• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Technical Chars

Geist

Smash Master
Samus has some pretty frame tight techniques.
SDW and its variences, SHFFMC, Low rider missile, all require precise input down to a single frame.

Characters that can DJC like Peach Mewtwo Ness and Yoshi can reach speeds youd never think possible with them.

Desynching requires mad concentration and fast fingers, not to mention super high consistancy.

imo those characters can be more technical than Falcon. :V

BEES

Smash Lord
Don't underestimate the difficulty of double-jump-canceling characters.

Mewtwo, Yoshi, Ness, and that other one whoever it is

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
some desynchs are ridiculous
but some of the more common ones are like really easy
like spotdodge-blizzard and stuff

peach can be at times

and the djc'ers but you never really see them

falcon isn't even THAT technical he's just super fast

samus has that frame--tight stuff people already mentioned

but is this a thread of who is the potentially most technical character or which character is the most technical in their actual gameplay (ie. peach isn't gonna be doing all those perfect nairs)

Violence

Smash Lord
SWD is so hard to the point that very few Samus's do it.

Double Missile, SHFFMC, Rising(and descending) grapple, missed sweetspot grapple to walljump and variations, ledgehop to super missile to ledgegrab must be frame perfect to work...

Samus can get pretty technical...

Pi

Smash Hero
SWD is so hard to the point that very few Samus's do it.

Double Missile, SHFFMC, Rising(and descending) grapple, missed sweetspot grapple to walljump and variations, ledgehop to super missile to ledgegrab must be frame perfect to work...

Samus can get pretty technical...
yea
but also
you can shield and wavedash and tilt

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
SWD isn't that hard WTF it's simply people think it's hard. However to do it off of reaction is hard. I don't know i've SWDed into WD back to space my d-smash before. again I don't know how to bomb jump as samus which I think is funny.

ice climbers should be the highest also they are the hardest to keep being techical with ics it's extremely hard to stay focused as them in matches people pressure you really bad. So it's hard to keep track of everything and nana. Really the pressure is to much for me in a few matches so I geuss i'll use my for counters to floaties like the marios and luigi(from the matches i've played I like fighting luigis) but all I can do is quad blocks and a few small de-synces.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon isn't much more technical than anyone else, but his moonwalking can make you look slick as hell if you use it alot haha.

Falco's more technical than peach for sho

again I don't know how to bomb jump as samus which I think is funny.
??? Mash down+B

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
tell you what someone tell me a reason why the ice climbers aren't the hardest in this game to play as techinal? there's no way anyone esle is harder there is tech skill I promise you would totally be mindblown about that you didn't even know about in truth I doubt even wobbles know about all the ice climber's tech skill that some people know.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pikachu takes seriously like 0 tech skill other than maybe up-b/side-B platfrom cancels but really EVeryone esle can also do that so really yeah. pichu has double up-B, scar jumping, and other up-B junk and if overall faster.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Icy's can do some crazy as tech skill ****

but do they have to in order to win

i say nay

space animals have higher required tech skill abilities

then IC's and Samus and Peach and all those other ****s can be tied for 3rd

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
tech skill doesn't= I win more. really the more skill you have the more likly you'll win if you know the basics you can do amazing tech skill is simply more options or chances to do something like live when it comes to teching.

SHFFl, WD, teching is all you need tech skill wise f*** h-box doesn't even do that much nor does chu dat and some other players HOWEVER comapre mango, zhu, SW, and lucky to them they can also ****.

without mindgames/reads your nothing without any control your nothing. that said SW must have some fairly sweet mindgames how else could he do anything with fox?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Peach ,fox,sheik,falco, Marth(at the highest level) Doc and mario are pretty technical, watch vectorman to see how technical yoshi can be. Link can be technical when played quickly. Lots of chars have tech ability

AprilShaw

aka Logan
You can spend so much time talking about how to define tech skill. Like, many people would say Samus's SWD is technical; it requires really precise timing. But what about, say, wavedash -> tipper as Marth. It requires really precise spacing and timing, as well as prediction/reaction. So it's tough to say what all qualifies as being "technical."

As far as characters that will get the furthest on pure speed/pressure, I'm gonna have to say:

Fox/Falco - These two are both kings of pressure based gameplay through speed.
Ice Climbers - Assuming wobbling is banned, having a lot of knowledge/skill and making the most out of each grab is pretty important, as well as being able to do things that most players simply don't know how to react to through desynching

When you're talking about how well they can do with just tech skill, it's mainly about how many options a character has. That's why I wouldn't put Yoshi, or Pikachu, or Mewtwo on this list; they have some really difficult and useful things they can do, but very few of them are just straight up good options and it's more about mastering the best options in each situation with a low tier, instead of a character like Falco where laser/dair/shine will cover a vast number of situations.

When you just talk about what a character can do, then it becomes harder to define. ICs, Yoshi, Mewtwo, Spacies, Peach, Samus, Ganon, Ness, etc., all have really freaking hard stuff to master. I'd have to agree that ICs and Spacies probably have the most/hardest tech skill options of all the characters though.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i def forgot about peach..peach will be ahead of samus

and icy desynces are insane and yes they can win with out wobbling ..i challenge everybody in this thread using them for a week..it wont hurt u ..only help u

Top Bottom