• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
i know someone Samus cant beat, Yoshi!

Yoshi: a Dinosaur.... thats it.

Samus: Futuristic Bad*** bounty hunter with weapons and armor.

but why cant samus win? because no one can shoot a target that is logically dead! Yoshi, like all other dinosaurs, shouldve, and most likely did, die from a meteor/volcano/earthquake over 9000 years ago, so how can he participate in a fight over 9000 years later? HE CANT!

Samus must therefore wait at the fighting area for an opponent that she cant kill, simply becausehe it is already died, and since there is no way samus initiated that actions that killed yoshi (it was most likely lucas and his starstorm), it should be considered a draw, if not, A major loss for Samus's pride and intelligence, coming to fight something that died over 9000 years ago!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
i know someone Samus cant beat, Yoshi!

Yoshi: a Dinosaur.... thats it.

Samus: Futuristic Bad*** bounty hunter with weapons and armor.

but why cant samus win? because no one can shoot a target that is logically dead! Yoshi, like all other dinosaurs, shouldve, and most likely did, die from a meteor/volcano/earthquake over 9000 years ago, so how can he participate in a fight over 9000 years later? HE CANT!

Samus must therefore wait at the fighting area for an opponent that she cant kill, simply becausehe it is already died, and since there is no way samus initiated that actions that killed yoshi (it was most likely lucas and his starstorm), it should be considered a draw, if not, A major loss for Samus's pride and intelligence, coming to fight something that died over 9000 years ago!

LOLWut?
The 9000 joke failed...And Yoshi is alive...otherwise Samus is dead as well.

And what is w/ the MUs? This angers me...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I propose we make the list based on purely MU ratios

MU ratios solve every problem in life
Trufax

Snake would be 2nd best
weaponry is extremely expansive.
A bullet kills everyone here.

Bowser wants to be third

I disagree. Ratios just show the potnetial in some aspects. Plus they don't solve problems in life lol.

Ratios won't move my car.
Ratios won't feed me.
Ratios won't let me catch Kakarot.

Now tiers become more definite. I guess I should just calclulate which MUs need to be discussed and work from there.

Spamzfair

Smash Cadet
Snake wins..hands down..and who ever said foxs laser gun was a one hit kill laser would mean energy..so erm..snake hits you with grenade..its super effective. This is of course my opinion.

Samus is also up there.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I propose we make the list based on purely MU ratios

MU ratios solve every problem in life
Trufax

Snake would be 2nd best
weaponry is extremely expansive.
A bullet kills everyone here.

Bowser wants to be third
A bullet won't kill Samus right away.
however an electrolaser will lol

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
In labs, they have managed to make light slow down in in a camber of highly compressed gas. This is because photons hit the particles, and are refracted and bent. If it is possible to slow down light in that manner, a simplified version could utilize the same concept to make a Laser gun possible in the way it is shown in movies.

...However, like every theoretical thing, there are problems with it, such as that slowing light down makes it lose energy, thusly, if Light were slowed down to the speed of a bullet for example, without being re-energized by anything, what would happen as soon as it left the compressed gas chamber in the barrel? It would definitely have some kind of force, but it would likely be greatly diminished.

So what do we say to that? The Electrolaser has been proposed, and it works, yet not everyone has that weapon. So what then?

UncleSam

Smash Master
In labs, they have managed to make light slow down in in a camber of highly compressed gas. This is because photons hit the particles, and are refracted and bent. If it is possible to slow down light in that manner, a simplified version could utilize the same concept to make a Laser gun possible in the way it is shown in movies.

...However, like every theoretical thing, there are problems with it, such as that slowing light down makes it lose energy, thusly, if Light were slowed down to the speed of a bullet for example, without being re-energized by anything, what would happen as soon as it left the compressed gas chamber in the barrel? It would definitely have some kind of force, but it would likely be greatly diminished.
why would you want to go through all that effort tho?

So what do we say to that? The Electrolaser has been proposed, and it works, yet not everyone has that weapon. So what then?
then it sucks to be the people who don't have it.

*looks at the SSBB tier list* boy didi I pick the right LoZ character to main.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ SpamsFair:
Samus is the deadliest. Snake IMO is top 5, but not the deadliest.

@Nerd With An Afro:
Lol. You should help with these MUs since no1 else really is.

@JOE!:
You should change the OP to the character themselves. For Ex. Tier List (Samus). The way we have it now lacks organization and we're getting no where.

EDIT:
@ MUs
So it's decided that :samus: loses to no one. So I think that makes her 37-0
So for Link IMO he loses to:
:fox: :zerosuitsamus: :snake: and :bowser2:
SO his record would be 33-4.
Objections?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Hmm...Falco could aim but he has to setup, so I gave Link that one since it's a one shot deal.

Wolf, Link could just pester him with arrows and bombs at a distance. Rockets don't reach that far I believe.

And even ZSS was iffy to me, but I remember how fast she can run so I gave her benefit of doubt,

But if he lost to both, I'd understand.

JOE!

Smash Hero
actually...theres one trump card Link has vs ZSS that eliminates teh speed advantage, and what Aboriginees used to hunt marsupials that were much faster than ZSS:

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Lol. SO we give ZSS that win?
US is gonna be pissed.
And Falco and Wolf lose as well?
I think I'll start to make a chart as well for all of these things too.

UncleSam

Smash Master
actually...theres one trump card Link has vs ZSS that eliminates teh speed advantage, and what Aboriginees used to hunt marsupials that were much faster than ZSS:

I have a boomerang that looks EXACTLY like that.
I'm srs.

and I want to see a boomerang outspeed light.
vids pl0x

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Guess what?

