• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

daisho

Smash Lord
^
deadliest warrior, not deadliest assassin
OMG... that Ninja vs. Spartan battle was so ****ing stupid...

Okay so we are going to give the Spartan the advantage of always having on his armor. He is always fighting in his own element. In an open field where he had plenty of time to armor up.

But for the ninja, we are going to take away his armor that he actually had and not let him fight at night or sneak up on the spartan in his sleep and fight the battle without armor.

And... when he throws broken glass into your eyes its not an auto kill since he doesn't always just run in with a sword strike to the face.

That episode was so broken and gay.

That being said, don't say that snake has better weapons based on Brawl. Also don't say that wolf seems clumsy from brawl.

About Snake's stealth... he is really amazing, but Wolf probably has wolf-like senses and would be able to smell/hear him scuttling around.

But if Snake got close wolf would just be slaughtered. Claws Vs. Knife claws win... but Claws + good hand to hand training Vs Knife + Snake training Snake wins... by alot.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wolf probably. Snake has tons of experience...in covert combat.

Equipment goes to Snake, he doesn't have the experience needed for this battle in particular.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Except it would be hard to actually get close to him.

Bringing a sword or a fist to a gunfight is a bad idea. And the stealth factor would only matter if he could confuse Wolf's senses. Also, like I said, Wolf's versions of Snake's weapons are better than Snake's. The blaster is fast and can be charged, the grenade is the strongest weapon in assault ( can kill all except bosses in one blow) and the rocket auto aims the target. The reflector also makes a brickwall for snake. Snake has to be wary of using his weapos so they don't get reflected while Wolf can just spam them if he wants. And if we were taking all of their weapons into account then Wolf heavily outclasses snake.

He also has the best stats in assault, far superior to the other characters stats, and they are pretty darn fast and durable to begin with. And he was trained in the cornerian academy, so he is not an untrained fighter, at all.

Snake is more badass but he has the odds against him in this match, and unless we are talking about naked snake or old snake, he needs an installation with confusing corridors to actually try stealth effectivelly. Otherwise he will be easilly seen and detected.

Also: WOLF HAS MORE THAN CLAWS AND A GUN IN THIS MATCH. for those that hadn't realized yet.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
My scenario for the fight wuld go like this:

Beginning: Snake is at a slight disadvantage here. A 9mm pistol wouldn't really kill wolf unless he shoots him the head, while wolf can aim anywere in his body with his plasma gun and snake's insides are already burned to a crisp, crippling him or killing him outright if he shioots a vital or burns one too many organs.

Sinopsis: If Snake lands a critical hit, he wins, if wolf lands a hit, he wins.

Middle: everyone is emptying their ammo. Wolf also has the advantage here. Wolf has stronger grenades, an auto homing rocket launcher, a reflector and a chargeable blaster with infinite ammo. Snake has limited ammo(no infinite ammo headband for him here) and inferior weapons. The only thing he has is a slightly superior skill, but Wolf is not without military and pilot training and battle experience.

Sinopsis: It depends on who gets a lucky hit here, and wolf has better chances of hitting it.

Late fight: Unless they are fighting on a confusing, enclosed area, Wolf wins. He still has his infinite ammo blaster and his senses, while snake has already run out of ammo and must get close to him to actually do something to him, which won't be easy because of Wolf's superior reflexes, senses and a long range weapon.

Sinopsis:This is were the stage trully decides the outcome. Plain battlefield=wolf wins, a bunch of corridors= snake wins.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Since everyone is talking about weaponry, I'm surprised that the whole Rex vs. Arwing argument hasn't come up. There is no telling whether the Arwing's blasters would be able to burn holes through Rex or whether Rex's machine guns could get through any force field on the Arwing. If the Arwing has rockets like on Rex, than they're even in that department but we're forgetting one important thing. Rex has a nuke with an amazing targeting system. Death Star>Nuke>Arwing. Therefore, Lord Vader wins by a landslide.

