• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality Tentative: MBR Official Ruleset for 2012

Kal

Smash Champion
Our Marth dittos would be legendary wait for it... dary!

I'm pretty good at Marth dittos, though. My spacing is somewhat godly.

Kal

Smash Champion
How exciting! Fox is my secondary. Can we make Hyrule legal?

Varist

Smash Lord
He would just pick Bowser and camp the lowest platform.

BUT FIRST YOU'D HAVE TO CHEAT AT ROCK PAPER SCISSORS TO GET THE PORT FOR THE SPAWN CLOSEST TO THE BOTTOM LOLOLOL

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Another reason why things can't get done in this thread is because you people insist on acting babies instead of discussing the topic at hand.

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
Another reason why things can't get done in this thread is because you people insist on acting babies instead of discussing the topic at hand.

I'm calling it now. You ARE GOING TO FAIL at Mixed Martial Arts.
I disagree. You are absolutely going to fail. You won't even do well enough to satisfy yourself. Furthermore I predict you're going to receive a permanent injury before you career is done. How severe the injury will be I have no idea, but the damage will be irreversible. And I will laugh at you for it.

It's all in fun anyways.

new strife makes a good point

Kal

Smash Champion
You forgot the post where New Strife just bolded "you" a bunch.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
new strife makes a good point
I'm sick of being compared to Strife. I joined Smashboards way before that user.

And those few posts between me and Kage isn't quite a bad as everyone talking about nothing for 2 pages.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Who gives a ****, you are still the new Strife. You are what you do after all, if you think I was trolling, that's hilarious. I just work with the truth.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Well even talking about me is better than the non-sense that has been in this thread all evening.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I can somewhat play Marth dittos, I've been practicing it a little at Apex. MM? lol. I definitely learned that Marth is a tough character to master, gotta be extra precise with those hitboxes.. man. But when you do get those hits.. ahh so sexy.

Varist

Smash Lord
Watching M2K go in on Leffen in crews was ****ing amazing. That was the sexiest comboing I've seen Marth do in a long time. M2K KNOWS what to do with his opponent's DI. Reacting to DI away with a tipper F-smash? wtf, no one saw that coming. I have no idea how Leffen stayed in hitstun long enough for some of those double jump nairs. he was really reaching there, but he ****ing got them.

Marth is still an amazing character imo. I don't like mentioning Ken, but there's merit in placing almost nothing but 1st for like 4 years with the same character. I don't think we've all gotten faster reaction times etc whatever, I just think Marth takes a smarter player.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's hard to tell even with my 5 years of competitive experience, I can't really know if players have gotten better in all senses. But at the same time, it's possible, now that I'm fighting the monsters of the community often, I definitely know they have incredible reactions, experience, spacing, and decisions.. there's very little room for error now. If you look at vids from back in the day, the decisions were different and probably slower.

But ya M2k's comboing on spacies is absurd lol. I kinda wish i can do that with Marth, I guess it takes lots and lots of practice.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm down for a money match Kage. I would prefer Marth vs. Ganon, however. And Marth, in my opinion, takes serious precision because his moves are the exact opposite of sex kicks. Their power is out initially, after which you are severely open for punishment. So if you're going to use anything, it has to count.

In my opinion, Marth is still top tier. His part in the metagame just needs to catch up a bit. I believe that the other characters have evolved to compensate for M2K's dominance, and hopefully now we'll see Marth evolving to compensate for the dominance of other characters (particularly Falco, Peach and Jigglypuff).

I mean, Marth vs. Falco was previously regarded as 60-40 in Marth's favor. Now it's slightly in Falco's favor? **** that. Hopefully we get a few really good Marths to start attending tournaments and responding to Falcos like Dr. Peepee and Jigglypuffs like Hungrybox and Mango. Hopefully one of those really good Marths will be me. *competitive glare* As far as I'm aware, the number of high-level Marth players has seriously dwindled since M2K's reign.

At the same time, if Marth does remain below the top four, I will have an excuse to look very smug when I win tournaments. Not as smug as Wobbles, though. That ****er wins with Ice Climbers. They're not even a real character.

Varist

Smash Lord
i think the community should start actively sponsoring the growth of its characters' own metagames.

Everyone who goes to a tourney and plays Marth gets to have one more stock than their opponent.

So set stock to 5 for marth matches, opponent suicides, proceed with match.

If the whole tournament comes down to Marth dittos, well then MISSION ****ING ACCOMPLISHED.

