• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teeth

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Oddly enough, I was in the same situation as you. I had to have 4 teeth removed before I could get my braces on. After wearing my braces for 3 years and having them off and going through retainer and everything, my wisdom teeth started to grow in and caused my lower teeth to overlap each other. I had to have all four removed at the same time, then managed to get all four impacted (man that sucked). To then fix my bottom overlapped teeth, I had to have a permanent retainer cemented to the back of my teeth to get it fixed which I am now waiting until the day I can go have it taken off (it's been over a year. DX).

If you do it, go to sleep. It's the best way. My dad did the non-asleep way and he nearly ripped the arm rest off the dentist chair because the Novocaine wore off before they were done. Suck.

I feel for ya. :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
After I got my braces off, they just put permanent retainers on the back of my front teeth. After awhile, one part of the bottom one wasn't glued on very well and it eventually snapped off (leaving 3 teeth instead of 4 connected, I think). I want them off >_<

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Oh I feel you on the braces thing, I had for teeth pulled, two surgically as my teeth are strong, so the root mended to a bone or something along that line. Very painful....

However, I like my braces, and my big teeth that ima have all my life :laugh:

Handorin

Smash Hero
Braces were a pain for me. I play trumpet, so for awhile, I had to pile a ton of wax on them just so it wouldn't make my mouth bleed. On top of that, I had to practically relearn how to play because of how the braces affected my lips.

After I got them off, I had to relearn to play AGAIN because my lips were once again different than they were before. Luckily the process was easier this time.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I hate when doctors clean my teeth. The clean teeth after is great and all but washer thing in my mouth has a really weird feeling, espeically when she puts it further back to get by back teeth. Then comes the rinsing which is even worse >_>

-:bowser:Bowser King

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't mind the rinsing so much. It's that horribly gritty polish they use. The feel of that stuff in my mouth is enough to make me climb up walls. Even now, just thinking about it. Yuck.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So it's been about 4 hours since the procedure to take my wisdom tooth out. I'm sitting here with a gauze in my mouth to stem the bleeding. It's only now starting to get a bit sore, but my face is still pretty numb.

The procedure went pretty smoothly, he numbed my gum with a numbing gel then injected my gum about 4 times with the anesthetic. Then when he started pushing gum out of the way, it started to hurt, so he injected me a couple more times and it was pretty painless after that.

It was no where near as bad as I thought it would be, though that may be because I went to a private dentist this time.

AU$282.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Mmm gauze. After having it in there for so long, your mouth feels really empty when you take it out.

Amide

Smash Lord
Braces were a pain for me. I play trumpet, so for awhile, I had to pile a ton of wax on them just so it wouldn't make my mouth bleed. On top of that, I had to practically relearn how to play because of how the braces affected my lips.

After I got them off, I had to relearn to play AGAIN because my lips were once again different than they were before. Luckily the process was easier this time.
Gahh. I play trumpet too, and when I got braces, my range like, went down an entire octave. I still haven't made much progress since then.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah my wisdom teeth came through about 2 years ago and never gave me any problems really.

Although I had to get a root canal recently and aswell as that I have to get a tooth removed and 4 fillings.

Teeth problems suck and are very expensive in this **** country.

Root canal=400 euro
Filling=50 euro each
Tooth removal=100 euro

Thats 700 for everything,thats not including the hygienist work which is another 100 for scaling and polishing.

I find it funny when you try to rinse when one side of you mouth is numb.Its hard to swirl it with out it leaking from your numb side.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I haven't had a really terrible experience with teeth except maybe when I chipped my tooth which wasnt all that bad. My real issue is I brush my teeth vigilantly twice a day and they're still fairly yellow. I don't want to do artificial whitening because I'm pretty sure its bad for your gums, but I would really like my teeth to look a little nicer. It's pretty annoying.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
God, tomorrow I have to go to this special dentist guy to fix my tooth up. Apparently, since it grew in sideways, the root of the tooth is actually showing. I may need surgery on it....joy.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
So I came back from the dentist guy today and it's official; on the 18th of August i'm going to have surgery on my teeth (since the gum near my tooth is too thin) . With anesthetics and monitors and all that good stuff.

I'm actually rather nervous at this point, sadly enough.

Top Bottom