• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
just for future referense, the IC CG's arent that hard to do... i never play them and i can somewhat do the CG.

and i remember hylian saying that falco's CG doesnt break early for marth unless the Falco messes up... ya, its pretty easy to dolphin slash out of every CG. havent tested on ICs because no one in bmt plays them, but marth can probly break theirs too.

still, i dont think marth should be the only match for a CG, that would be lame

heytallman

CTALL
Allan, despite the fact that few people actually use Ness/Lucas, there are some that do. I mean, just look at my sig/avatar for chrissakes. And Sethlon, thank you for pointing out that Lucas/Ness can escape people's chain pummeling, but some characters can still do it really well, like Marth, as pointed out before.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167123

I'm not pushing for a ban for this for Marth, but just know that things that effect specific characters, no matter how underplayed they seem to be, still suck for those who use those characters. I haven't played a Marth yet who's done it to me, and I don't want to.

Also, on a side note, I do think that limiting the IC's to just 3 grabs is a bit low. If you're still going to ban their GC, then at least give them a couple more grabs allowed. But I really don't know. Just give it a bit of time.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
7. Im a firm believer in stoping a crime before it happens. Sadly in melee this didnt happen. Wobbling was banned at the tail end of melee(well 85% of all tournies banned it at the end)......Now how do we say "sorry" to all the people who lost to it all those years? This will happen again in brawl. Lets stop it before it wakes up
You banned wobbling when I mastered it, you *******.

liverymen

Wait a sec your not from Houston,... or from Texas. Were are all you other non Texas guys coming from. Wow, we Texans must really be that cool. ^_^'

Heres My Opinion, The Jeremy Feifer Opinion:
The IC Infinite is like _______, (Im not gonna go there but...) cheap, and abusable. I was able to do half the things in that IC video "Snowstorm" like 6 Days after the American release, at around 60% quality control. The last time I played Brawl was 5 Days ago, but before that it was 2 weeks after the American release. I'm basically here to say, all of the IC CG tactics can be mastered in about a month if you knew anything about IC in melee, and about 2-3 Months if you never even looked at IC's in melee.

I agree with the ban not because I dislike IC. They were my first Brawl character, I love them... Not because I can't do the tactics.... Not because I dislike you Hylian... Not because Houston banned Wobbling when I mastered it.... But because I see the future, and it is what it is.

The tactic now, just a very good tactic. 2 Months from now, too powerful. Imagine if only one character.... Say Ganondorf, only he could L-Cancell and nobody else. Would you make it illegal for Ganon to l-cancell? Your dang right you would because that would be crazy unfair. Now in Brawl you say don't get grabbed or depend on the user to mess up... #1, dont get grabbed is just ignorant. #2, Depending on another to mess up only gets you so far...

Long Story Short, I play Toon Link, so ban that S****E Yo...

^^^All this is a joke, I honestly don't care if its in or out. DUH!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Also, @ hylian: people figured out that ness/lucas can DI away from the breakout, so very few people can do anything to them afterwards.
Thank you for pointing this out. The person doing the grabbing also has to be 100% PERFECT with the timing too, or the Ness/Lucas can break out.

Honestly, the IC's infinite shouldn't be banned at this point. It does require good timing and memorization of percentages. People raised a ****storm when laserlocking was discovered, but how many people have actually been laserlocked in a tournament match? I've only done it to a person ONCE in a friendly. It hasn't been banned either, so should this be banned? Jablocks too?

But whatever, it really doesn't matter to me what happens. I'll just accept what happens. No official ruleset exists yet, so I'll just go by whatever the tournament host says.

Lol @ everyone in smashboards watching this topic. Everybody loves drama and controversy. Houston continues to live up to its new nickname "Drama City." ;)

Prose

Smash Rookie
Well on a lighter note, I'm new to this thread. I live in Austin but I'm from Houston originally so I'm there all the time. Love to get some games in with you folks anytime.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
The chain grab is not universally infinite like it was in Melee. Yes, it works on some characters but others can get out of it very easily; typically lighter characters with good aerial control (Metaknight, Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, etc) can DI up and towards the Ice Climbers and the Nana grab will slide past them. Also smaller characters can just mash on the jump button and Nana will get footstooled.