Oh, and lets not forget that Snake was able to take down Metal Gear ON FOOT. If he only needs to avoid Wolf's weaponry in order to get in there and do damage with his superior CQC, then Wolf is as good as dead. Multiple machine guns and rocket launchers is a little more difficult to deal with than one ******* blaster (excuse the obvious understatement).

Edit: And in response to payasofobia, Snake once sniped one of the best snipers in the world after taking less than a second to look through the crosshairs. He can get a headshot quite easily. And who says he can't have an infinite ammo headband? :) If he doesn't have that, then he must have the optical camoflauge suit. No matter how good Wolf's sense of smell would be, he wouldn't be able to shoot something that's invisible.

Obvious Winner = Obviously Snake

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Snake has nanomachines. Nanomachines can do anything.

/discussion

But seriously... This is definitely in Snake's favor. Snake is a legendary soldier who's capable of taking out a giant number of enemies on his own. He's fought giant robots, psychopaths with crazy weapons, and he's been in plenty of battles that don't require stealth. So the argument that Snake can only win if he can be stealthy is out. Granted, if he can be stealthy about everything, it's no contest.

All Snake has to do is hide till Wolf is in the right spot, then pop out, slice his neck, shove a grenade in it, and kick him through the window.

Wolf might have more futuristic space guns and whatnot, but Snake has taken on bigger and badder things than a short little furry with lazars. Wolf can't even beat Fox. He just stops Fox from doing that every once in a while.

Did I mention the nanomachines? :D They. Can. Do. ANY-THING.

I mean cmon guys... Snake can take out tanks by himself on foot. What other person on this planet can do that? Also helicopters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIAjrLi6qHc

/end obvious bias and messing around here

Seriousness begins here:

This isn't to say the little furry wouldn't put up quite a fight. The main reason being the reflector, making everything Snake shoots pointless. However, there have been plenty of instances where Snake is unable to shoot something, but there's always an opportunity at some point, and it will be taken advantage of.

Let's put it tactically though. Most people would think Snake would just shoot a regular gun during this brief opening. Nope. Snake is smarter than that. One shot from a tranq gun, and down goes Wolf. Wolf might not even know he's been hit. Snake just gets to walk up and do whatever he wants. If I were him, I'd take all of Wolf's equipment and wait for him to wake up to make Wolf feel hopeless. Then it's just claws vs everything Snake had before, and Wolf's own equipment.

Wolf is only at an advantage if he can perfectly reflect every bullet that comes his way while still maintaining fire on Snake. And nobody is perfect. He's bound to get hit eventually.

So here I think it's:
Skill, stealth, and clever tactics > slightly better weapons

Wolf is just another one of the weird and unique soldiers Snake has to fight. He's overcome everything like this before. What makes this one fight different?

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake is a genetically engineered super soldier that has never done anything but fight wars, and he has nanomachines that repair his wounds and do all sorts of other crazy things. in a straight up fight, snake rocks wolfs world. even better? he's sneaky as ****, he could just disappear and cap wolf in the back of the head, but it's not like he'd need to.

daisho

Smash Lord
For all you people bringing snakes achievements into the discussion... how many times did you die with snake until you beat those bosses... also, wolf could easily take down a helicopter or tank...

Achievements mean NOTHING in this battle. It is all about weaponry and skill.

Snake has better skill but Wolf has better weaponry.

Wolf's weaponry outdoes Snakes skill imo but very slightly.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The achievements just show what the characters are capable of. Like on ecksbawks.

But my main point is still this:
Wolf is just another weird and unique soldier Snake has to fight.

Think of it this way. People like Psycho Mantis, Crying Wolf, 300 foot robots firing missiles point blank. All are way more difficult to take down than Wolf. I don't think Wolf can break the 4th wall, or be 300 feet tall and shoot nukes at any spot on the globe.

Wolf would be just like the fight with Crying Wolf in MGS4. He'd run around hiding behind an impenetrable shield, then pop out to shoot with his obviously superior weaponry, just to get shot right in the head.

