• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

turok4n64

Smash Cadet
Turok, people don't play Brawl because it's stupid. In comparison to melee, there are virtually no combos. I don't know about you, but I like combos. Wavedashing enables some combos, but even without it, Melee has way more to offer.
I have no problem with comboing and chaining in Brawl.

Handorin

Smash Hero
He didnt say there were no combos, he said that compared to Melee, there are virtually none (very few). Melee gives you so many more options than Brawl does.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I like hitstun. Barlw is just... boring, too.
I could play melee all day

but barlw maybe an hour.

I earnestly tried to enjoy competitive barlw as a fighting game completely separate from melee

but it just dulls faster than a shiny condom in tom's room when nite and I are visiting.

I mean, I've tried a lot of other fighters, and I've had fun even when I was getting my *** kicked and attempting to learn stuff.

Vts

Smash Champion
i hear a smash fest at VTS house july 4-5th details in sig and here

Iori i got you a gift for when you come here i can't go to your b-day cus grandma is moving back in :(.

I hope to see you guys soon for tournament or just a party :).

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Yeehaw thanks guys I am having an insanely good birthday due to gerbal making me a paper mache mewtwo 2 (paper wade), hyper getting m2 stuffs, fizz playing ddr with me, co and his m2 hat, vts and his ?? gift. hmm that it for now but love you guys and now i'm off to cause chaos. :093:

Vts

Smash Champion
well happy brithday iori sorry i couldnt come (and the late happy b-day lol)

man this is really early for me to be up i think i'm going to go back to sleep soon for another hour lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
iori gimme your address - i'll send you some prezzies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'mma bump this, someone should hold a tourney in Chatt.

Vts

Smash Champion
<pops in head> so i got a question for u guys i'm going to take a vote and i need to know by the end of the week.......AEOSSF, arkansas end of summer smash fest.

pick either aug 2nd or aug 9th.

going to go around and try to get a deal at a hotel for some good prices as well ther eis a place that can hold 50-60 people for this tournament i'll post more details later.

the room is spinning the air is thick i think i feel rather sick......

Trexxen

Smash Cadet
I might actually be able to get my parents to take me to Chattanooga for a tournament...that would be great ^.^

Also, I'm back in the world of smash - let's just say I got a 360 about the time I stopped posting here...=P

~Trexxen

PCHU

Smash Lord
IS ANYONE IN JACKSON?
I'm always hearing about Memphis, Nashville, and all the other large cities.
what about the almost-large Jackson?

Or am I alone in this...
I can't drive to anything more than 40 minutes away, else my parents get tired of driving and wasting gas.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hey can you guys give me some tips to help me pick a main and are there any tournaments in the memphis area soon?
Pick whoever you feel comfortable playing as or learn how to play snake, MK, or D3.

Im going to try and setup a tournament within the next couple weeks.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
thing is there are lots of characters i like to play but I cant pick one

and are MK and D3 really played that much? i thought it would be Snake, Ike, and Ice Climbers played the most because of chain grabs for IC and power for snake and ike

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
Hey i was wondering in our region what is banned in brawl for example i have heard in some regions that snake and meta knight are both banned but i doubt there is anything like that here.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
as of right now there are no Char bans.
Although i am thinking of putting a cap on Infinite Chain Grabs for stalling purposes. (as in for my tournament series)

BigRiceMan

Smash Rookie
Hey KO might as well add me to the list of Clarksville players, oh yeah I didn't get to face your yoshi in Kumite so we need to do some friendlies or wait until the next tourney to face each other.

Jio

Smash Rookie
the knoxville crew is new...but we are by far the best crew in this state. cuz we are gamers, not typical noob nintendo fans.

when we make a natl. push ...everyone will see.

dice/wave
jio
holysnap
sikotic

too easy... chea!!

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Best Melee crew in the state: Tie between Runaway 7 and Don't Make Last. As far as I'm concerned we <3 each other too much to ever bother breaking the tie (PLUS I'M SIMULTANEOUSLY TERRIFIED AND TOTALLY GAY FOR NITE)

Best Brawl crew in the state: who cares lololol it's barwl. But the real answer is whoever Iori decides to affiliate himself with at the moment.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Best Melee crew in the state: Tie between Runaway 7 and Don't Make Last. As far as I'm concerned we <3 each other too much to ever bother breaking the tie (PLUS I'M SIMULTANEOUSLY TERRIFIED AND TOTALLY GAY FOR NITE)

Best Brawl crew in the state: who cares lololol it's barwl. But the real answer is whoever Iori decides to affiliate himself with at the moment.

I'm with space on this one :chuckle: I can never really decide but I can say that ness even with the whole stun grab thing is still beast. Hooray low tiers are awesome

Vts

Smash Champion
the knoxville crew is new...but we are by far the best crew in this state. cuz we are gamers, not typical noob nintendo fans.

when we make a natl. push ...everyone will see.

dice/wave
jio
holysnap
sikotic

too easy... chea!!
me and my crew will play you melee anyday and i promise my ics (who got better iori need to play again) and my crew member will win or put up a dam good fight for just 2 person crew!

lol me and altus ftw

so think you guys could come to a big arkansas smash tournament say 9th? i'll post more details later.

then again my crew member never goes to tournament but when he does he does good.

btw stfu and bladez need a rematch that **** was crazy and also we need to have a random crew battle like we did at my house most people liked it since well i evened it up as much as possible.

i need sleep just won heroclix (4 games 1st,3rd,2nd,2nd over all 8 ftw) and now pretty much dead.

how am i still typing huhz.....

btw iori you going to have a party like last year for halloween this year?

Top Bottom