• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well no one said a win would be pretty. I also am aware of DK's rage; I did support him in the Snake MU. But regardless, I don't buy the "he shoots flames so DK runs in towards him". I doubt he's willing to run into a flamethrower.

@ REL

I'm not gonna argue who has more of an effective rage. However, if there is a threat to his life, wouldn't DK run from the flames? I mean, would you run into a flamethrower on purpose? There is no logic in that.

Edit #2.
In that minute DK is running from Zard due to being burned. He'll come back just not in a min. And all he needs is a decent blast to intimidate DK enough to back off; he doesn't have to go gun ho on the first blast.

REL38

Smash Lord
Everything in life ain't free Payas >:0

We all gotta make sacrifices so I suggest you do the same.

Baaah!

@Nova (i got it right this time :p)
Once DK starts to approach, Charizard will shoot out a blast. That blast requires that he wait maybe a minute before being able to shoot another blast.

Guess what happens during that minute :/

JOE!

Smash Hero
im not saying **** anymore until people friggen PKM me to end it, everyone keeps complaining i end MUs too fast nowadays :p

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Both are highly intelligent creatures. The gorilla will see a pattern in Char's attacks and adapt accordingly.

But I doubt that will happen. Both are testosterone-poisoned Alpha males that will stop at nothing to kill each other in a confrontation.

They will both rush-in and crash and kill and maim and fatality and ughaa and OH **** and argh and can't let you do that and lets fight like gentleMANBEASTS ROAAAAAAR.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Charizard cannot produce fire at such a humongous level, seriously? 1.200C? Charizard's skin/mouth/organs would melt just because of such a heat. Its in fact Impossible In Real Life
IIRL
for him to breath just a fire :O.

I give it a max of, hum, 200C of else his internal organs would just suffer such a damage that he would die instanteneously.
lol

The flame wouldn't be produced internally, the gas (the fuel) would and it would be sparked at the mouth, but it would need to be expelled at great force.

Flamethrowers would not be able to function without this fact for example.

Zelda has an old-school longbow.
You're missing the point, a half-draw mainly loses speed and accuracy because of loss of lbf, but Zelda's half-draw is equivilent to the full draw of a modern longbow, so the loss will not be an issue.

Charizard is a sorry excuse for a Dragoon. He only has bite as a means of conventional attack.

Adumb's got nothin' on DK. Even he can't make Charizard worthwhile.

btw
Read mah edit *~*
Lol, no plans to. I'm bad at debating, just good at picking the right sides and tenacious when I know I'm right.

Hadn't picked a side at that point (just tossing out stuff, which I commonly do before I pick a side), after checking out the docu-drama, I'm gonna agree, charizard's not really viable here.

He can make fire, but he simply doesn't have the insulation in his mouth to use flames that would kill fast enough.

Edit: Actually I did think of something we need to consider, vegitation, is the most neutral stage gonna have enough vegitation for charizard to win by creating a wildfire?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I see you dislike Toc. Why do you dislike Toc? You shouldn't dislike Toc. Toc is your friend, you shouldn't dislike him. Because your friend is Toc and you must not dislike him.

Anyway, the point still stands. The arrow loses the speed that made it hax-awesome, actually giving Wario a chance.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
At least the vid accomplished something...Just not the something I was optimistically hoping for. *sigh*

Of course there is too much fiction Toca, what else can you expect from a mythical creature? That faux documentary was done by the seat of the writer's pants the entire way, with statistical calculation of a sort to try and back it up and make it appear plausible.

I only brought it up because I thought it might end up giving Char some sort of equilibrium on DK so that match up would be more interesting and less one sided, like Falco vs C.Falcon.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Readt that edit.

Jungles are extremely humid. Forest fires are out of the question. Been there. ****'s like taking a bath.

And Beren. you sank him more. Thanks a lot.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I see you dislike Toc. Why do you dislike Toc? You shouldn't dislike Toc. Toc is your friend, you shouldn't dislike him. Because your friend is Toc and you must not dislike him.

Anyway, the point still stands. The arrow loses the speed that made it hax-awesome, actually giving Wario a chance.
60 lbf is still means hax-awesome speed dude, wario has no chance.

Incidentally, again, you've provided some circumstantial evidence, but on the other hand I've provided a great deal of direct information on muscle training and how it works to support my point, you never proved that she can't full-draw, especially considering the average human male can bench-press that.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
60 lbf is still means hax-awesome speed dude, wario has no chance.

Incidentally, again, you've provided some circumstantial evidence, but on the other hand I've provided a great deal of direct information on muscle training and how it works to support my point, you never proved that she can't full-draw, especially considering the average human male can bench-press that.
I'll leave this for tomorrow.