Crying Wolf had a big robotic suit that deflected all bullets and made her run EXTREMELY fast. And she has a giant freakin futuristic laser canon, that she could SNIPE with. She's already better than Wolf is. Snake won that pretty easy. >_> And when the fight is over, she comes out of the suit and tries to suck the life out of Snake with her magic sexy powers, yet Snake still overcame that. I don't think Wolf can the suck life out of people with magic sexy powers.

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
Let's not also forget that wolf has a bullet-proof vest. so it would make it harder for snake to shoot him. So what we need to know first is how the fight would even start. Would they take out their weapons and shoot? or would they just charge right into eachother like savages? Wolf may be good in hand-to-hand combat, but snake is better. However, Wolf's weaponry is more advanced in technology. So this is a pretty close battle. In my opinion, snake would win. I've never played MGS, but i do know that snake has this "thing" that makes him invisible. He could use that to aid him so that wolf wouldn't know where to shoot. Then snake would just grab his neck and finish everything. So...Yeah. That's basically what I think and everything. :p

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the whole futuristic weapons argument is kind of silly. It's not like lasers > bullets.

We've all seen Halo before. :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
Snake never dies. He's better than Chuck Norris and Batman. The man refuses to be deemed a legend and he smokes.
oh, well then.

this man clearly sums teh matchup up quite clearly:

smoking legend >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wolf o'donnel

Im gonna go all sorts of old school on this and have it go a mixture of Deadliest Warrior and Animal face-off for this one:

SCENARIO:

Wolf has just landed his arwing near a military like place, outside.

Snake sees this and thinks that it is some sort of bad-guy out to get him.

However, they both spot each other from across the sort of landing area, Snake near a few crates, and Wolf just outside his Wolfen.

Discuss.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
The achievements just show what the characters are capable of. Like on ecksbawks.

But my main point is still this:
Wolf is just another weird and unique soldier Snake has to fight.

Think of it this way. People like Psycho Mantis, Crying Wolf, 300 foot robots firing missiles point blank. All are way more difficult to take down than Wolf. I don't think Wolf can break the 4th wall, or be 300 feet tall and shoot nukes at any spot on the globe.

Wolf would be just like the fight with Crying Wolf in MGS4. He'd run around hiding behind an impenetrable shield, then pop out to shoot with his obviously superior weaponry, just to get shot right in the head.

Crying Wolf had a big robotic suit that deflected all bullets and made her run EXTREMELY fast. And she has a giant freakin futuristic laser canon, that she could SNIPE with. She's already better than Wolf is. Snake won that pretty easy. >_> And when the fight is over, she comes out of the suit and tries to suck the life out of Snake with her magic sexy powers, yet Snake still overcame that. I don't think Wolf can the suck life out of people with magic sexy powers.
And Fox has fought against armies of gigantic, robotic all-eating bugs on foot, Ike can take down whole armies and giant man-beasts single-handheldly, Samus can destroy whole planets and their armies and Mario can kill the freaking sun... THATS ALIVE AND WANTS TO KILL HIM!

With all odds against them. With inferior numbers and weapons.

All because they are protagonists and they are supposed to win, while sidekicks are not as effective because you are not controlling them and because antagonists can't win unless it is in a cutscene.

Example: Bowser usually sucks and gets beaten by Mario time and again and he allways gets beaten by bigger, badder villains. Make him playable and suddenly he can kick said villain's *** pretty easilly. ( Super Paper Mario)

Achievements mean nothing.

kr3wman

Smash Master
And Fox has fought against armies of gigantic, robotic all-eating bugs on foot, Ike can take down whole armies and giant man-beasts single-handheldly, Samus can destroy whole planets and their armies and Mario can kill the freaking sun... THATS ALIVE AND WANTS TO KILL HIM!

With all odds against them. With inferior numbers and weapons.

All because they are protagonists and they are supposed to win, while sidekicks are not as effective because you are not controlling them and because antagonists can't win unless it is in a cutscene.

