• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2: Highlander {Availability/Scheduling}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I think any brokenness will be patched by then. I don't really see any of the new items having that issue, though.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda unfair for the people unwilling to buy keys for pay like 2 refined+ for the new weapons.

I'd prefer if they were banned until they were craftable/droppable for a while but woulodnt be hugely bothered if they were allowed.

D

Deleted member

they'll drop like a brick to 1ref by tomorrow though. I also don't see any of them really getting used outside of the engie weapons

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The whole point of highlander is to allow basically everything anyways.

Enforcer + Dead Ringer is just stupid, that's all.

Also I can likely do the 23rd.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I think any brokenness will be patched by then. I don't really see any of the new items having that issue, though.
There's the spycicle, which has silent kill, can still desguise, and can prevent spychecks from working.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Silent Kill is sort of meh considering that the statue makes it pretty ****ing obvious.

Also, as long as it's not too loud in an area, you can actually hear the sound of the Spycicle melting as a Pyro. Just switch to the shotgun after that and take care of the Spy.

D

Deleted member

you may miss the spy check but he's only fireproof for 2 seconds, and does not have a knife for 15. it's good by not ban worthy

John2k4

The End of an Era
I prefer the Saharan Spy set...since you can go silent Dead Ringer. :)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Enforcer doesn't save you if there's any more than the Pyro lurking around.

In 1v1, Spycicle can probably take down Pyro more consistently. In a team environment, you get blown the **** up by a soldier or something as soon as you try to turn around and shoot the Pyro.

In a regular situation, you dodge a spycheck, hope the Pyro doesn't notice, stay in the back for 15 seconds (maybe with Cloak and Dagger?) and try again. You also get ****ed if you end up Jarated, Milked, or anything else that's a spycheck.

Good knife? Absolutely. Has drawbacks that you have to play around like every other knife? Absolutely.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Spycicle? I only know about the new pyro and engi stuff from that web page. I have actually played since the update.

And yeah, the sahara set is probably the best set but when you use deadringer, it's the only set bonus hat that I actually went through the effort of obtaining, but as tery said it won't be allowed in the highlander.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Here's basically what the Spycicle entails:

- On backstab, victim turns into an ice sculpture (Think saxxy)
- When hit by flamethrower with the Spycicle equipped, you become invulnerable to fire for 2 seconds and Spycicle melts for 15 seconds.

What this means is if you get spychecked by a Pyro or are cloaked and get flamed, you won't light on fire unless the Pyro keeps hitting you for more than 2 seconds.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Right, but the spycheck is still obvious cause it will still do damage and/or make the sound of fire hitting a target rather than the fire phasing through a teammate, right? Also, what about the flare gun?

And what downsides does it have, besides the knife melting for 15 seconds? Does it only melt if you're lit on fire (as in 2+ seconds) or immediately?

Edit:
Is 4 questions enough?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It melts when you have it out actively and with afterburn (which activates the moment you're lit on fire anyway).

But no, the spycheck is not obvious. When you hit a disguised Spy, it will not play the little "ding" noise even if you have that option disabled which is so that you, obviously, can't spam a room mindlessly sound whoring for dings.

So, if you spycheck a disguised spy as a Pyro, he will not catch on fire and it will not play any dings.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Eh, it's still kinda relevant because there is some debate as to whether to make it illegal or not. So it would help if everyone knew exactly what it did.

But I'll keep it in the TF2 thread.

D

Deleted member

I'm free tonight, but this'll be my last night available until Wednesday, if there's any last-minute changes.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'll try and do that. My mom wants to take me out to dinner tonight and she's out of work at 5:30, so hopefully I'll be back. I'll tell her I need to be home for 7.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
might not be able to make it.

My dad's coming home, and then we're having dinner. if he comes home around 6:30 or other times around that, I probably won't be able to make it

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
That was awesome. Too bad the most we had was about 6v7. The competitive format games were fun though.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
It's not too late to change, you can always reconsider your class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom