

Bowser wins. He is, canonically, three times as big as your average man( which would make moving impossible for him, realistically, but nevermind that, the realistic aspect was thrown away), and has has a lot of weight on his attacks. Charizard is as big as a 10 year old kid ( it is true, just compare sizes in your pokedex in your pokemon game).

Thoughness:

Bowser wins. Bowser has more protected areas than charizard and is more heavy, allowing him to absorb blows more easilly. Charizard has a very long, unprotected neck, easily breakable arms and wings and a huge weakness on his tail. Also, defeating bowser requires heavy weaponry most of the time (bombs, beams powered by god-like stars etc) to bring him down; charizard can be brought down by tackling him a few times.

Ranged attacks:

This is closer than most people think. Bowser can fire a HUGE amount of fireballs at the same time, that, while a single one may not bring down charizard because of his fire resistance, the accumulated damage may tire him on the long run. Charizrd has a limited arsenal, consisting of only four attacks that run out of ammo after a while. Also, his fire attacks would be even less effective on bowser, who has a shell and practically lives inside a volcano. The only attacks that would actually pose a threat to Bowser would be the ones like hyper beam, and those have VERY limited uses and leave charizard unable to act for a while.

Movement:

Charizard wins. He can fly, Bowser, while he can jump very high, cannot fly. This means that charizard can reach places that bowser cannot and attack him with ranged attacks.

Evasion:

Slight edge for charizrd. Bowser has been shown to be very acrobatic in some games( even able to use kung fu moves in Super mario RPG) and he can do some crazy jumping that puts Mario to shame. But still, charizard has the edge simply because he can fly and because he has better maneuvers.

Attack speed and accuracy:

They are equal. Both have ben shown to be able to attack very quickly. Bowser is definetly very fast for a giant turtle and charizard has a great speed stat.

Stamina:
Bowser can last a long time fighting(mario RPG), can shrug off battle damage after a while(mario galaxy) and he is very persistent( most game. Charizard gets tired very easily and battle damage actually makes his fighting ability worse.

Intelligence:

Bowser has this. He was shown to be a capable conqueror multiple times through the games, when he is not a joke character. Charizard is not more intelligent than an animal.

Bowser wins. He outlasts, outdamages, outwits and almost ourspeeds him. Charizard has very few things gong on for him.
I would give Bowser the edge seeing he has a shell he can escape into if Charizard attacks from far away. >__>

But everything else seems correct

*gives cake*

daisho

Smash Lord
Now, if we are looking at it VERY realistically, bowser wouldn't even be able to move. He would be too heavy for his body to handle and he would be crushed under his own weight, like a whale stuck on a shore.
And charizard wouldn't be able to fly... we aren't being THAT realistic.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
One thing you said that was wrong is about Charizards moves. We are saying that charizard does not have specific moves and can just spit fire at people.

Otherwise, a lot of your stuff was accurate, but mostly already covered.
Just spit fire? Then charizard has no realistic chance of beating Bowser. None of charizard's attacks will do much to him, and because of physics, any attempt at melee by charizard would end with HIM getting hurt.

Bowser ***** charizard.

Daisho:
I know, just saying.

daisho

Smash Lord
Just spit fire? Then charizard has no realistic chance of beating Bowser. None of charizard's attacks will do much to him, and because of physics, any attempt at melee by charizard would end with HIM getting hurt.

Bowser ***** charizard.

Daisho:
I know, just saying.
Yeah thats what i was saying... I mean, he can also use his claws and teeth, but they are pretty useless vs. Bowser.

Sieguest

Smash Master
So charizard will keep flying around doing nothing? Okay fine... he'll get tired eventually and not be able to fly.

Face it. Charizard will die.

Charizard can still shoot fire while flying...and bowser will tire out eventually as well by trying to get after Charizard too...

I'm getting triple teamed...oh snap *puts up shield...prepares for onslaught...*

Top Bottom