• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Skill Retention

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
One of the most aggravating things i have encountered when training and playing this (unnecessarily) difficult game is the unlearning of tech skill, i.e. stuff simply not working any more even though it used to in the past.

Recently i thought about whether it may be possible to counteract this with spaced repetition training. It is known that memorization can be improved by precisely timing the recall/reminder of some piece of information to coincide with a specific point in time where that fact is on the verge of being forgotten. Review to early or too late and it will be a lot less effective. At first the ideal interval will be small but it will grow in length as the memory becomes more ingrained.

I have no idea whether this applies to what is commonly referred to as "muscle memory" as well but it may be worth a shot. If i have the time i'll create some Anki flashcards to see for myself.

Are there other techniques for learning tech skill which work better than plain repetition? Has anyone besides me even experienced tech skill getting worse out of nowhere?

Top Bottom