Of course, I don't have much experience playing against Ice Climbers, but I have played Slacker and broken out of more than one of his chain grabs and he's quite good at them. This is just what I did to break out of them.

In related news, I'm considering coming to this tournament.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Also, there is gonna be a "team Houston" started after the june 7th. This team is going to be the team to travel and compete in huge tournies like FC or OC or pound of whatever. There will be 5 main members to team houston and 2 sub members for when one of the mains cant make it. I will explain more ina bit. i gotta go to Mc Ds.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Also, there is gonna be a "team Houston" started after the june 7th. This team is going to be the team to travel and compete in huge tournies like FC or OC or pound of whatever. There will be 5 main members to team houston and 2 sub members for when one of the mains cant make it. I will explain more ina bit. i gotta go to Mc Ds.
OMG! I hope I make the try outs for team houston... put me in coach I got hoop dreams.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
team beaumont will challenge team houston to a crew battle when you guys form

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
soo......is anyone going to tell me why allan just suddenly decided to ban CG's? kinda random.

lol team houston.......more like TEAM AMERICA **** YEAH

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted.

...well, scratch that. It's been a lotta posts since I've posted. Prolly cuzza all the IC's CG debating going on. And that it's summer for MOST people. -_-

Hey Furbs, 25cMM?
Whatever vs Whatever, I guess your yoshi.
Yeah. Yoshi ditto maybe?
I dunno.
Brawl, but I'll MM you in melee too if you want to.

DingDing, you wanna MM too?
I think I might have said this before, but I'll say it again: I don't do money matches. I'd be MORE than happee to play u in a friendly or a tourney match tho.
*looks around, then points at self*
Have you ever seen my sig? Let's play. I can show you some stuff (maybe)
Yeah, I need a few lucas pointers. I don't main him, of course, he's just handy to counterpick if I have to go up against sum1 nasty for link...like a rob or mk or sumthin. I guess we should hav a lucas ditto or sumthin sometime. I'd prolly learn more from that than anything.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
it will be enforced. i will walk a round and i will ask others to watch as well. plus. there arnt too many IC and dededes out there so it wont be hard to keep up with them.

i am updating the 1st page with the rules.
what do you mean by DDD grab you mean the wall infinite because the 1 on stage is not infinite so it should not get banned allan

onii-chan

Smash Ace
you should go and you should start playing me again onii stop being......a donkey

you got aim Onii-Chann mine is PIMPSLAP19999 add me so we can chat....
i won't go...because you can't make me nah nah nah na!:freak:

i will because i have gotten slightly better...

@TGM: dude i so agree with you...semi-ban IC or completely ban them...i have seen what that CG can do...i also agree with the stuff about a low skill player just picking it up and goin to tourneys and knocking better players out with that...incredibly gheuy. I am not that good i can say that...but what if i picked it up and went to a tourney and knock out Sethlon or 3000 or even T-rex with it?I know they would be pissed and feel the same why about banning it

Also if TGM is hosting the tournment and decides to ban IC there is nothing anyone can say its his tourney...hell if he banned Zamus(semi-infinite)...i got metaknight(no lag moves)...but even if he bans him i still got zelda. But yeah he can ban what he wants he is a tournment director...and what do they do?They DIRECT!

long story...short...go ahead and ban IC TGM i support you!!!100%:)

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up, you are destroying Texas players by banning IC chaingrabs, youre so called "Team Houston" will get destroyed at every big out of state tournament they go, because there IC chaingrabbing will be allowed, they will not be used to it, and they will get so destroyed its not funny.

Good stuff on everything ur doing for the Texas scene, but you are destroying your states skill lol.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Yeah good games.

Lol, run to the corner!!!!

*Dies*

Dont run to the corner!!!!!!

*Runs away from corner*

That was the funniest thing i have ever ever did in brawl that **** was freaking hilarious.... lolz Team Taco Stand Is not that smart lolz wow that was funny i still giggle thinking about it lolz i mean it.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i won't go...because you can't make me nah nah nah na!:freak:

i will because i have gotten slightly better...

