• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech_Chase wants YOU to assist in the BBR MU Chart project!

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
jealous... I am going to message the organizers of this about making the debates open once the discussions end. I would love so much to see that discussion. I would think tech chase would have video of ddd vs shielda with him having tutu to play.

:phone:

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that mostly cause shiek is better than zelda in almost every way? Doesn't tutu use zelda at least a little bit more regularly in doubles? He did at least when he visited minnesota.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Isn't that mostly cause shiek is better than zelda in almost every way? Doesn't tutu use zelda at least a little bit more regularly in doubles? He did at least when he visited minnesota.

Vs D3 , yeah Sheik does so much better vs us.

In doubles, yeah he generally used Zelda more because as he puts it "Sheik in doubles would be decent if Metaknight wasn't there and outclasses her in pretty much every way" or something along those lines lol. Plus Zelda is gay in doubles when their partner can keep them covered long enough to spam Din's lol.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Alright, Fox is done. On to the next MU! :)

Thanks man but I already found a bunch of Coney matches and a set from 4GOD. Tbh, I'm mostly just looking at American matches because I'm not as well-versed with the Japanese scene as I am with the American scene and, other than very popular top players like 9B and such, I'm not really familiar with who's 'good'. As for TC's set, I'm kinda confused. Is that Fox's tag actually "False"? Because I saw him using "NAKAT" in the match. :confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0GqWK_msU

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Lolz, I already said I was avoiding Japanese matches.

Thanks man but I already found a bunch of Coney matches and a set from 4GOD. Tbh, I'm mostly just looking at American matches because I'm not as well-versed with the Japanese scene as I am with the American scene and, other than very popular top players like 9B and such, I'm not really familiar with who's 'good'.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Lolz, I already said I was avoiding Japanese matches.
The reason that you gave for avoiding Japanese videos was your ignorance, therefore I gave you one of the only and, consequently, best videos of the MU from the Japanese scene.

You're welcome...

ZTD | TECHnology

Alright so it looks like I gotta drop Vex from the panel. Sadface. bubba, I just messaged Ish. You should be getting some instructions soon.

Hoejja

Smash Apprentice
Guys i know you are secretly working for the panels, but anything you'd share about the lucario matchup ? i have to beat one in a month so i want to be prepared :d

is the dthrow to usmash possible?

ZTD | TECHnology

I use R for Jump instead. Makes it way easier.

Also we can't openly discuss things that have been said back there. You can PM me or the others (if they want) if you want advice.

ZTD | TECHnology

Update for all you penguin folk:

The next phase of the panel has begun where we start discussing matchups with the other boards that have a different opinion than us on the ratio.

Cycle 1 includes the following:

:dedede: vs :falco: (We want a -1)
:dedede: vs :popo: (We want a -2)
:dedede: vs :toonlink: (They want a +1 for Dedede...surprised at this one)
:dedede: vs :peach: (The words of Coney echo on...we want a +1).

More updates to come later!

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that there is no push for diddy being only a -1 after all the success vs diddy players vex did at apex.

Also kinda surprised by the toon link. Aparently they have troubles with the king...

ZTD | TECHnology

We DID push for Diddy being -1.

I was the only person who argued against it until recently.

We discuss these MUs in cycles so we only do 3 or 4 at one time. We'll be fighting for -1 vs Diddy at a later date.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the Diddys agree with it being -1 as well, though. I know P-1 does, at least.

I don't think (good) TLs actually have trouble with the King, which is weird. Last time I checked, MJG solidly beat 4GOD, but maybe something happened... :ohwell:

Edit: Just checked and the Diddys do agree with us, meaning we won't be discussing it, I believe, unless someone pushes for discussion anyway.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Just too many changes for one cycle. We should just say mk ics and olimar are -2 everyone else there currently gets pushed to -1 and call it good. Do you think that would go over well? Hehe

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Noooo way.....IMO. Also, DDD:ZSS being -1 is also agreed on by both panels, so no argument there. I don't think there are going to be any discussions involving Sheilda, which I'm a little worried about because I think an additional -1 on our MU spread from that is ridiculous.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dabuz also wants Zelda-Olimar as -3.
Hell no, it's simply Zelda's worst MU.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
What are opinions on pika? I really dont know about the matchup. Its not really been played out at top level that I know of. Maybe it is a -2 but I just can't see pika as bad as olimar mk or ics.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Two words: Thunder offstage.
Pika is maybe a "light" -2, while Olimar, MetaKnight and ice Climbers are all in a whole new level.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
What are opinions on pika? I really dont know about the matchup. Its not really been played out at top level that I know of. Maybe it is a -2 but I just can't see pika as bad as olimar mk or ics.
ESAM really is the only one that matters, and I think whenever he comes across a high-level DDD, he goes ICs instead. I could be wrong, though.....

Pika is maybe a "light" -2, while Olimar, MetaKnight and ice Climbers are all in a whole new level.
This is exactly why our current MU value system kinda blows. :c More values might be needed...

Top Bottom