• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might! [[UPDATED!]] Saturday October 25, Cleveland Ohio

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I would bring a wii and brawl but my wii's broke
how come everyone who plays lots of melee has their wii's breaking? Can the wii not handle the awesomeness? My wii broke after I started playing lots of melee on it, but it's fixed now :)

Anyway, this is on my birthday. I probably won't be able to make it, but we'll see.

aquteen

Smash Ace
how come everyone who plays lots of melee has their wii's breaking? Can the wii not handle the awesomeness? My wii broke after I started playing lots of melee on it, but it's fixed now :)

Anyway, this is on my birthday. I probably won't be able to make it, but we'll see.
the wii works fine i can go on the internet with it and everything but the disk reader is ****ed up so I can't any games.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
If we do not make the playoffs I will be here for melee, and perhaps brawl. I can bring a wii and melee, but i don't own brawl anymore ^_^

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
ok i have 2 things:
1) i'll be there
2) lauren you said you would bring pr0n last time and you didn't so you better keep your word or people will be very sad =D

sui-jin

Smash Rookie
Ill try to come. I haven't played melee in months. I probably couldn't do anything with that right now but brawl is for sure. pyon!

nojoes

Smash Ace

4% APR

Smash Champion
don't lie to your parents this time joe and we can go to wing stop after the tourney. :)

OH WTF!!! Why must I bring such an crazy amount of ppl in my POS model car!

I have a song for that too called Two Ton Paperweight. Explains my car to the fullest extent.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'll be there. I'll try and bring BYAA! again and a couple others from Akron, like last time.

I should be able to bring 2 wiis but it'll take a while for me to confirm.

Also, I tought my Sonic a few new tricks, metaknights beware!

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
god **** it not two ton **** stupid time, MY CAR IS A PIECE OF ****

done with that, but srs beegs how many are you planning on driving?

sui-jin

Smash Rookie
The only reason im not sure if Ill go is because my grades are really bad right now but I should be able to get them up by the time this happens and my fox should be better. pyon!

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
my mom was like "if your grades are bad you can't do ****" and then my midterm came with an F in seminar and i still went to that tourney and she didn't do **** so i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be going no matter what my grades look like because apparently my mom doesn't give a ****

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I said I'll try... :/ Chances of me coming are probably 50-50 right now... I have a big presentation to give for one of my classes (like 50% of my grade) that week... I'm gonna try and drum up interest among my crew... A crew that probably no one has ever heard of... :p

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Well, I talked to my parents, and I won't be able to come unless I can get a ride.

*looks at ithrowthings*

I can drive up to wherever you live, so are you willing/able to take another passenger?

Also, I can bring another wii... Would you also like another TV? I have a little 12" that would be really easy to bring. I'm just coming for melee. Last time I entered a Melee and Brawl tournament, I ended up getting really annoyed that I'd have to stop playing melee friendlies to go over to play my brawl match. Then I'd come back, and the setup would be taken, and I'd have to wait... It'd be much easier if I just didn't enter brawl. Ironically, I place much higher in Brawl than in melee. Anyway, I have a friend I just convinced to start coming to tournaments, and I asked him if he wanted to come... and his excuse for not coming is: "But that's the weekend after Fable 2 comes out..." How lame.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Not directed toward anyone or any group in particular, but i'm NOT going to tolerate any bull**** being shot between melee and brawl love/hate groups. If you can't keep your mouth shut, don't bother coming, the tournament is for people to have fun, not to go at each other's throats. If you have a problem with that, too ****ing bad.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I said I'll try... :/ Chances of me coming are probably 50-50 right now... I have a big presentation to give for one of my classes (like 50% of my grade) that week... I'm gonna try and drum up interest among my crew... A crew that probably no one has ever heard of... :p
I have lol, I wanted to be in it at one point but you never got back to me rofl. Hopefully i'll see you there.

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
Well, I talked to my parents, and I won't be able to come unless I can get a ride.

*looks at ithrowthings*

I can drive up to wherever you live, so are you willing/able to take another passenger?

Also, I can bring another wii... Would you also like another TV? I have a little 12" that would be really easy to bring. I'm just coming for melee. Last time I entered a Melee and Brawl tournament, I ended up getting really annoyed that I'd have to stop playing melee friendlies to go over to play my brawl match. Then I'd come back, and the setup would be taken, and I'd have to wait... It'd be much easier if I just didn't enter brawl. Ironically, I place much higher in Brawl than in melee. Anyway, I have a friend I just convinced to start coming to tournaments, and I asked him if he wanted to come... and his excuse for not coming is: "But that's the weekend after Fable 2 comes out..." How lame.
that is a pretty lame excuse, you know what else is?

"...i'd have to wait." Just play both

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
that is a pretty lame excuse, you know what else is?

"...i'd have to wait." Just play both
Well, the plain fact is, I really don't have very much fun playing brawl. I also have no chance of winning the brawl tournament. Entering Brawl would be a complete waste of time and money, time and money that could be better spent on playing melee and entering melee tournaments.

If you like Brawl, I'm fine with that. I really can't understand how that's possible, but I'm fine with it. I MAY even be seen playing a couple brawl friendlies. I probably haven't played more than 15 brawl matches in the last 4 months though. It's ironic since I placed in the top half of the last 2 Brawl tournaments I was at, and have never placed in the top half of a melee tournament (even though I actually practice melee.... This is probably because since melee is older only the really good players are still playing). I really want to change that.

Also, I endorse nojoes's most recent post. It would be a huge waste of everyone's time if someone started a melee vs brawl debate, since it's an almost entirely opinion based argument, neither side will ever get anywhere. Seriously, you should be playing friendlies in the game of your choice instead.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Put me on possibles list. If there is no October circuit, then I might as well come to this.

~~ 800th POST! ~~

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
nojoes, you never answered if you want me to bring my tv.... I mean, does the place already have a surplus of TV's? Would there be a place to put it?

FunkDocOH

Smash Cadet
I'm going to request this day off work and try to coax my friends into going. All we do is sit around and Melee it up at my buddy's apartment anyways, and I'd like to see how I fare against really good folk.

If I can get the time off and the people to go, I'll be there with 3-4 people. If no one wants to go, I'll still be there and able to bring a cube as well. I don't feel like looking at the first post now, but are there Melee doubles scheduled by any chance?

I'll be driving from Lakewood if anyone close needs a lift as well.

4% APR

Smash Champion
I'm going to request this day off work and try to coax my friends into going. All we do is sit around and Melee it up at my buddy's apartment anyways, and I'd like to see how I fare against really good folk.

If I can get the time off and the people to go, I'll be there with 3-4 people. If no one wants to go, I'll still be there and able to bring a cube as well. I don't feel like looking at the first post now, but are there Melee doubles scheduled by any chance?

I'll be driving from Lakewood if anyone close needs a lift as well.
No there isn't :(

Top Bottom