• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

PCHU

Smash Lord
There will be more than just Brawl there.
I'm going to be playing Melee.
I hope Iori can make it, since I've been dying to fight someone good for a very, very long time.

My opponents suck.
I have a harder time fighting people who don't play the game well more than people who do.
I still win, but the match just doesn't look as great.
I want a good match of me fighting someone else on youtube.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
The AU game crew of Auburn University would like to extend an invitation to all Tennessee players to come to the That Ain't Falco Tounament

for more info plz visit our thread or contact me

Thread Link: That Ain't Falco

Here are just a few of well known players that are confirmed

Reflex - Alabama
Kismet- Georgia
Big Lou- Georgia
Holy Chef- Florida
Will_ - Alabama
and over 50 more

so plz don't hesitate to come.

Thanks

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I really need someone to come up and play melee with me. Johnson city I need some practice.
You're right on the northeast corner of the state, you might be better off asking in the Virginia or NC threads... though there are a few Melee players in Knoxville who you could find (yoshiiscool and Sinensis).

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The AU game crew of Auburn University would like to extend an invitation to all Tennessee players to come to the That Ain't Falco Tounament

for more info plz visit our thread or contact me

Thread Link: That Ain't Falco

Here are just a few of well known players that are confirmed

Reflex - Alabama
Kismet- Georgia
Big Lou- Georgia
Holy Chef- Florida
Will_ - Alabama
and over 50 more

so plz don't hesitate to come.

Thanks
Actually, BigLou needs 2 more people to ride with him for him to be able to come. Will_ didn't say anything that I saw about attending this tourney, and Holy Chef said probably.

Right now, we have over 30 confirmed and over 50 interested.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Can't see it unless you're a member xD

Cool cool. When is the next one? I wanna go meet those people.
Well, as fate would have it, my high school spring break is on a different day, so I asked if it could be held on the 17th of March, which is a Saturday, since I have school on Friday.
My dad is getting a lot of computers to fix, so my family should be able to travel out to Memphis and go do whatever while I'm at the meeting.

I still have to look for a job, though...

BunBun

Smash Master
Well, as fate would have it, my high school spring break is on a different day, so I asked if it could be held on the 17th of March, which is a Saturday, since I have school on Friday.
My dad is getting a lot of computers to fix, so my family should be able to travel out to Memphis and go do whatever while I'm at the meeting.

I still have to look for a job, though...
THe 17th is a Wednesday.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Meant to say 13th; my bad.
Had a feeling someone would correct me before I got the chance to correct myself.
you know you are quite close to me in murfreesboro. We always do something with melee at my monthly. You should come to the next one on FEB 20th

PCHU

Smash Lord
That's a problem.
I have no car, I have no permit, I have no job, and my parents would not drive me.
As you can see, that rules out my ways of getting there and having money to participate.

But, my birthday is on the 12th, so I should have some money.
Then again, I have nobody to drive me.
Nobody responsible that my parents know, anyways.
I wish my parents would let me ride with Warpd, but for some reason they seem against the whole idea of me being in a another city.
They're afraid that something might happen, and they won't be able to get there.
I see their point, but anything could happen anywhere...

By the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H90uFrGZvfo
My dad found a video editing program, and that's my attempt at making a small combo video (if you could even call it that).
My opponents aren't very good, and one part has nothing to do with a combo, but it's what I've got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXwOYyjxiGo is my attempt at a BlazBlue combo video.
My situation is the same in that game: Nobody decent to fight.
Plus, I don't have online.

BunBun

Smash Master
Dude 13th is SMYM11. No waaaaaay.

If you can work it out with your parents, Jackson is on the way for me to Murfreesboro and I'd be glad to pick you up. My car is 100% drug free and I have no traffic violations on my record, and no wrecks.

I also drive a 2000 Cadillac Escalade, which is equivalent to a tank for crash protection.

@PCHU ^^^^^^

PCHU

Smash Lord

If you can work it out with your parents, Jackson is on the way for me to Murfreesboro and I'd be glad to pick you up. My car is 100% drug free and I have no traffic violations on my record, and no wrecks.

I also drive a 2000 Cadillac Escalade, which is equivalent to a tank for crash protection.

@PCHU ^^^^^^
Well....
My parents don't know you, and trust is a BIG thing to them.
No offense, I trust you, but it's just that you can tell me a lot of things, but they don't know you at all, so those facts are worthless.
I would love to take you up on that offer, but I can't.
I really wish that I could just go places, but I can't go anywhere as long as I'm under their roof.
And I'll be there until around 18-19, so that's about 2-3 years.

And for everyone else....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6X25hmyl0
Get hype.
If that's good enough for you to
:(

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm doing what I can at my age.
Not much gameplay-wise, but I've progressed technically.

When I am able to go to tourneys, I'll be more than technically sound, and I should be a decent opponent.
And that video isn't all that I'm able to do, it's just a preview.

Handorin

Smash Hero

@PCHU ^^^^^^
Yo dawg, I hurd u got arrested.

BunBun

Smash Master
I said I have no traffic violations on my record. That remains true.

Various other charges either had nothing to do with my car, are expunged from my record, or have been sealed by that 'special' agency.

Also, Hando, lol 8 times =(
None for drugs and none for speeding, though.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
PCHU I started smashing around 16. It's really hard to get your parents to let you go places, especially when most smashers live in apartments that look like they belong to rapists(at least in CO). Just get your license, and your parents will warm up to you having some freedom, and before you're 18 you'll be able to go to a tournament at KOs. I don't really know your parents though so it may be as you say, there's no chance you'll be able to go anywhere until you're out of the house. Oh well. Just stay enthused and there will be a warm welcome when you arrive.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I can go to local tourneys, but anything outside of the city is hopeless.
The bigger problem is that everyone around me sucks at Melee and isn't willing to improve.
That's why I'm always working on technical stuff...
It's the only real practice I can get.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord

@PCHU ^^^^^^
I want to go to this T_T, when are you leaving?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
@Iori- Dude, I totally work in Olive Branch 50+ hours a week now, hit me up sometime, I have no idea which of you guys still stay in Southaven...........

@KO- what's the date of your next monthly, maybe I could request it off...
Well feb 20th is this next one, but i dont have a legit date planned for the next if thats what you are asking. It will probably be on March the 20th (since feb only has 28 days)

BunBun

Smash Master
As early as Jack can get off. There's still one more comfortable seat in my car, as well as a fifth if people want to squeeze.

Hyper, Myz, Hando, Run7, where you at?

Handorin

Smash Hero
As early as Jack can get off. There's still one more comfortable seat in my car, as well as a fifth if people want to squeeze.

Hyper, Myz, Hando, Run7, where you at?
I said I was going awhile ago. Where you at? >_>

Top Bottom