• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell your team!

DoublesThePSIGod

Smash Rookie
Talk about your pokemon team and tell us how they can **** and we'll see how that plans out in an online battle on Wifi with Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum!

Wanna know my team? Well see for yourself they aren't much though...... But still I try! :laugh:

Empoleon Lv. 87 : Surf, Waterfall, Hydropump, Hydro Cannon

Roserade Lv. 73 : Cut, Synthesis, Mega Drain, Petal Dance

Gengar Lv. 68: Dream Eater, Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, Strength

Drifblim Lv. 67: Fly, Defog, Explosion, Shadow Ball

Infernape Lv. 66: Blast Burn, Rock Climb, Flare Blitz , Close Combat

Torterra Lv. 54: Cut, Giga Drain, Razor Leaf, Frenzy Plant

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm also confused. My DS is broken, and therefore, I don't really have my team completed. I'm far too lazy to actually train my Pokemon to 100, so I just Rare Candy'd after I EV trained.

This is long before I actually understood competitive Pokemon, BTW.
Abomasnow-...no clue
Lucario- Aura Sphere, Psychic, EQ...iForget
Tyranitar- Crunch, EQ...iForget
Garchomp- Outrage, EQ...iForger
Vaporeon-Surf...iForget
Infernape- Fire Blast, CC...iForget.

This team was pretty horrible, but I sucked.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
On my Plat I run something like Azelf, Scizor, Weavile, Heatran, Hippo, Vaporeon
Fairly standard sets, barring the fact that the only change in the team since early D/P was Scizor over Vire.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It switches in on 3 Layers of Spikes, SR, 2 Layers of Toxic Spikes, on a CB Flareon Fire Fang in Sun every single time I try it, I have no idea what you're talking about, its absolutely terrible!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The don't need it, they're always Skill Swapped Pure Power, and have 3 Swords Dances BP'd to them.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
HOLY MUK why is it that people don't get jokes? Even after someone else has responded to the joke?

Protip: Whenever someone ends something with "Noobs." they are joking.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Those few posts were some of the best comedy on this board.

You just have a bad sense of humor.

DoublesThePSIGod

Smash Rookie
Well you got me there :laugh: So to ask if im sounding a nuisance..... How would you level up your pokemon to get to lv 100 fast since I have no AR or GS? I was thinkning of fightin the Elite Four with the ONE pokemon you want to level fast. Like a one pokemon-only-run.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
After you've EV trained your Pokemon, Battle Frontier and Elite Four are good ideas.

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK *****

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Also, your Empoleon's moveset is awesome. And by awesome I mean stupid. And by stupid I mean completely inferior to Surf / Ice Beam / Grass Knot / HP Electric.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well you got me there :laugh: So to ask if im sounding a nuisance..... How would you level up your pokemon to get to lv 100 fast since I have no AR or GS? I was thinkning of fightin the Elite Four with the ONE pokemon you want to level fast. Like a one pokemon-only-run.
There's a fisherman just west of Sunnyshore City who has two lvl 50+ (the levels are slightly different depending on if you're playing D/P or Pt) Gyarados that know Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, and Dragon Dance. Horribly easy fight, and they give a really good amount of exp for each. Elite Four is probably better, but meh. It's what I always did. :\

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Also, your Empoleon's moveset is awesome. And by awesome I mean stupid. And by stupid I mean completely inferior to Surf / Ice Beam / Grass Knot / HP Electric.
You'd be surprised. Long, long ago in a place far, far away, I had an Empoleon that knew Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Surf, and Rock Smash. All who faced him stood no chance. :laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Well that was a mean ting to say :urg: you could've at least just said my Empoleon could need some different moves....:urg:
I like to think of myself not as "mean", but "blunt".
You'd be surprised. Long, long ago in a place far, far away, I had an Empoleon that knew Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Surf, and Rock Smash. All who faced him stood no chance. :laugh:
Rock Smash changes things. Now you're not walled by Vaporeon (kinda).