I have both bBrawl and Brawl+ (Non-Homebrew Version) now.

If only obtaining the needed things to download further stuff were possible for me (I used a neighbor's Laptop to do it).

Would local Libraries have SD Card capable computers?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'm srs.

vids pl0x
How much reach does ZSS's electrolaser have? I was thinking about 12 ft but I never looked it up either. And I figured Link would camp and shoot. And I thought you had swords?
Adum does lol...

Guess what?

I have both bBrawl and Brawl+ (Non-Homebrew Version) now.

If only obtaining the needed things to download further stuff were possible for me (I used a neighbor's Laptop to do it).

Would local Libraries have SD Card capable computers?

They may. I haven't been to a library in a while though, so don't take my word for it.
And how did you get Brawl+ w/o HB?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
How much reach does ZSS's electrolaser have? I was thinking about 12 ft but I never looked it up either. And I figured Link would camp and shoot. And I thought you had swords?
Adum does lol...

They may. I haven't been to a library in a while though, so don't take my word for it.
And how did you get Brawl+ w/o HB?
You don't know? It can be done without the HBC now.

Bionic Sonic told me using textures should be possible since there is no difference except for the upload method.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'm srs.

vids pl0x
<.<
This is one of those moment in life when Sam makes a mistake like this....
and Imah take full advantage of it.

*faceshelf*

He's talking about her foot speed, not the speed of her projectile...

UncleSam

Smash Master
<.<
This is one of those moment in life when Sam makes a mistake like this....
and Imah take full advantage of it.

*faceshelf*

He's talking about her foot speed, not the speed of her projectile...
hence the point I'm trying to make, foot speed doesn't matter when you have a weapon that fires a lethal projectile almost at the speed of light.
and I knew you were talking about foot speed I just had to point out that it changes nothing.

Sieguest

Smash Master
hence the point I'm trying to make, foot speed doesn't matter when you have a weapon that fires a lethal projectile almost at the speed of light.
and I knew you were talking about foot speed I just had to point out that it changes nothing.
Ah, I see, carry on then.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So do we all agree that :link2: loses to :bowser2: :zerosuitsamus: :samus2: :fox: :snake: ?

And who wins between him and :falco: :wolf: ?

IMO I think Link beats Falco but Wolf I'm not too sure of; it could go either way really.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well they don't all have the same gun, so I was under that assumption that he has the sniper and the blaster pistol. Wolf has his blaster and rocket launcher. Unless you have something else to give them, this is what I'm going off of.

JOE!

Smash Hero
actually. if they have their blasters what is the point of them having other weaponary?

Fox has mega-rapid fire,. falco has range, and Wolf's OHKO's if it hits you essentially anywhere

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well Fox maybe not, but Falco needs CQC protection and a sniper rifle fails at doing so. Wolf has a bayonet on his gun so it could have the same purpose. But against Link, I had arrows being more effective due to Falco having to set up. Wolf IDK like I said earlier.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So what would be plausible then? Could they have both a blaster and an assault weapon? And would they beat Link?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Wolf I'd imagine would be proficiant in melee combat with his background, and Fox as well sinc ehe is a top tier maylay character (had to do it...)

as for lazers, think Hero's shield could stand up?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I doubt it, Falco's never used a melee weapon.
And the only time Fox ever had a melee weapon was in StarFox Adventures. And he just had a staff.
But Falco could keep a pistol on him. It would be his default weapon. The sniper rifle or whatever he has would be his main weapon.

Maybe, I would just think they could laser him to death >.> but Iunno.
Possibly. Link hasn't faced anyone with advanced tech, so IDK either.

Wolf I'd imagine would be proficiant in melee combat with his background, and Fox as well sinc ehe is a top tier maylay character (had to do it...)

as for lazers, think Hero's shield could stand up?
Wolf has claws for a reason. And he also can bite (lol). So I don't question his CQC skills either. And now that I think about it, Wolf should probably beat Link based on weaponary, speed, and the ability to zone Link. It's Falco that I don't know about. I'd say Link wins if he keeps only the blaster and rifle, since his bones are so weak. Olimayweathers and Yoshi jaws could cripple Falco's bones (lol).

Me thinks sheild withstands them. But Link can't retilate with an arrow
, so he's forced to use his sword, boomerang, or bomb. But this is only my opinion. ;)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sword/shield > claws, but there's one thing you guys gotta keep one thing in mind, Link always begins the game as a kid with pretty much NO fighting experience, and no reason to suppose he does, whereas Wolf, Fox, and Falco all have backgrounds that would suggest considerable HtH combat training, so in melee this might be more even then one would suppose.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
well, sword is still >>>>>> Claws and Beaks, etc...
True...but they also have guns. Don't bring a sword to a gun fight.

Sword/shield > claws, but there's one thing you guys gotta keep one thing in mind, Link always begins the game as a kid with pretty much NO fighting experience, and no reason to suppose he does, whereas Wolf, Fox, and Falco all have backgrounds that would suggest considerable HtH combat training, so in melee this might be more even then one would suppose.
Not with the experience again. We're using adult Link, and whereas they would have some CQC, they're more or less trained to fly, hence the name pilots. So it becomes less of CQC and more of a weapon thing (TDB = weapons>>>>>.......>>>melee). I can't think of a plausible scenario where they would both be restricted to CQC so the main focus should be on the weapons.

Top Bottom