REL38

Smash Lord
well, DK is in the jungle.....
Whaaa?

I thought this was a nuetral stage :/

Not entirely fair nor good as it opens more variables to consider which equals more effort.

@Nova
If his first burst hits, it'll only momentarily stun him and maybe provoke some minor burns. But as Payas said, they're both alpha males that'll focus on killing each other no matter what. DK would tank those burns.

@Jungles
Been to Mayan Ruins in Guatemala. Fires might only happen during the hot and dry season.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So now its wet? Lmao...i knew jungles were humid and thought because of the humidity that rain fell frequently. didn't know they were always wet.

I agree they're both males with egos to match their attitudes. But common sense does kick in as well. And you just don't go into a flamethrower. DK would try and approach another way, if anything.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Whaaa?

I thought this was a nuetral stage :/

Not entirely fair nor good as it opens more variables to consider which equals more effort.
It's generally assumed to be the most neutral stage, it's inherent in every match-up, but it only rarely becomes critical to the discussion, and that's when we bring it up.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
bfore we go on, seeing as we're on "t3h ph1r3", what about Bowser?
Same thing as Char. He can shoot flames but it will harm him more than the opponent.

But at least he has herculean strenght, endurance, size, protection and what-not going for him, so he is still a candidate for the deadliest brawler.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
It is the inside of the mouth what matters. He lacks protection there.

But you shouldn't worry. Bowser will win this **** anyway.

JOE!

Smash Hero

it seems as if he has massive gums in there, as well as a big belly for storing more (fuel).

He could be more ffective at the "burst fires" than zard anyways <.<

but yeah, nobodies gonna do streams of fire any time soon.

new MU shortly

JOE!

Smash Hero
on another note, i believe it may be time to strike off some fighters...

:squirtle:, :pichu:, :kirby: and :jigglypuff: all dont seem to have much going for them this round, seeing as they cannot fight each other again, and everyone else will beat them :urg:

@paya:

because he has ragnel vs tiny thingies :p

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well...the outcome depends on whether Olimar can poison Ike or not.

Otherwise, the only pikmen Ike should worry about its the reds because of their pointy noses and perphaps the purples, but that's a far off possibility because they would not have the same strenght they have in their games.

Everything else lack the body parts to damage Ike.

REL38

Smash Lord
The whites poison could prove much mote useful in this MU and even live up to being "kamakaze" units.

When Ike slashes a White Pikmin, it'll release a cloud of deadly poison. That's going to potentially kill Ike right then and there.

Ike won't have prior knowledge of the White's poison so he'll slash at one without knowing that he's sealing his own fate. It only takes one White to accomplish this.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Paya, did you see what happened in the first oli match?

we proved that the whites slowly emit poison <.<

UncleSam

Smash Master
*takes out mechete*
where the **** is olimar!
his head is mine.

I must avenge the IC's in the Oli vs. IC's.
that **** was wrong. I know too much about pikmin.

The only reason the whole 'emitting' poison thing showed up was because of that video. The poison only takes effect when they are eaten.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
CHARIZARD, I'VE FAILED YOU!

lol....thts how it goes when you stand alone in a MU (and you're not paya or adum)

@ MU:
Do the pikmin have element effects? I remember they are resistant to certain elements but I never thought to ask if they can use elements to attack (I don't think so personally). If my assumption is correct, I think Ike pulls through with this one.

UncleSam

Smash Master
CHARIZARD, I'VE FAILED YOU!
nice job.
anyway as for elements:
Red: immune to fire.
yellow: immune to electricity
blue: don't drown in water.
purple: very strong and heavy.
white: immune to a certain poison. people die by their poisons upon ingestion.

Memorable_Random_Guy

Smash Journeyman
nice job.
anyway as for elements:
Red: immune to fire.
yellow: immune to electricity
blue: don't drown in water.
purple: very strong and heavy.
white: immune to a certain poison. people die by their poisons upon ingestion.
Olimar is screwed.

Yup, I said it. I don't see him defeating the one man army without the poison helping him. Ike will muscle past Olimar's pikmins and cleave him in half.

REL38

Smash Lord
The little cutscene when you find them shows one breathing out poison fumes. That shows the ability to do so.

The fact that they're part animal can justify toxic emmisions. They probably breathe toxic fumes via some form of evolution.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Isn't Olimar two inches high(for real not guessing)?
Cuz then Ike can't hit him.

REL38

Smash Lord
Just because said abilities were not displayed during actual gameplay does not mean they can be ruled out entirely.

It's a simple RTS. Implementing gas usage in game would have been entirely useless as all enemies were imune to breathing poison, but subjective to digested poison.

Yeah.

Top Bottom