• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Tery, Bionic, Morino, Rei and I are all already wearing 「SWF」 lol

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So that's a relative majority from our starters: John, Krynxe, Bionic, Morino, and myself. +Rei too so I think we'll roll with that. Krynxe, Bionic, and myself will tag at the end to signify captains.

Is anyone insanely TF2 rich? We could get the team matching unusual effects because HOLY **** that would be amazing.

4:01 PM - › Krynxe.「SWF」: Dude, like
4:01 PM - › Krynxe.「SWF」: team hearts
4:01 PM - › Krynxe.「SWF」: everyone with circling heart unusual
4:01 PM - Terywj「SWF」: GOOD LORD.
4:01 PM - › Krynxe.「SWF」: That would be the best thing

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
^ the more the better

I'm getting an unusual hat for my birthday (Sept 4th), maybe

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Currently we have 5 members on reserve. Krynxe had a friend who was interested in backing up, too, so including you will be 7 total reserves. UGC Highlander ruleset has team limits of 18 players so we can take two more after you. I'll add that to the OP.

Add me on Steam if you're interested, PNALeek. I'll invite you to the team page once you do so.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I derped and completely forgot that UGC Silver exists, and Silver is the division under Platinum and above Steel. Thoughts on this? Generally, we'll take a look at how we do in some scrimms and decide from there but just letting everyone know lol.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I don't really have any idea what the rest of the team is capable of outside the captains

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Which is why we'll run through some scrimms once I'm back and see where we stand as a team and such.

I'd generally want us to play the higher division since (a) it's not so much a cluster**** compared to lower divisions and (b) the independent skill of our starters - and backups! - are solid, just teamwork, advising, and experience need to be thrown into the mix, which is what I'll be aiming for. The toughest part will be figuring out which style of game we like to play, which is what the scrimms will be for.

Bionic, if it's possible, plug the Mumble server / information into the OP. I'd recommend those who do not know of / never used Mumble before get acquainted with as it's what we'll be using during scrimms and matches. Faster and more user friendly than in-game voice, Mumble also allows recording so we'd be able to review team comms if necessary.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So how do I know if a server is full of people who use a mic? One of the obstacles I have in being better is that every server I go to is silent as **** and all the chat is filled with people spamming the E button to call a Medic.

That said, how do I also connect a mic to the game? I was thinking of using the mic on the webcam that I use.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You don't tell, just go to a lot of servers until you find one.
Or join a competitive server or something.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Bionic, if it's possible, plug the Mumble server / information into the OP. I'd recommend those who do not know of / never used Mumble before get acquainted with as it's what we'll be using during scrimms and matches. Faster and more user friendly than in-game voice, Mumble also allows recording so we'd be able to review team comms if necessary.
I might just rent a Mumble + TF2 Server since I think we'll be needing it for Highlander, both based in Chicago. My host said no to opening a Mumble port. I dunno when we should start renting though.

edit: if I were to rent a TF2 + Mumble combined server, everyone would have to pay approx $8.50 (just one time, not per month), which is nice

i'll grab a cheap one from walmart today lol
That works, just make sure the microphone doesn't make it echo. :p

what effect?
dunno yet

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i got a decent logitech one on amazon

if you are a college student you can sign up for prime for free and get 2 day shipping for free

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've been trying to work a good deal on a ridiculously expensive unusual.

If everyone eventually returns them, I might be able to sell it and buy a bunch of low tier unusuals (assuming I can actually buy the unusual in the first place :<)

Assuming I can get this, could I get a list of hats people like (NO GOD TIERS PLEASE I CAN'T AFFORD THEM) and what low tier effect we would use?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I'm just putting this out there, I've been wanting the Professor Speks over a large while now but I haven't been able to meet someone who's F2P going to Premium. If any of you know anyone who's going to buy something from the store and isn't going to refer anyone in specific, I'd appreciate it if you could refer them to me or something and I'd be willing to pay for it as well

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I'm just putting this out there, I've been wanting the Professor Speks over a large while now but I haven't been able to meet someone who's F2P going to Premium. If any of you know anyone who's going to buy something from the store and isn't going to refer anyone in specific, I'd appreciate it if you could refer them to me or something and I'd be willing to pay for it as well
I thought you quit this game

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Do you guys want to keep 「SWF」 highlander exclusive or can regular plebs like myself use it?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Regarding mics - you definitely need them. Communication is critical to any form of competitive TF2 play. Don't buy a ridiculously priced one, if it works, that's all you need. Fuelbi, pubs are generally silent since half the people don't know what they're doing and the other half don't care or something. It's why I like competitive play. It's organized and everyone knows what's going on most of the time.

As far as Mumble + server, we can wait until season 8 starts, there's no need to rent one this early since we can just find people to scrimm with and use servers, etc.

I don't know which unusual effects are "high tier" and "low tier", but what is the circling heart that Krynxe brought up before ranked?

rPSI, you're free to use the tags if you wish. (Provided everyone else is okay with that, too.)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
As far as Mumble + server, we can wait until season 8 starts, there's no need to rent one this early since we can just find people to scrimm with and use servers, etc.
I wasn't saying get it now, but with a 6-month server plan, it's really cheap.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'll help you out with this dude. I plan on buying another premium account pretty soon here so I can have 2 idle accounts and my main one.

My Speks have 3 users helped, so I don't need more lol. The initial one was my brother, the second was my idle, and the 3rd was literally some random person that chose me as the person that helped him the most. I didn't even remember playing with him, but alas.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Also Bionic, let's look at getting a high slot Mumble, we'll keep in touch about this of course.

If we can pull two more reserves, we can have inter-team practices with our starters and reserves, which would be fantastic so both sides would get scrimm time. We'll work on setting up the reserve roster at a later time.

I'll make a post on the UGC forums if need be to recruit two more.

I was gonna say something else but I forgot. Welp.

John2k4

The End of an Era

If everyone eventually returns them, I might be able to sell it and buy a bunch of low tier unusuals (assuming I can actually buy the unusual in the first place :<)

Assuming I can get this, could I get a list of hats people like (NO GOD TIERS PLEASE I CAN'T AFFORD THEM) and what low tier effect we would use?
Bubbles. :bee:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I dunno if accurate, but TF2Wiki lists the following unusual effects at "low tier": Nuts & bolts, Massed flies, Green confetti, Purple confetti. Circling TF2 logo is "low / medium."

I have no idea which hats are considered "high tier", but I personally like the "Otolaryngologist's Mirror" and "Vintage Tyrolean". "German Gonzila" is neat, too.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What do you guys even consider low tier anyways maybe I can help with that? Is low tier anything like 1 refined or something like every craft hat or what?

And yes please Nday, I'd appreciate the help I can pay you back in a bit of metal or a hat if you want
:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hearts is Mid-tier, Bubbles is low tier, for what's been asked so far.

M@v

Subarashii!
Check out this source film maker vid. Best one I've seen by far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZouYNu3Z6k&feature=related

-------

I dont really like unusuals period(If I ever get one I'm selling it because of the stupidly high prices I can get for it), but if I have to, I use your worst nightmare.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
But M@v I don't think you understand how astonishingly sexy our team will look if everyone has one with the same effect. Imagine getting a match casted, too?

Top Bottom