Kal

Smash Champion
pretty much that plus I'm just super saiyan times infinity

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You would prefer Marth vs Ganon? It is my best match-up probably along with Falcon, it's going to be really tough lol. Also, Marth inside his shield isn't great either, he has limited options against spacies to counter that and also the shield itself is crappy.. he gets shield stabbed easily even with a full shield that's why it hurts him a lot compared to the other top tiers.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, he has vulnerabilities. But in the same way people asserted that Falco's tendency to get gimped made him weak against Marth, it's possible that there will be discoveries which make up for these things. The discoveries will likely be minute, but I am hopeful, likely because I main Marth, that Marth will become a boss again.

And yes, Marth vs. Ganon please. It's a matchup I'm pretty good at (though I'm sure you're a billion times better), and my spacing is pretty good which makes it very challenging for Ganon. And I'd rather play you at your best, if you would be so willing to humble me.

Varist

Smash Lord
I was just assuming that Merkuri was fine and low-profile before but suddenly launched into an attitude of ignorance, conflicting standpoints on everything, immaturity and unwarranted self-importance

maybe the remnant spirit of Strife. But New Strife is easier and still very humiliating imo. but i'm obviously biased.

Kal

Smash Champion
No, we're going to call him New Strife. We discovered Strife before we discovered New Strife, so we're going to call him New Strife. Maybe NS for short.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah, he has vulnerabilities. But in the same way people asserted that Falco's tendency to get gimped made him weak against Marth, it's possible that there will be discoveries which make up for these things. The discoveries will likely be minute, but I am hopeful, likely because I main Marth, that Marth will become a boss again.

And yes, Marth vs. Ganon please. It's a matchup I'm pretty good at (though I'm sure you're a billion times better), and my spacing is pretty good which makes it very challenging for Ganon. And I'd rather play you at your best, if you would be so willing to humble me.
Sure, at some point if we ever get to play idk when.. we can do that.

Btw Strife was VBM, I know he was.. it was just an alternate personality.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Oh Kal, Merkuri was around like a year or two ago, basically being like his is now. He kinda disappeared after nobody took him serious and everyone called him out.

Wasnt VBM = Faab?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh Kal, Merkuri was around like a year or two ago, basically being like his is now. He kinda disappeared after nobody took him serious and everyone called him out.

Wasnt VBM = Faab?
Well it still appears that way, he's not any smarter than he was, still a ****.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

Wasnt VBM = Faab?
I disappeared because I went to study abroad, a lot interest in Smash for a while.

If you guys don't want to discuss the ruleset then why do you even post in here. There is a social thread specifically to discuss the nonsense that you guys like to chat about.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
And this is the threads warning to stop trolling before i give out infractions like candy on halloween.

Varist

Smash Lord
merkuri i love you you're my boyfriend i would never troll you

So something that I sort of half-heartedly brought up earlier, the Mute City thing. Having a stage with no ledges + forces you to move might be great if the metagame, god forbid, starts moving into camping/planking territory.

Should keep players practiced on that stage by slipping it into the ruleset so we can **** planking puffs should the need arise.

Another proposal, add history's earlier counterpicks back into the ruleset, totaling n, then give each player .5n Counterpick bans.

It might just keep coming back to the odd one out, Pokemon Stadium, but if neither competing player sees any merit in PS, then it might come down to some other counter pick that neither player felt like they needed to ban.

It will allot us more flavor, if anything.

edit: also jungles person the text under your name spells Kawaii with only one i. JUST SUPER SAIYAN

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't think that's ever going to happen, you realize how easy it is to adapt to that especially with a floaty with multiple jumps? You make it seem like they will never go for edgeguards or anything like that. The weaknesses of the characters don't change, as soon as anyone is off-stage without a good recovery they will die automatically whether it's a campy or offensive player.

Varist

Smash Lord
i legitimately didn't understand what you were talking about in that post. completely legitimately. i reread it 3 times but i'm just not...

like, i don't comprehend your meaning. what?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You said Mute City forces you to move, but the small platform in general gives the advantage to floaties because they can go off-stage without taking much risks.. however if another character does other than Jiggs and Peach, they will easily die. It won't change the metagame whatsoever. I was saying the weaknesses remain no matter what style the player is using. Small platform does force you to engage your opponent more but floaties still are completely advantaged.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If that's the case, then isn't what we need a stage with walk off edges so everyone has the same advantage near the edge?

Top Bottom