Example: Bowser usually sucks and gets beaten by Mario time and again and he allways gets beaten by bigger, badder villains. Make him playable and suddenly he can kick said villain's *** pretty easilly. ( Super Paper Mario)

Achievements mean nothing.
They're better than biased speculation. (IE the rest of the thread)

MG games are some of the only games that you can actually directly get feats from because the games are scaled in a realistic fashion and they don't go against the laws of physics.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
And that's Snake's weakness here. He is a REALISTIC soldier fighting against mostly ordinary guys that defy the laws of nature, logic and common sense, WITHOUT his main character's plot shield.

Now to the scenario:

Snake already lost the surprise factor, so he is at a disadvantage here. Wolf is already aware that there is a very ugly monster (from Wolf's point of view) creeping on his base, so he would already be alerted and wary.

Wolf gets out a plasma grenade( a weapon capable of destroying heavily armored vehicles in one explosion) and throws it where Snake is. Snake barely dodges the explosion but the flying debris injures him and he also has no good places to hide now.

Snake aims his 9mm handgun at wolf, but Wolf's higher mobility makes him miss or hit Wolf's vest. Wolf gets his plasma gun out and begins shooting at him. The plasma gun's slower firing speed makes him miss all the shots.

Snake throws hand grenades at Wolf, but their longer blowing time and Wolf's higher mobiility and reaction times allow him to get far away form the grenade's fragments and explosions.

Snake takes this time to get away from Wolf and uses his Nikita, but the nikita is too slow and Wolf has already fired his rocket against Snake. Snake is forced to stop his nikita and manages to avoid fatal damage from the explosion, but his nikita laucher is damaged now.

Snake begins firing his 9mm again, but Wolf activates his reflector and all of the bullets return to him, wounding him badly. But he is pretty tough so he can still fight, but he is grounded. Wolf is ready to strike the finishing blow, so he gets a little closer to snake so he can shoot his, but then smells the contents of a c4. Snake blows up the c4 and, while wolf managed to get far enough not to die, he was badly wounded and most of his weapons ran out of ammo or are damaged.

This is Snake's chance to get close. He has no ammo so he goes for melee combat, sure that he can win because of his superior CQC. He gets close and then*flack* a charged plasma shot is fired at him. Snake did not know that Wolf's blaster had infinite ammo. He passes out and Wolf goes for the last shot.

Wolf wins.

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
But the discussion is based on realism. If we want to go "Oh Snake is more celebrated because he's a main character", then we would just default to "Wolf sucks because he isn't a main character, never was, never will be", but that's not the point.

If we are going to compare, we'd have to come to terms with a variety of things. Solid Snake was built to be the perfect super soldier, although admittedly the weakest of the three. Naked Snake was nature coming closest to said super soldier. Wolf is just a mercenary who is foiled time and again by Starfox crew.

Let's not turn this into a troll thread where everyone has bias; I mean, naturally I'm going to lean towards Snake because I believe he is superior and I'm a huge MGS fan, but I'm not going to straight-out declare Wolf is pathetic or something just because.

We're doing this on the basis of 'what if' and realism, it's in the OP.

In any case, Snake will be deadlier in close combat, and he will be deadlier at range. A blaster of concussive force with a blade on the end serves a draw against the Socom/Knife combo, so Mid range would be a tie. But since Snake can use the gun/Knife in combination with CQC without losing a step, there's an advantage.

If they start at range, Snake is going to bring out either an RPG or a Sniper Rifle; Because of how fast he can bring a bead on an opponent, Wolf will probably be outdrawn if he decides to go for a weapon, so it would leave his best option to be a reflector. Bullet/missile evaded, but now Snake can take advantage of the time the reflector gives him by hiding or advancing; apply pressure with slightly off-center shots so he doesn't shoot himself, keep Wolf in the shield until he gets close, throws him down, disarms him, and breaks his neck.

This is a projected outcome, and it's not set in stone.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
But Wolf is not a slouch, either. He has both animal traits and human traits. And Wolf also has those weapons or more, and are actually better. But we are not using their whole arsenal, we are using.

