• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Technique I've discoverd. (Palm Plant)

Hero Reborn

Smash Cadet
Ganondord quickly strikes the ground with his palm.

Damage 8%

Short hop and immediately dair. It's super fast, but I don't know how useful it is. Hell, I bet it's been discovered.

Hero Reborn

Smash Cadet
Sorry. I meant arial down speacial. Just try it and see. It's something totally different. He skips the whole dropping animation and goes to landinf frame. It looks like he strikes the ground with his palm. It's weak is executed very quickly. I thinks it faster than his jab and is stronger by 1%. It aslo send opponent fly upwards a small distance. Possible combo oppurtunities.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to tell you this, but this has been discovered a couple of weeks ago, around when this game came out. Thanks for your effort though.

If you're talking about down+B in the air right after jumping, then it would be almost useless because it would cover only a short amount of range. Even though there is no lag after using this technique, it would still be punishable if you completely miss.

Phazon Warrior

Smash Cadet
He's talking about doing a Wizard's Foot in the air (Down B Air) very quickly so that all you end up is the landing animation, which happens to do 8% damage.

Not very useful in my opinion. You could do way more damage and with less lag with a properly timed Down Air, the "Thunder Storm" as people would like to call it. You possibly could pull it off after a Flame Choke and pop your opponent up, if your opponent did not tech or roll out of the Flame Choke. At best, this "technique" would probably give you an additional option to follow up on the Flame Choke. I definately would not use this in the open.

Also, I don't want to rag on Hero Reborn personally, but people seriously need to discuss the practicality and legitimacy of techniques before giving some crazy buzzword name.

Hero Reborn

Smash Cadet
He's talking about doing a Wizard's Foot in the air (Down B Air) very quickly so that all you end up is the landing animation, which happens to do 8% damage.

Not very useful in my opinion. You could do way more damage and with less lag with a properly timed Down Air, the "Thunder Storm" as people would like to call it. You possibly could pull it off after a Flame Choke and pop your opponent up, if your opponent did not tech or roll out of the Flame Choke. At best, this "technique" would probably give you an additional option to follow up on the Flame Choke. I definately would not use this in the open.

Also, I don't want to rag on Hero Reborn personally, but people seriously need to discuss the practicality and legitimacy of techniques before giving some crazy buzzword name.
I agree. No offence taken. I just couldn't figure out another name to describe the attack. So I named it aptly what it is: a palm press.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
I've been messing around with it for a bit. I had my brother check out the viability of it out of gerudo choke but it's not guaranteed on anyone it seems. Which sucks because I was really hyped about it being a combo starter after gerudo. But it appears faster than dtilt it so seems like a legitimate mix-up out of >B. I wouldn't immediately dismiss it yet though, it's faster than dair.

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
It's useful if you want to pop up the enemy guaranteed instead of going into the tech chase which you may or may not pull off successfully.

Well, against the characters I can't ->B, A I use the instant air foot after a ->B and hope to land a uair or a dash attack after it.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to tell you this, but this has been discovered a couple of weeks ago, around when this game came out. Thanks for your effort though.

If you're talking about down+B in the air right after jumping, then it would be almost useless because it would cover only a short amount of range. Even though there is no lag after using this technique, it would still be punishable if you completely miss.
I actually use this out of the shield, for spacing. Kind of like how Samus did her up+b out of the shield in Melee...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
I actually use this out of the shield, for spacing. Kind of like how Samus did her up+b out of the shield in Melee...
agreed. but it's just as easy to do a grab out of a shield, and typically you have more options afterward.

also, for people who haven't turned tap jump OFF (not me :ohwell:), remember that you can do the dark dive out of shield too, and that can't be blocked.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
It works wonder against Fox players. Since Fox's use mostly close-range attacks, you can just Palm Plant right after shielding (or perfect shielding) his attacks, especially Fox's d-air.

I will put videos of my Ganondorf applying down-b cancel (Palm Plant) in my own topic very soon against Fox's to show examples.

theguyfromlabyrinth

Smash Cadet
DarkSpidey13 said:
also, for people who haven't turned tap jump OFF (not me :ohwell:), remember that you can do the dark dive out of shield too, and that can't be blocked.
i've read this before, but i can't exactly remember the entire deal: why does having tap jump on allow you to do this whereas having it off does not? isn't is something like, you block, tap up, and then do b-forward, and that up tap makes the shield go down faster or something?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
i've read this before, but i can't exactly remember the entire deal: why does having tap jump on allow you to do this whereas having it off does not? isn't is something like, you block, tap up, and then do b-forward, and that up tap makes the shield go down faster or something?
because when you do UP+B out of shield with tap jump on, what actually happens is you are using UP to jump out of the shield a split second before you do your up special. with tap jump off, you aren't actually jumping at all, and therein lies the problem.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I've been experimenting around with Ganon and if you use the b-stick then this technique is perfect for it. Also jumping and using the B-stick to tech chase is hella easy.
One more thing about the D+B (aside from me not wanting to call it the palm plant), you can use it right after a Flame choke in the air if your opponent bounces or doesn't roll. And depending on DI it can be really good.

Top Bottom