• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might IV IS STILL ON! [UPDATE] March 7th, Cleveland, Ohio

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I can't make it anymore... I thought things were going very well back home, but I just learned that things took a sudden turn for the worst and my grandfather passed away today... I don't know what else to say... :(

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I can't make it anymore... I thought things were going very well back home, but I just learned that things took a sudden turn for the worst and my grandfather passed away today... I don't know what else to say... :(
I'm really sorry to hear that. My condolences go out to you and your family.

nojoes

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to hear this as well. Hope things get better for yourself and your family.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
aww I'm really sorry to hear that too. My condolences go out to you and your family.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Update as far as attendance, including those who haev PMed me on Smashboards and the cold fusion forums we're at 21 as of those who have notified (This does not include people that have only expressed interest within this thread, it's only if you pmed or signed up specifically)

Looks like everything is going smoothly with the exception of hardly anyone pming me about set ups.

BRING SET UPS OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE STANDING AROUND WHEN PEOPLE PLAY THEIR MATCHES.

THIS IS NOT FUN.

AND I DONT WANT TO DO IT EITHER.

Revven

FrankerZ
It seems I'll be coming to this. I'm bringing a set up Joe with Brawl+ and all that jazz, I sent you a PM about it.

Also, I'll be bringing Twilight Princess and my SD Card(s) (already set up for installing the HBC onto your Wii) and SD Card Reader (incase) for anyone who wants me to install the Homebrew Channel onto your Wii. The firmware update should not matter as I will know what to do and it shouldn't take anymore than 5-10 minutes. So, if you bring your Wii, I will gladly set you up with this. However, in order to make good use of the HBC, you need your own SD Card and I can set it up so you have everything you need for any codes you may want to use or for Brawl+ (if you happen to like it). Remember, you can only have one code set per game so you have to choose between Brawl+ or longer replays unless, you have your own reader at home.

In any case, my Wii will have the B+ logo taped to it when it is on so all of you will know. I am going to prepare my Wii for tomorrow when I get back home from school. I hope to see you all tomorrow. :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Speaking of Brawl+, my Wii has the codes for it on it, so if for whatever reason my Wii isn't needed for the tournament anymore I can switch it over to B+ if there's enough interest.
Good ****, I definitely think though you should be using the same set I'm using. I'll send it to you in a PM (it's not a public release yet) when I get home.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I've just got Brawlplusery Beta 3.2 on it right now. What's different in yours?

EDIT: Speaking of codes, with the new names in replay code that just came out, for the tournament my wii will have infinite length replays and names in replays on, so if you're playing on it make sure to save your matches to it and I'll get them online as soon as I can.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Things are looking good and I'm not going to be able to check up on anything until tomorrow morning before I leave, If you have any specific questions PM me, otherwise it won't get answered.

Hope to see all you guys tomorrow!

See ITT.

Everything turned out **** well regardless.

=D

EDIT: If you want to do doubles and don't have a partner let me know when you get to the tournament, there are usually quite a few people looking for teammates so I can announce the people that want teammates so you can find one another.

Revven

FrankerZ
I've just got Brawlplusery Beta 3.2 on it right now. What's different in yours?

EDIT: Speaking of codes, with the new names in replay code that just came out, for the tournament my wii will have infinite length replays and names in replays on, so if you're playing on it make sure to save your matches to it and I'll get them online as soon as I can.
I have the unreleased beta 3.3 with names in replays and stuff. I have to PM it to you though so nobody else can get their hands on it until Monday. Everything done so far in the set though isn't final (such as names in replays).

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
it was someone else from west salem logging on to beegs i'm fairly certain.

so my car is currently i believe

King Yoshi
ShadowSwithin
Falco400
myself

possibles
BYAA!
Blue Rogue

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Gah......

everyone that thought that i was going to bring street fighter 4 might have to forget about it.... unless someone can bring a 360...

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Isn't it a gaming center? Seriously, they have 360's everywhere and probably copies if street fighter 4, I don't see why you couldn't just ask for a setup, I mean you're paying the venue fee and all that. The only problem is that there might not be anyone to play against. twoskilld4u and I aren't going....

Revven

FrankerZ
Just so everyone knows ahead of time, I won't be entering Doubles so all throughout that period of time, my Wii will be used for Brawl+. So, anyone who wants to try it out and play it while they're waiting for a match may do so, I'm likely to be by my Wii the entire time until Singles so feel free to play me in a few B+ matches if you're interested. B+ takes some getting used to so if you lose terribly it's because it's so different from Brawl (not COMPLETELY different though) so don't hate it only after three matches, give it a few hours and I guarantee you will be having a GREAT time!

I might recommend playing as CF first, just to get used to the general speed of things and then when you've got him down try your main(s) out. Just a suggestion! See you all there later! Hype boiiiii.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
holy crap mapquest says an hour 51 minutes from king yoshi's so I may be quite late actually, i'll speed.

Revven

FrankerZ
Great tourney guys, even though attendance wasn't as high as it could be, it still rocked today. I had great fun playing everyone in Brawl+ and in regular Brawl, shout outs tiem.

regular Brawl shout outs:

King Chaos - Still lost to you, I definitely did worse this time around. I think I can say I had Brawl+ johns but, even so, I got pretty **** far for not playing Brawl in over a few days (in other words, out of practice). Good games dude, gotta play online moar.

Shugo - I hadn't gotten to play your Sonic before so, in our match, when we did finally play I had no idea what to do! Your mind games were only effective because I had Brawl+ johns and I haven't played you before. Still, good games dude, especially those friendlies we had, hahahahahaha good stuff. Gotta play online more.