9mm pistol and blaster.
frag grenade and Star fox grenade.
Nikita and Star fox rocket launcher.
and c4 and reflector.

And all of Wolf's guns are better than Snake's. ( Blaster is stronger, can be charged and auto aims, grenade has a huge explosive radius and can destroy heavily armored vehicles from the outside, the RPG auto aims and is as fast as your usual RPG and his reflector, which is unlike star-fox's, makes 3/4 of snake's weapons useless)

Snake has better training and CQC, but CQC is irrelevant in a gunfight, unless Snake is somehow inmune to armor piercing, high power, autoaiming, infinite ( for the blaster) bullets and rockets. Also, Wolf has as much experience as him on a battlefield ( he actually FOUGHT the old Star Fox team.) and was trained in the cornerian academy.

Also, Wolf is much faster than Snake.
Forget about smell and senses, Wolf has a radar.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
When you think about it, Snake is one of the only characters in Brawl that comes from a game that's already very close to reality. So when you take a person from an unrealistic game, put them against a person in a realistic game and make them fight in a realistic setting, the realistic fighter is at an advantage.

Snake is one of the only character who's achievements actually mean something, because they happened in a setting that's already close to reality.

Snake is a legendary super soldier, built for war, and made to be able to take down extremely difficult foes. His entire life was spent in wars. He's killed thousands of other soldiers all on his own. He's a clone of the greatest soldier to ever grace the planet.

Just because Wolf has slightly better equipment doesn't mean he wins. Snake has fought people with better equipment than Wolf and won. Wolf isn't the greatest soldier of all time. He's just a cocky little furry with laser guns.

People don't seem to realize exactly who/what Snake is. They think he's just some random soldier... He is THE soldier. Wolf should be going to this guy for tips rather than trying to kill him. :/

Sadi

Smash Rookie
Considering these are both video game characters, it would be safe to say they both have amazing/better than average joe talents. They both have quality martial fighting talents as well as weaponry.

I'd have to say Snake would win because Wolf would think the fight is a joke. He'd feel he's won with his future weapons. Snake is more tactical and would figure something out (not that it would require much thought). However, when you make this a gun fight, it can go either way is someone slips up. A blind toddler with a handgun would win against Snake in an "unlucky circumstance".

_clinton

Smash Master
When you think about it, Snake is one of the only characters in Brawl that comes from a game that's already very close to reality. So when you take a person from an unrealistic game, put them against a person in a realistic game and make them fight in a realistic setting, the realistic fighter is at an advantage.
Yes...Snake is surely from a game that is very close to reality...that is why he takes on psychics and such by himself...

>_>

BTW...Wolf is more than a cocky little fury with laser guns (I like how you said people where undermining Snake...yet you called Wolf a cocky little fury with laser guns)...he is a ****ing crime lord as well...who has a bounty on his head for 3,000,000 or some **** like that

Oh and as far as fighting goes and with exp. I'd say they are evenly matched...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nanomachines. :p

But what I mean is, aside from Psycho Mantis floating stuff and messing with the 4th wall and stuff like that, the game is still pretty close. War and guns. There's no space fighting, special physics, magic, or any of that jazz. It's just a regular wartime environment on Earth. There's a bit more advanced technology though, and the occasional wacko who tries to destroy Snake. Boss fights are the only places where things get a little crazy, but even then, they're not THAT bad (other than the Mantis fights). Wolf would be like another boss fight to Snake.

Nearly every other boss has more realistic fights. Sniper Wolf has a Sniper battle, Revolver Ocelot has a gun face off, Vulcan Raven has a gunfight with a GIGANTIC FREAKING GUN (cheater), Liguid Snake has a fist fight... Psycho Mantis just likes to come in and screw with everything with nanomachines. As for MGS4 bosses, Screaming Mantis is another one that likes to mess things up with her nanomachines. The other ones just have some crazy battle suit...

