• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Brawl

Suic

Smash Cadet
I am looking to be good competitively as a team with one of my friends and was wondering what you better brawl players had to say about teams that compliment each other. I enjoy playing Sonic, Marth, Fox, Zamus, Metaknight, and I could get used to PT, YLink, and Wolf. As you can see I'm pretty open. My friend really enjoys G&W, but really I just want to hear everyone's opinion and stuff to back up that opinion as well, regardless of what characters. I suppose that this can just be a general discussion for everyone to throw ideas back and forth about competitive team play.

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
When my brother and I play as a team, I'm pika and he's Snake. A strategy I really like is when he plants a sticky bomb on me, and I run over and plant it on my opponent. It'll kill the opponent if their damage is high enough.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Get one person that can camp (Snake, Toon Link, Pit) and another player that has some up front force. My ideal team would be Toon Link and Ike.

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
People who work well together? If someone's good at racking up damage but lacks kill moves, pair em up with someone who can kill.

Ike - Metaknight. Not only does that work, but Metaknight is harder to kill than Ike, and can usually recover from anything, so can go off, and hit Ike back onto the stage or something.

Got a large character who has a problem with faster characters? Go for a small faster character.

Bowser - Pika. Both have decent kill moves, and Pika can get out of the way anything bowser will be doing without getting hit, while distracting opponents to get hit by it. Or simply knock them into it, whatever.

If your friend insists on playing GaW, perhaps a person who could support with projectiles to make it so they can't get away from his attacks? GaW has great kill moves, but if the person knows they're coming it's a bit harder to pull off.

My conclusion... Try playing Pit. Awesome projetiles **(Which I believe can fill up his bucket)**, and even better if you can control them well, a reflector which is helpful against other campers, and you pretty much do not die, so you can be a stock bank under most circumstances.

Suic

Smash Cadet
thanks for the info guys...especially you Timat the Slayer. I'll give pit along with a few others that have projectiles a try as my friend is a big fan of G/W and he is the only one of my close friends that I will be able to consistently play and practice with. Feel free to keep up the discussion and debate about the best teams as i think it is a pretty interesting debate if the more technical aspects are gotten into.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Ike + Pit

Pit easily racks up damage on enemies and has good recovery. Not to mention he has a projectile where Ike has none. Consequently it works pretty well as Pit can build up the enemies for Ike to get in easy KOs. Been a lot of good uses for sideb of Pit trapping an enemy just long enough for Ike to at least partially charge a smash.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Meta is good on teams in my opinion because alone he is a good, strong character, but added with his ability to help a teammate recover and quickly get back and forth on the level to help start/stop combos is also great. I think if you have a Meta + anyone you will have an OK at least team.

triforce1313

Smash Rookie
I think Pit an Ike would make a great team. Pit is good at rcking up damage and Ike has amazing strength to KO the enemy.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Best Supprt Characters
Pikachu
ROB
Meta Knight
Pit

Best KO-ers
Ike
DK
Zelda
Wolf

All of these guys were at the top of last week's tournament. My team actually took first with ROB (me) and Zelda.

Zelda is a beast in 2v2. Her projectile is very easy to control (side B) and her moves do a ton of damage. ROB's moves are great for stunning opponents and his insane recovery allows for a good life bank.

Top Bottom