@TGM: dude i so agree with you...semi-ban IC or completely ban them...i have seen what that CG can do...i also agree with the stuff about a low skill player just picking it up and goin to tourneys and knocking better players out with that...incredibly gheuy. I am not that good i can say that...but what if i picked it up and went to a tourney and knock out Sethlon or 3000 or even T-rex with it?I know they would be pissed and feel the same why about banning it

Also if TGM is hosting the tournment and decides to ban IC there is nothing anyone can say its his tourney...hell if he banned Zamus(semi-infinite)...i got metaknight(no lag moves)...but even if he bans him i still got zelda. But yeah he can ban what he wants he is a tournment director...and what do they do?They DIRECT!

long story...short...go ahead and ban IC TGM i support you!!!100%:)
You gona come over Onii? today my DDD needs food:)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I'm going Nutrall on this ice cli9mbers debate and on a side note.DDD is awesome and i'm pretty sure you can Infinite samus with DDD

Xyro77

To Hylian and anybody else who wants to talk CG: The tournaments i run with dugfin will have IC CG banned. I know some disprove of this but in the long run, i am saving innocent people. I know you might disagree with this. But im taking out the trash before it starts to stink. In the long run, you will understand. if you wish to continue the CG fight, please do it thru PMs or the thread in the IC board or any where else except thru here. You can call this running away or evading the issue or whatever, i dont want to argue anymore. Hold your own tournies if this is such a big deal. If its not, just drop it.

LOL at you kids thinking texas will lose to ICs. First off, if they infini CG, then it wouldnt matter if we had enough exp.....cause u cant escape it. The end.

_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

Now for TEAM HOUSTON try-outs. Team houston will be a crew of 5 people who will travel and compete against other cities in texas/USA. There will be an extra 2 spots for subs. Subs fill in if a main player is out or cant attend the crew macth. This will be held after HOBO 5.

Requirements(the more of these that apply to you the higher your chances):

1. Must be able to travel out of city or state. And be able to fork over some money if needed.

2. Must place at least 13th in any of the past HOBO tournies or at HOBO 5(last chance before tryouts). I do this because i dont want 80 people trying to get 7 spots. It would take forever.

3. You gotta have a main. None of this "i use everybody" crap. That will get you no where in smash. Its only worked for Azen.

4. You need to be able to work as a TEAM and HELP each other out, along with following my instructions. We represent the city of HOUSTON.

5. You need to be reliable. Do not try out if you KNOW you have school/parties/drugs/GFs that will get in the way all the time.

From looking at my results on the front page it seems that Seth/t-rex/mr.3000 are a perfect fit for the team. this leaves 2 main spots and 2 sub spots open.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
To Hylian and anybody else who wants to talk CG: The tournaments i run with dugfin will have IC CG banned. I know some disprove of this but in the long run, i am saving innocent people. I know you might disagree with this. But im taking out the trash before it starts to stink. In the long run, you will understand. if you wish to continue the CG fight, please do it thru PMs or the thread in the IC board or any where else except thru here. You can call this running away or evading the issue or whatever, i dont want to argue anymore. Hold your own tournies if this is such a big deal. If its not, just drop it.
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

Now for TEAM HOUSTON try-outs. Team houston will be a crew of 5 people who will travel and compete against other cities in texas/USA. There will be an extra 2 spots for subs. Subs fill in if a main player is out or cant attend the crew macth. This will be held after HOBO 5.

Requirements(the more of these that apply to you the higher your chances):

1. Must be able to travel out of city or state. And be able to fork over some money if needed.

2. Must place at least 13th in any of the past HOBO tournies or at HOBO 5(last chance before tryouts). I do this because i dont want 80 people trying to get 7 spots. It would take forever.

3. You gotta have a main. None of this "i use everybody" crap. That will get you no where in smash. Its only worked for Azen.

4. You need to be able to work as a TEAM and HELP each other out, along with following my instructions. We represent the city of HOUSTON.

5. You need to be reliable. Do not try out if you KNOW you have school/parties/drugs/GFs that will get in the way all the time.

