• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Buff Presents Low Tier Doubles Xtravaganza in Riverside 5/19/07

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Date:
May 19, 2007

Riverside Ca, 92506

Price:
Singles Tournament: $5.00
Doubles Tournament: $10.00 per team
Low Tier Teams: $10.00 per team
Entry Fee : $5.00 for Venue

Contact Information:
AIM Screen name: Coolyoungster1
E-Mail Adress: Coolyoungster1@msn.com

Schedule:
9:00 AM PST - Warm-Up Session/Registration
11:00 AM PST- Doubles Tournament
??? - (Depends on duration of Doubles Tournament) - Singles Tournament

Rules:

Singles:
4 Stock
8 Minute Time Limit
Items Off
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
Double Elimination, there will be a losers bracket
Ties will be determined by lowest percentage

Doubles:
4 Stock
8 Minuted time limit
Friendly Fire On
Life Stealing Allowed
Items Off
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
Double Elimination, there will be a losers bracket

Random Stages for Singles
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Random Stages for Doubles
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Rainbow Cruise
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
DK64

Banned Stages for Singles
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Fourside
Hyrule Temple
Flatzone
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Peach's Castle
Kongo Jungle
Onett
Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom 2

Banned Stages for Doubles
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Fourside
Hyrule Temple
Flatzone
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Big Blue
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Venom
Yoshi's Island 64
Peach's Castle
Kongo Jungle
Onett
Fountain of Dreams
Mute City

Additional Stage Rules

1. First Stage is chosen at random from the levels on the random list.
2. The loser of a match has the choice to select the next Stage as long as it's not on the banned list.
3. After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
4.For the first game of a match, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Controllers
1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Additional Rules

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Extra Information

1. Any additional Gamecubes (with Super Smash Bros Melee) and/or televisions will help out a lot. So if you can bring any of them, they would help us out a lot.
2. Super Smash Brothers Melee entry is $5 per person and $10 per team.

Low Tier List

Donkey Kong
Roy
Zelda
Young Link
Pikachu
Mr. Game & Watch
Yoshi
Bowser
Ness
Pichu
Mewtwo
Kirby

Prizes

Singles:
First Place: 60% of entry money
Second Place: 30% of entry money
Third Place: 10% of entry money

Doubles:

Low Tier Doubles:

nublet06

Smash Lord
or how about you dont do i at all. lol it lags tournaments soooo bad. a bunch of people playing with characters that they suck with. low tier should be 3 stocks, and yoshis story only. im not going anyway tho so keep it if you want it :p

nublet06

Smash Lord
tell them to do it this weekend so forward can go. lol. i feel bad i was trying to get something together cause he said he was coming to socal on the 12th.....but im busy and cant do anything. plus socal is always gay for housing.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
this is at the furniture store right? also NK you're coming back to socal again....norcal is really on the move as of late.

$ick

Smash Lord
I'll be there, if it's this weekend or the date set right now. Low tier doubles would be ok I guess... Not too excited about it, I think low tier singles would be better than doubles.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This weekend - no go for me probably.

Next weekend - Sounds coolios :p

romeo619

Smash Ace
da fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk??

forward asked if there was gonna be a triwekly so we're tryin to set it up.

iunno if forward can make it to both meng

Chuuk

Smash Cadet
get rid of luigi and link on low tier
Luigi and Link stay in low tier

tell them to do it this weekend so forward can go. lol. i feel bad i was trying to get something together cause he said he was coming to socal on the 12th.....but im busy and cant do anything. plus socal is always gay for housing.
Date might change.Not sure yet.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Ok the 19th it is.
Btw how many people are going to this tounament???
Hope its less then 50..........

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I can't go to this. I'm going to be spending time with a certain someone ;)

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
50 randoms? That means I can place well, which makes me feel better about myself.

Ill try to come to this

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
>_< no luigi in low tier T_T
u break my heart LUIGI...
but this tourney will be too good =D...as long as luigis car isnt low tier then it should be cool =P
im praying to god that i dont have anything to do this weekend cuz...riverside is close enough >_>
LMAO...go ryan >_>

Lit

Smash Ace
this tourney seems pretty cool.. me and the rest of s.u.n will be up there... i hope at least

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
It all depends how much confidence I have in my car that day. Originally that is one of the reasons why I wanted to quit. (Secretly it was also because I wanted to spend more time with my girl) But I just dumped my b***h last week so that's why I'm still showing interest in the tournaments. Low-tier doubles? It's hard to resist.

Lit

Smash Ace
no ryan or luigi...lame. i might not go then

Deor its "San Bernardino"

GOOO dont listen to Zenith <.< I need a good team partner if i go =)
so it really doesnt matter u actin like thats far... dont trip i do have my ways on going places J.... and another thing is learn how to spell my name right if u are going to say it chump....:mad: :mad:

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
****, luigi and ryan are legends in SB county
i guess i get no love around these parts anymore
Who says you aren't legendary. People used to tell me that araknophobik was the biggest trash talker that couldn't back it up with skill LONG before I knew who Luigi and Ryan the boy were.

Top Bottom