Glov - Dude, it's like fate that we play each other twice in a tourney. I swear and the fact that you use Wolf too?! Totally amazing haha. Had fun playing Brawl with you again, even though I was pretty piss poor at playing it today... I was way too slow reacting than usual hehe.

Joe - Good games Joe, too bad you didn't stay longer, could've played some lulz friendlies. I was surprised I beat you, esp. after not playing Brawl for a few days. Awesome Snake though, I really think you shouldn't play MK or Marth, but, it's up to you. :p

Also, you should've played Brawl+!! Why didn't you Joe?! D:

Brawl+ shoutouts:

ITT - Haha dude, you were smiling so much when you first touched Sonic. It's like he was so exciting for you to play because of his momentum Side B ****. We should've played more, sorry about the inconvenience with the Wii constantly freezing. When you left to talk to Shugo and KC, it was working just fine when me and Shadowswithin were playing.

BallistaBoy - Dude, awesome games!! Haha, seriously! I loved our Fox vs. Falco match, seriously, too good. My DK was all over the place on you too lmao. Good games, we gotta play again.

1der - You play a mean Mario and of course you were pretty **** sweet with mostly anyone you touched hehe. Ivysaur totally ***** you, like hard XD. I don't remember who else you used but, mad props hehe, you got me all pumped and ****. Definitely worth the trip just for B+. :p

Prince - You were fun to play dude. You just need to become more offensive with most everyone you play and predict people better. Perhaps DI better too haha. ggs though, seriously.

Shadowswithin - You and your Lucas complaints haha. Don't worry about him, he'll be treated with gentle care in the future. I think you need to work more on trying better approaches than just dash attack or whatever, the **** you tried to pull though was funny regardless. ggs

King Yoshi - Awesome Brawl+ matches dude. Your Pikachu was tryin' very hard and it's awesome that you love Brawl+ as much as I do or SFG does. Glad you found some characters you like and the changes made to the game. We gotta have it at Step Yo Game Up, either as just a side event or just there in general haha. We need to get this **** around in Ohio!! :p

Glov - Haha Brawl+ matches with you are even better than regular Brawl matches. Wolf is amazing in Brawl+ and so is Falcon. Just play those two and you should be good man, maybe something a little more interesting to spice things up a bit. In any case, it was great seeing you again, show up at the next TYM for more B+ plz.

XtacyFalco - Dude, for what we played of B+, good ****. Next time, we have to play more though, your Jigglypuff was looking sexy. Thanks for trying it, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Overall, I think Brawl+ was well received Joe, IMO it should be a side event at TYM. What does everyone else think? Agree/disagree?

Brawl+ matches are going to be uploaded during the week, keep a look out on my account.

www.youtube.com/user/smk2

Smash Glov

Smash Cadet
Woot Woot Shout OUTzzzzz

first
xtacy- omg why do we have to play each other in nearly every tournament lol close matches your getting better just come to some of our smash fest xD D.I.P!!

falco400- fun matches so many close ones i cant believe that sd on brinstar xD but today was your day lol you better be at the next tym for some siq azz rematches man *hopefully not in a tournament for once* and b+ was good stuff cant wait to see the final product

king yoshi- Meta is overpowered!!!!!!1!!!!11W@@#!!!!!! :DDDDDDD

Bboy- didint get to play ya much but what we did your diddy is getting better i wanna see you maining that monkey!1! you really get some siq nana combos its just too good ^_^

and last but not least ITT-thos matches had me shaking like no other so freaking close each time but so much fun i def love the sonic skillzz didint get to have any friendlies with ya :( cant wait to play some more at the next tym or what ever we end up meeting at again ^_^

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Results?

Shoutouts-
Xtacy - For being my beast doubles partner.. dude we should went so much farther.

King Yoshi- Wtf? that was gay how we had to play each other.. Good MK and Pika.. i think u used pika against me once. w/e good ****.

Falco400- Brawl+ was amazing, I'll be sending you a message so you can show me how to put that on my wii.. its too good.

1der- I did better than I thought I would have against you, ggs man.

Shugo- Crazy *** sonic, my marth was so dumb against u ahahaa

Solecalibur- For winning a match! and taking me lol.

Nojoes- good tournament even tho the attendance was pretty small

Glov and ITT- Too bad we didn't get to play any friendlies, except for our 1 friendly scott

Other People I played friendlies in Brawl, Melee, and Brawl+.. made the tournament really fun.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
ITT - Haha dude, you were smiling so much when you first touched Sonic(um, you probably could have phrased that last sentence better...). It's like he was so exciting for you to play because of his momentum Side B ****. We should've played more, sorry about the inconvenience with the Wii constantly freezing. When you left to talk to Shugo and KC, it was working just fine when me and Shadowswithin were playing.
I told itt he would like Brawl+ and he didn't believe me.... He made all these "I'd rather not get thrown off for regular brawl" johns and stuff. Then I kept going "don't you want sonic to have awesome combos and a dair that's useful at low heights?" What now?

That's weird that your game was randomly freezing, that doesn't happen to me.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
That Warlock punch stagespike must have deformed it for awhile.
XD

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Strange thing is, I tried to replicate the freezing when I got home last night and it wouldn't happen so idk what was causing it. :dizzy:
get on msn so u can help me get brawl+ and didn't u say u could play online? if u can lets do that too

Finns7

Smash Ace
Brawl+ doesnt freeze usually I have never had that happen...Also I wish I could of came up. Im Youngstown btw. I will try and make the next one.

Top Bottom