• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tyranitar wins.

Generally speaking, the faster predator usually wins. Speed is always a key in a fight. But how does a speedy predator take down an opponent that is 235.9 Lbs bigger with rock-hard skin? It can't. Despite how fast Garchomp is, Tyranitar will have few places where it can be attacked. How many times have you seen a Rhino getting killed and eaten? Few. Tyranitar's size and strength seem to be superior to Garchomp's.

This is like a rhino vs. an oversized praying mantis in my opinion.
Exactly. Rhinos don't even get attacked by packs of lions cause they fear it, this is exactly the same thing. Tyranitar should be able to beat Garchomp by biting, headbuting or whacking it with its tail. Garchomp is light, and even though it has blades what hope does it has against Tyranitar's thick skin?

FD96

Smash Cadet
I'm going to have to go with tyranitar, his skin is just too hard for Garchomp to get through with ease.

tocador

Smash Lord
Tyranitar is green, therefore he wins.

Garchomp can maybe pull this off i tend to think, with really big range, and outfasting greatly tyranitar he can just poke TAR, and eventually get some critical hits like eye shots and proceding for the win.

There is a difference between TARxChomp, and Rion'sxLions. For the lions doom they dont have giant wing appendages that can poke rino's at their will. And for tar unluckyness he has no giant horn/thing that hurst to really damage chomp. Well maybe exept the tail.

And says who he has rock hard skin ^^?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Sephorth came in Clouds butt and now the whole space/time continuum was altered. Because of that, this thread is now abour *****es.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Also Garchomp will have an easier time avoiding Ttar's horrid range, sure Ttar can tank it for a while, but not long enough.

and you guys are comparing it to a Rhino, wth? how is it comparable to a rhino? It's not, you are making wrong comparisons, Garchomp is faster (and probably smarter) then a lion and can work alone very efficiently.
There is a difference between TARxChomp, and Rion'sxLions. For the lions doom they dont have giant wing appendages that can poke rino's at their will. And for tar unluckyness he has no giant horn/thing that hurst to really damage chomp. Well maybe exept the tail.
this guy.
How many times have you seen a Rhino getting killed and eaten? Few.
there young are hunted by Big cats like lions alot tho. also they're endangered, and they're also herbivores so they don't really know how to fight, the only reason tourists get attacked and stuff is because the Rhino feels that it is in danger and will ram into whatever is in it's way. Ttar acts nothing like that.

FD96

Smash Cadet
Well as you stated Rhinos attack because they feel like they are in trouble. All pokemon do the same to pokemon trainers. While a trainer is walking through grass a pokemon will attack them because they feel they are in trouble. So Rhinos and Tyranitars do act alike.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
there young are hunted by Big cats like lions alot tho. also they're endangered, and they're also herbivores so they don't really know how to fight, the only reason tourists get attacked and stuff is because the Rhino feels that it is in danger and will ram into whatever is in it's way. Ttar acts nothing like that.
Instead, Ttar challenges people just for ****s and giggles, and whenever they get grumpy, they bury rivers and destroy mountains. They would also maul lots of people if Pokemon wasn't family friendly. In fact, i think that Ttar would be the one rushing Garchomp in this fight, not viceversa.

Not taking any sides or anything. Just saying.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Instead, Ttar challenges people just for ****s and giggles, and whenever they get grumpy, they bury rivers and destroy mountains. They would also maul lots of people if Pokemon wasn't family friendly. In fact, i think that Ttar would be the one rushing Garchomp in this fight, not viceversa.

Not taking any sides or anything. Just saying.
Good point with Tyranitar rushing in for the first attack. If that's the case and Tyranitar doestry to strike first I think Garchomp has a better advantage.

Also, are we saying that Tyranitar would be fighting more on rage than anything? Afterall it seems like it could be more of a pokemon to attack out of anger/rage than Garchomp, who could possibly attack it as a predator. As a predator it can be assumed that Garchomp is the more intelligent than Tyranitar- a rampager.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Good point with Tyranitar rushing in for the first attack. If that's the case and Tyranitar doestry to strike first I think Garchomp has a better advantage.

Also, are we saying that Tyranitar would be fighting more on rage than anything? Afterall it seems like it could be more of a pokemon to attack out of anger/rage than Garchomp, who could possibly attack it as a predator. As a predator it can be assumed that Garchomp is the more intelligent than Tyranitar- a rampager.
Not necessarily a rampager, just aggressive. Since according to some games pokedex descriptions, "Tyranitar can't be harmed by any sort of attack", it's rather aggressive in picking fights, this doesn't mean that it will try to strike first, or just strike blindly. It only means that it's eager to pit its strength against other foes, because it knows that attackers couldn't put a scratch on it.

Also, REL obviously has never been attacked by a mutated bipedal rhino....

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Ahh okay that makes things clearer for me.

And for this MU it's still a toss-up for. Yes Tyranitar seems to be the more likely survivor of this fight but if Garchomp fights smart (hit and run, evade), I think Garchomp could tire Tyranitar down- and then Garchomp can just overwhelm it. But, on the other hand, on good hit from Tyranitar could mean game over for Garchomp.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That depends entirely on the speed of Ttar attacks. Ttar meay be very strong in his games, but IRL, that could change thanks to Ttar's lack of mobility. And, let's be honest, Ttar's armour would probably get in the way of his speed thanks to the fact that it lacks any sort of opening on it's joints to help him with his mobility.