From looking at my results on the front page

Do you even read my posts?

I CAN INFINITE WITHOUT CHAINGRABS. I CAN 0 - DEATH WITHOUT INFINITES. HOW EXACTLY ARE YOU GOING TO STOP ME FROM DOING THIS?

Banning IC's is your only option.

Roy_R

Smash Apprentice
I think it should be banned. :)
Why? well....I'm pretty sure it's easier to powershield attacks and get grabbed in this game....I'm not sure, I'm not, what do you guys think? tell me tell me :lick:
I can think of maaaaany situations to bait an attack and grab someone.

i don't know if this is right, but can Popo chaingrab with D throw many characters at low % without nana? IF this is true, cant popo stall for time while nana gets back or something? I wonder :)

I think their recovery is much better, it's not like in melee... if you hit nana there was almost no chance for her to recover, their side b goes out farther now, they can both sweetspot the ledge, and nana has better AI heheeee :ouch:

Their blizzard move thing...down b i think, has more range than Marth's fair.......

I think maaany people think of Ice Climbers as they were in melee, where you could space your aerials and L cancel and avoid being grabbed....for some time.... heheee but this is brawl, and in brawl you can powershield and shield grab easy

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Rather than argue about it or make long posts that will just get disputed... I will give my opinion.

3 grabs... sounds fair to me. Ban it. It's ridiculous.

Also, Team Houston. Sounds fun.

Xyro77

They change thier mind cause when they see your walls of text they think "whoa this guy seems smart, im gonna agree with him". When in reality, they are weak minded and are easliy influenced. A move that cant be escaped from will be banned at my tournaments. period.

And if other states think texas sucks, thats cool with me. i will not budge from my stance unless i see that the majority of characters can escape the IC CG.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I hope you guys get that I am still going to 0 to death combo you with Ice Climbers. There is no way to ban it. I don't have to chaingrab. If you ban what I am doing there, then you are banning combos. Because these are not infinite, but they are 0-death. I can do other infinites as well, without alternating grabs.

And most of them are easier then alt grabs.

Ignorance is Bliss.

Xyro77

I hope you guys get that I am still going to 0 to death combo you with Ice Climbers. There is no way to ban it. I don't have to chaingrab. If you ban what I am doing there, then you are banning combos. Because these are not infinite, but they are 0-death. I can do other infinites as well, without alternating grabs.

And most of them are easier then alt grabs.

Ignorance is Bliss.
then plz do it. finaly, this argument can end.

is that really your idiotic response to avoid the fact that hylian is right?
thanks for your retort!

*throws it in trash can*

Kira.

Smash Rookie
Hey hylian, Your not the only OOC player. I was drews friend you were talking about and i got 4th in HOBO 4.

I DEMAND RECOGNITION >_< ....j/k

I personally don't play and haven't lost to an IC player. I could see something like the IC infinite being banned eventually, but it just seems as though its too early to tell. So while I dont have too much experience on the matter, but i feel the IC's are innocent until proven guilty and looking at most tournament results i think its safe to say there innocent so far.

M

MyTime123

banning the cg is just as stupid as banning the character, now mk cant torando or dsmash!!!! whats gonna be next, and about a htown team , i d like to play what ever monkeys are in the slots, b.c id like to be apart of it

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
then plz do it. finaly, this argument can end.

thanks for your retort!

*throws it in trash can*
So you don't care if I infinite? You only care if I Alt grab infinite?

So you just completely contradicted everything you said...Fine, I will infinite everyone, as you are allowing it. I don't need to grab more then 3 times in a row to do this.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Rofl, who said i'm underestimating him? He'll probably beat me, but i need to play someone good. I usually beat Popertop everytime i play him, and i never really get owned, i just need to get smacked around a few times. then i'll be good.
Really? You're gonna go there?
You haven't even played me all that much, and I've never played a good Pit player.
Also, the times we have played, those weren't good days for me.
I know, no johns and whatever, but still....
Just wait 'til HOBO 5.
:)

I don't think the IC CG should be banned...
Hylian don't leave!
I need experience vs G&W & IC's!

Top Bottom