And I know Wolf is a super criminal. But even so, he's not a legendary super soldier, made for war, and cloned from the greatest soldier who ever lived. Wolf may have seen war, but he's nowhere near the same league as Snake.

Liquid Snake tried to hijack a gigantic nuke launching war machine and control the world. That seems pretty high up on the "I'm-a-criminal" scale and Snake beat him.

There are so many spoilers in this thread now. >_>

Edit: And Wolf is a cocky little furry with laser guns... we all know that... I just failed to mention that he's also a big criminal. So I guess that's my bad. :/

daisho

Smash Lord
Nanomachines. :p

But what I mean is, aside from Psycho Mantis floating stuff and messing with the 4th wall and stuff like that, the game is still pretty close. War and guns. There's no space fighting, special physics, magic, or any of that jazz. It's just a regular wartime environment on Earth. There's a bit more advanced technology though, and the occasional wacko who tries to destroy Snake. Boss fights are the only places where things get a little crazy, but even then, they're not THAT bad (other than the Mantis fights). Wolf would be like another boss fight to Snake.

Nearly every other boss has more realistic fights. Sniper Wolf has a Sniper battle, Revolver Ocelot has a gun face off, Vulcan Raven has a gunfight with a GIGANTIC FREAKING GUN (cheater), Liguid Snake has a fist fight... Psycho Mantis just likes to come in and screw with everything with nanomachines. As for MGS4 bosses, Screaming Mantis is another one that likes to mess things up with her nanomachines. The other ones just have some crazy battle suit...

And I know Wolf is a super criminal. But even so, he's not a legendary super soldier, made for war, and cloned from the greatest soldier who ever lived. Wolf may have seen war, but he's nowhere near the same league as Snake.

Liquid Snake tried to hijack a gigantic nuke launching war machine and control the world. That seems pretty high up on the "I'm-a-criminal" scale and Snake beat him.

There are so many spoilers in this thread now. >_>

Edit: And Wolf is a cocky little furry with laser guns... we all know that... I just failed to mention that he's also a big criminal. So I guess that's my bad. :/
Yeah, Snake beat all those guys... who were made by the developers to be beaten.

Nobody cares what snake did or what wolf did.

Snake was a soldier who is amazing at everything soldierlike

Wolf is a futuristic wolf man who is good at everything but has better weapons.

Forget about their "Achievements" because they mean nothing. There is always a way to beat these bosses, they all have a weakness.

And Snake has died more times than those bosses have been beaten so...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was trying to prove that the game is semi-realistic and the bosses are the only areas where things get weird. So I listed bosses, not so much achievements. We've already covered most of those.

The whole "developers programming them to be beaten" thing just makes stuff confusing. And then adding in the players fault by dying in-game makes things even more confusing, so I'd rather we not get that far into things. :dizzy: That's like saying Wolf sucks because the player using Wolf keeps dying. It's the player who sucks, not the character.

And there's always a way to beat anybody. It doesn't have to be a boss in a video game. And with the skill Snake has, he's more than likely going to find a way to beat Wolf.

We know Snake's origins, what he can do, and his level of skill. The only area where Wolf surpasses Snake is in weaponry. Just this one thing doesn't make Wolf the winner. Snake's weapons aren't too far off from Wolf's. It's not like ZSS vs Shiek where it's futuristic weapons vs medieval weapons. It's modern weapons vs futuristic weapons. It's a good vs slightly better, and Snake has more than enough skill to make up for this disadvantage.

Wolf would definitely put up a fight, but he's just not as good as Snake is.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Answer's simple. Snake uses the Wolf-piss box from MGS1, then snaps Wolf's neck when he gets close.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
A skilled assassin vs. some dog with a laser gun.

Wolf may have a weaponry advantage, but Snake can easily get around that.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Wolf has some fancy tech and good combat skill, but Snake is better as a soldier overall. The big principle here is that you can't hit what you can't see very easily, and finding Snake is nigh impossible. Wolf would need a Wolfen or Landmaster to take him on, and Snake can decimate any vehicle with ease.

Top Bottom