• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah I know the black box and stuff are in high demand, but I got the cowmangler and a 2nd battalions backup by trading a winger and detonator. Crafted the bison myself. I still got the black box kit, which gives you 20% more resistance to sentries. Because of that, soldier is my main sentry buster along with spy.

While I was playing yesterday, I saw a dead sniper attached to the wall via an arrow through his ****. That had to hurt.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I do like scout yelling out 'I got it, i got it!' before it fell.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So why the hell does the Meet The Medic taunt go for MUCH MORE than it would if you just bought it in the store? Like 3-4 keys for a taunt that's worth 2$ in the Mann Co store seems like a rip off

Also I got every achievement today :awesome:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You can gift it to others though

I can't understand it though, meet te medic is only 2$ in the store and the only way to trade it is dirty, so how it's 3 keys worth is beyond. At most it should be about 4 refined

:phone:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Dirty is always worth less, though. If you can't liquidate it easily, it should be worth less. If you think it's worth too much either sell the ones you get, or don't try to buy it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I know, it's just insane how how a taunt goes for over 3 times it's actual worth even though it's dirty and cheap in the store. I've been in like 5 trades already trying to get that taunt, and they all keep asking me for at least 3 keys.

Oh well, I'll just buy the taunt instead. And I can't decide what to buy. I can't decide if I want to get Brink for the Anger, or if I want to get Quake for the Original :c

EDIT:

And I'm also for some reason really starting to feel REALLY proud of my bag. I have no idea why, but whenever I look at it I feel proud of myself over the collection of hats and weapons I've gathered up. Like for the first time there's seriously nothing in my bag I want to trade off :/

Also, I'm starting to REALLY like Demo. Not because of the grenade launcher he has (I actually really ****ing hate it), but because of the Chargin Targe/Eyelander combo. It's really fun to play, and I love wreaking havoc on people when I finally manage to get about 2-3 kills with it lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You can gift it to others though

I can't understand it though, meet te medic is only 2$ in the store and the only way to trade it is dirty, so how it's 3 keys worth is beyond. At most it should be about 4 refined

You've overlooking the fact that not everyone can/wants to spend money at the store. Some people, the only way they'll get it is via metal, and people know that.

shanus

Smash Hero
so i just started playing this about 1-2 wks ago, acct name: mulligstein

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I use my turtlebeaches and they really help with knowing where everybody is through their footsteps. While I don't use the mic as often, I used it at least once and it was decent enough I guess

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Ok, so I've always said that Seth Gold from the show Hardcore Pawn looks like the scout.

So does he look like the scout or does he look like the scout?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Neither. With all those watches he's clearly a spy disguised as a scout.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
LOOOOOLLL.

Good catch :troll:

A friend says that he looks like the scout if he were older. I think I agree. There's not that many pictures of the guy and settled with this one.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Do you get haunted metal scrap anymore for getting the "Gored!" achievement?

EDIT: right after I posted this, I got unusual haunted metal scrap for the "Gored!" achievement XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I wanna craft something with my haunted metal so bad, but I'm afraid if this Halloween theyll make it so you can make more stuff with that metal so I'm being patient :/

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Good point. I was thinking of using the metal to craft the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker but I'll just wait until halloween. Is the promo time when it is halloween (31st), or all the month of October? I'd like to wear my Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head hat.

EDIT: Looks like this page says "October 27th thru November 8th"

Oh, it looks like the page is outdated too. I'm guessing it's along the same time since the previous Halloween promo was October 29th thru November 9th.

D

Deleted member

you can either craft either hat or the HHHH now. I would find it unlikely if you would have to stick to your haunted scrap metal for so long (as in up to a year). I think valve will just come up with something new

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I dunno, there's always the possibility of that happening and if anything doesn't happen this halloween that enables me to do more with my haunted metal scrap, then I'll just craft something new

Might as well make even more valuable items using old promos and new promos right?

D

Deleted member

you cant even trade them so there is no "value" attached to them

M@v

Subarashii!
I need a good mic and/or headset. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for quality here.
I use the logitech G35.

Its about $100 depending where you get them.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/5095

Just as a headsup, these headphones have their own sound card, so it will sound the same regardless what computer you have them on. Don't go buying a really good soundcard then buy these. There's no point.

I recommend any computer peripheral you get should be logitech. My keyboard/mouse/headset/joystick are all logitech, and all my previous peripheral equipment has been logitech as well. Some of their cheaper stuff(~under 30 bucks) usually doesn't last very long, but anything good from them is awesome.

/logitech meat riding.

As an alternative, I know Razer has a gaming headphone/mic combo that goes for around $80, but I never used it so I cant help ya there.

M@v

Subarashii!
I use mouse/keyboard, as everyone should with PC gaming. Got a g500 gaming mouse, although they have newer ones now. My keyboard isn't a g series, but its a slim-style light up one that's still high quality. It just doesn't have any of the extra game features, such as macro buttons, you would find on a g series keyboard.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Playing with a mouse and keyboard is incredibly uncomfortable for me. I've contemplated on switching to a 360 controller but it's not so good lol. I need to buy some gel filled mouse pads for wrist support .-.

M@v

Subarashii!
So I'm on 2fort, taking the standard sniper post on the second level. Going back and forth with this 1 sniper because I'm using the regular sniper rifle. I was mainly focusing on everyone else. But the sniper kept coming back, so I decide to focus on him and switch to my counter sniper kit(The old snaggletooh no head shots kit). I dominate him and he rages on the mic until the game ends a couple minutes later.

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

•Col•

Smash Champion
I use a 360 controller to play TF2. There's a really nice command that Valve put in to have a nice control setup for it.

To be fair though, my most played classes are Pyro, Engineer, Spy, and Demoknight.... So having precise aiming isn't really a big deal for me. <.<

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, I got the new promotional items and I managed to get a Genuine Anger for 3 refined today.

People honestly need to learn how to trade. Whatever, more stuff for me and what not

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I got a triple headshot with the new rifle yesterday. I love everything about it.

Top Bottom