Rock Smash is definitely optimal.

ss118

Smash Master
Once you got azelf you could **** the game. NP, Psychic, Flamethrower, whatever. I used T-bolt just for the most neutral coverage, since with everything being many levels under you that's what you should strive for.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My first real team was Metagross/Latias/Vaporeon/Uxie + Tyranitar/Suicune/Dragonite/Lucario (they could fill the damage roll however) It's a meh team, it was the first team I ever made understanding the whole team thing, so it's kind of crappy. Still, I think it might be okay compared to what I've read >_<. Four water moves on one pokemon?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
After you've EV trained your Pokemon, Battle Frontier and Elite Four are good ideas.
Wait, I didn't think the Battle Frontier gave you experience?

(Then again, I wouldn't know for a fact that there's no experience to be gained at all from the Battle Frontier since I...STILL...haven't beaten Platinum...>_>)

D

Deleted member

I would post my team but it's for pokemon VGC 2010 so it's a secret. :rolleyes:
Wait, so you're posting to say you're not posting your team?
In that case, Hi, I won't post my team.
Post Count+1

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Wait, so you're posting to say you're not posting your team?
In that case, Hi, I won't post my team.
Post Count+1
Wait, so you're posting just to be a sarcastic *******?

Well, if you want to know the ultimate team...

Kakuna @ Choice Band
Shed Skin / Adamant
252 Atk/ 252 spd/ 6 HP
-Poison Sting
-Bug Bite

The god-like set nobody wants to face.

Missingno @ Choice Band
??? / Adamant
4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 Speed
-Sky Attack
-Water Gun
-Water Gun
-Pound

Known for having an extremely high attack, missingno is one of the top sweeping threats. You will never have to worry about being PP stalled when using missingno, as it has 2 copies of water gun when you catch it. Your opponent ill think they are done with you, but you'll just whip out another batch of pain. Sky attack is missingno's primary attack move, and as the game's only bird type, he may or may not get STAB. But if he does, it's lethal. Pound is an excellent move learned at level 136, and since missingno is also part normal type, it's an excellent STAB move.

Magikarp @ Focus Sash
Swift Swim / Anything
4 HP / 252 DEF / 252 SP.DEF
-Splash

MINDGAMES!

Feebas @ Focus Sash
Swift Swim / Anything
4 HP / 252 DEF / 252 SP.DEF
-Splash

MOAR MINDGAMES!

Unown @ Choice specs
Levitate / Modest
4 HP / 252 SP.ATK / 252 Speed
-HP Ice

It took me a long time to figure this set out, but I've maxed Unown's potential here.

Beldum @ Choice Band
Clear body / Adamant
252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
-Take Down

Beldum may be a bit on the slow side, but it can attain well over 300 attack here and it's bulkiness is legendary.

Riddle

Smash Lord
lol my team in ruby was something like

Flygon @ nothing
Levitate / I didn't even know it mattered
Didn't know what EVs were
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Earthquake

and multiple HM slaves

It would prolly lose to Krazy's epic team though.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
lol my team in ruby was something like

Flygon @ nothing
Levitate / I didn't even know it mattered
Didn't know what EVs were
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Earthquake

and multiple HM slaves

It would prolly lose to Krazy's epic team though.
Haha yeah my team was like that too. But now I've seen the light.

D

Deleted member

The don't need it, they're always Skill Swapped Pure Power, and have 3 Swords Dances BP'd to them.
pure power, huge power, truant, slow start, multitype and wonder guard can't be skill swapped.

unown is better with HP fighting, ground, fire, or electric.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
all of this really tells me I should go out and buy a pokemon game that came out anytime after blue. -__-

Hence, I only have an rby team. it was dumb, but here it is:
Zam/Starmie/Rhydon/Jolteon/Gengar/Gyarados

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've EV-Trained them and everything, but I plan on having a better team when HeartGold & SoulSilver come around.

- Heracross
- Pikachu
- Blastoise
- Charizard
- Umbreon
- Gardevoir

Top Bottom