• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might V! April 4th? Cleveland, Ohio Melee?

nojoes

Smash Ace
Oh it's coming. . .

Preferences?

-Melee? Show me interest.

-Brawl+? Show me interest.

-When do you want it in April? All of April is open as far as the venue, let's secure the best date now. April 4th as far as I see is open with the exception of Katon's tournament? 11th is taken by MWC, 18th for AZ's tournament and then 25th would be next, I'd say put Katon's the 25th but I need to talk to him.

-Anything else? Then post.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Well, assuming I can go, I can probably bring 3 or so meleers. And Blue Rouge, who lots of people seem so interested in. He plays melee and brawl. Of course I'm not interested if there's not melee. I would enter brawl+ if there was brawl+ and melee, but I'm not seeing how that could work out time-wise, unless maybe you started earlier or moved faster or something.

I wish people actually still played 64, lol.

nojoes

Smash Ace
I'll give you a T.V. for a 64 set up if you want, people always seem interested to go into a trip to the past, I have some time I'd want to play =D

Nope

Smash Lord
Katons event is on the 9th of may and AZ has yet to announce a date at all yet so you should talk to him about the 18th or the 25th for both of you. April 4th is too soon I think.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Melee Melee Melee Melee Melee Melee

There are the votes for me and the five people who would come with me (most likely) if it happens.

C'mon. Look at all those Brawl tournies going on. We need to step up the ratio.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'll give you a T.V. for a 64 set up if you want, people always seem interested to go into a trip to the past, I have some time I'd want to play =D
Actually, joe, if I come to this, my Wii has Smash 64 on it. So, if anyone that would want to play it could just use my Wii for it after the Brawl tourney or whatever. :) (Though, I might be using it for B+ friendlies instead haha).

I HOPE SFG can go this time... that was a real upset to me so, I'm gonna talk to him and tell him to secure the date for himself so nothing happens and I can go.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
ummm, I've been doing that. I brought 64 to the last 2 of these I came to. I was thinking of an actual tournament. And I don't play 64 for this "trip to the past" nonsense. I play for the combos. <3 64 combos.

And yes I realize there's probably only around 5 people would be interested in a 64 tournament.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I think from what I've seen the expected attendance for melee is already at least 15, with a shot for more.

already coming:

Me + carful
Columbus carful
MasterWGS + carful
SFG

And then there's the players who have shown up before and could easily show up again.

Impp + carful
4%
Pittsburgh
other random people.

I think you can go ahead and make melee official, lol.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I always hated norfair back when I played brawl. Screwed up my whole thing I had going with using ZSS's upB as a spike. With ledges everywhere you could grab it's hard to use it as an attack. I stopped playing her anyway because all the combos I thought I had discovered actually didn't work. But they work in Brawl+ :). So, is there any shot at Brawl+ and melee? Could we start sooner to get it in? Drop doubles if there's more interest in Brawl+?

Anyway, SFG, you're still coming if you can right? I could give you a ride if that's your problems and it's not too far out of the way...

nojoes

Smash Ace
Melee would be a side event just an fyi, i'd have to negotiate times with the melee because you guys obviously don't want to wait until brawl is over but there are the players that want to play both so I have to find a solution of sorts without putting melee before brawl. I'll figure something out. [sorry brawl gets precedence over melee]

P.S. What was in brackets broke my heart to type out loud and reread.

EDIT: And we'll see about Brawl+, I want to get a set-up at TYM4 and see the interest and play it myself.

Revven

FrankerZ
EDIT: And we'll see about Brawl+, I want to get a set-up at TYM4 and see the interest and play it myself.
Good luck with that, I'm probably not going to be there to demo it.

Edit: I take that back, I just read now that ITT has room to give me a ride to it. We'll see what develops... hopefully, I can go.

nojoes

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to pin this one on the 4th and then maybe have another April 28th or May 1st.

So if you really want to push me for another date I suggest you do it quick with damn good logic.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
That's an ACT day. Some people won't be able to make it. I'm one of them... again... I'm gonna make it to a tournie someday

nojoes

Smash Ace
Let's bring this back up to debate, so anymore qualms or can i throw this on the 4th and then have another at a later date?

Revven

FrankerZ
SFG apparently has ACT that day but, he said he may be able to make it still it's just that we wouldn't be able to do Doubles as he wouldn't want you to hold up Doubles just for him/us. I can probably go though with either ITT or SFG, depends on if SFG doesn't mind just picking me up after his ACT and if he does mind, then I'd just go with ITT.

The 4th is fine with me, that'd be sweet to have another one within the same month as well.

Also, B+ plz? Maybe? Don't know if we'd have enough setups. And you didn't play it last time Joe! D:

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I must come to this... I have no preference for the date... I think I will give up on asking any of my current crewmates to show up anymore... Some of the others I now know probably will though...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
My Midwest Melee Circuit Event is the 4th. I don't think it's a good idea to split people with the conflicting dates for the same game...You guys are welcome to come to POE2 if you want to Melee!

Smash Glov

Smash Cadet
just curious metaknight ban for this one? and april 4th is good for me just need to no for sure when it is so i can request off work ^_^

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm down for playing either game, but hopefully both games will definitely be available to compete in. I crave more Melee tourney action besides the upcoming Middle of Ohio tournament, to stay sharp for Genesis.

I'm available all through April, so whatever date you guys come up with is cool.

Nope

Smash Lord
If it's april 4th none of the Springfield guys will be able to make it. Make it mid-late april and we will be up there for sure

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
That's why I ban norfair every time. Except that one time... and that's the time I died.

4th seems open although I think I might be tourney'd out because it'll be my 8th tourney in 7 weeks. From a quick look though it looks like if we did hold it on the 4th the turnout would be a much smaller turnout. (Melee ppl wouldn't show up because it's a side event also because melee circuit event on the same day, SFG and springfield both couldn't make it etc. etc.)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
now I don't even care if there's a melee tournament, I'll be there for friendlies with impp. But still there should seriously be a melee tournament.

So are there any chances of there being Brawl+ AND Melee?

Top Bottom