Basicaly, what Rialdo said.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That depends entirely on the speed of Ttar attacks. Ttar meay be very strong in his games, but IRL, that could change thanks to Ttar's lack of mobility. And, let's be honest, Ttar's armour would probably get in the way of his speed thanks to the fact that it lacks any sort of opening on it's joints to help him with his mobility.

Basicaly, what Rialdo said.
inb4tailswipe.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Ahh okay that makes things clearer for me.

And for this MU it's still a toss-up for. Yes Tyranitar seems to be the more likely survivor of this fight but if Garchomp fights smart (hit and run, evade), I think Garchomp could tire Tyranitar down- and then Garchomp can just overwhelm it. But, on the other hand, on good hit from Tyranitar could mean game over for Garchomp.
some predators do do that when alone, and when they aren't aiming for prey that doesn't fight back.
inb4tailswipe.
you kinda need to put a twist on your whole body and if what Rialdospaldacht said is correct:
IIRC, the green is like rocky armor stuff, and the black is his skin.

That, though, brings up movement problems.
Ttar wouldn't be able to twist his body well, or at all because the outer shell is a solid and not very free-range except at joint areas, also his leg and hip structure would make it hard to spin well (hence why he can't learn rapid spin <-look under honorable mentions)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yeah, Ttar would be kind of fail IRL. Having skin made out of rock is never a good thing to have.

Hell, it doesn't even give him full range protection. That rocky skin may be able to ward off cuts, but blunt damage should be able to pierce it's skin. All Gar has to do is slam him really hard on his face.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Yeah, Ttar would be kind of fail IRL. Having skin made out of rock is never a good thing to have.

Hell, it doesn't even give him full range protection. That rocky skin may be able to ward off cuts, but blunt damage should be able to pierce it's skin. All Gar has to do is slam him really hard on his face.
Garchomp does have a HAMMER-Head

*leaves after plain horrible joke*

But actually it doesn't seem that Garchomp is a "blunt force" type of predator. His jaws are very powerful, maybe he would be able to clamp down and crush parts of Tyranitar? But to do that he would have to get in closely, something not advisable against such a powerful prey. Once again I think it comes down to the tactics of Garchomp either hit and running or evading till Ttar gets tired.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Garchomp's main means of attack would be tackling Ttar down or tail strikes. Even if it isn't rock hard, tough skin + Chomp hardly having that much teeth compared to several other predators/his crest-missiles things making it awkward to bite something like Ttar's arms make it seem meh. Skinny arms + fins would be hella awkward/weak for slicing skin, and to me it seems Chomp has pretty strong legs to be able to move that fast. Didn't think of it much, but Ty wouldn't be able to get up easily, if at all, and would seemingly chip off some spines/spikes. Keep away/rinse and repeat until Ty's down for the count.

tl;dr - Ground > Rock type.
Kinda realized Ty was boned when I was playing PS2 and watched him do DynamicPunch, lol.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I feel like crap today.

La fiebre porcina es mas bonita en la television que en la vida real. Esta mierda apesta.

Anyway, GARchomp is a cool Shark/Raptor/Dragon/Jet/Bat hybrid. Tyranitar is a lame porcupine. GAR wins.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
If Garchomp is slamming into a creature whose skin is made of rock/steel...why isn't that hurting him? Go put a jetpack on and go full speed into a boulder...it's gonna hurt

JOE!

Smash Hero
his skin isnt rock, since how can an organism pull that off?

thats not to say his skin cant be comparable in toughness >.>

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Only way I see T-Tar being able to move at all is if his body was covered in a flexible shell that has the least need space between the pieces to be flexible enough for movement that is somehow hard as rock, they would be pretty thick, but I don't see how he could develop it right now. Kind of like how Groudon's body appears segmented, except its in the pattern of the pieces of a turtle shell.

Sorry, I'm not having my Pikmin moment right now (you all remember that? how I got the Pikmin to work to some plausible extent).

Wish I was so I could get a stroke of genius and somehow make it biologically possible.

JOE!

Smash Hero
his skin could just be stupidly thick....

also, think I should take over the canon thread?

(this would also mean no more images for MUs)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
his skin could just be stupidly thick....

also, think I should take over the canon thread?

(this would also mean no more images for MUs)
Don't waste your time. Besides, we need you to update here. Let them find someone else to take it over.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Will update the MU next week....

but yeah, who is winning here again? >.>

seems to be a matter of if Chomp can even hurt TTar

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Garchomp is fast. Not to mention airborne. Tyranitar, however, even without shooting beams from it's mouth, is pretty literally a mountain. If Garchomp can make a dent in the rocky armor, a collection of swift bites and hits could end Tyranitar. However, given Tyranitar's armor, it could just sit there and Garchomp would be too tired before piercing the armor.

If it's an aggressive Tyranitar, i suppose Garchomp could tire it with it's superior agility and ability to take to the air, Tyranitar could get tired chasing Garchomp and Garchomp could hack at Tyranitar so that if it DOES wake up during the battle, it would be much too sore to move much. It's a question of how smart both pokemon are, i suppose. If either is smarter, they'd win this battle. Armor vs. Speed becomes a game of wits pretty easy if i'm correct.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I stopped reading when you said Garchomp can fly

tell me by what magics can he gain lift off the ground?

Top Bottom