• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Exploration of Space is the ****.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm an H-Town smasher who barely came back from Cali which I must say they're aren't as many good players over there as I thought, anyways I just found out July 26 will be a big day for us huh, I just can't wait and see (and finally!) meet some of the best H-Town smashers which I've been wanting to do for a while now

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Nice combo video Xyro. A few of the clips were confusing so I had to watch them a couple times before I saw what happened (like the mindgames to make people roll right into your graple) because they were so short that you don't get time to realize what happened lol. That' where fading your clips into the next clip comes in handy.

Oh yeah, you falling through that area on rainbow cruise was... odd... The same thing happened to me the week brawl came out when I tried to use meta knight on delphino plaza, then I feel through the gold roof place and kept falling.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Allan, I'm not lying when I say this: that was one of the most fun-to-watch combo videos I've seen. Great vid man. You really are the best Samus in the universe. O_O Also, the video was made 200x better because you added in the Metroid Prime death screen at the end. Soooo badass.

Top tier:

Allan
Snake
MK

QUIVO

Smash Master
Any good players possibly be willing to come to my parents' house for a mini smash fest for a bit within this week?

M

MyTime123

lol, what legends in houston? the best player we got is allan!!!! =)

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Tier List of Players:

Top Tier
Xyro
Stiltz
Kirin

High Tier
Roy
Hylian

Mid Tier
Pimpslap

Bottom Tier
Everyone else
Sethlon

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Tier list of players.

God Tier
Sinz

Top Tier
Xyro
Stiltz
Kirin

High Tier
Roy
Hylian

Mid Tier
Pimpslap

Bottom Tier
Everyone else
Sethlon

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I still need to hope for one of these tournaments to be timed at a good time so I can actually enter singles, I'm pretty sure I would place quite well (Maybe even top 10). I love being able to counterpick against almost every character :D Ice Climbers, Sheik, and Diddy can take me pretty far I bet, and Pit if I end up fighting someone's Mr. Game & Watch.

heytallman

CTALL
QUIVO, you said you are in SW Houston right now? Whereabouts in SW Houston? I live right near Sharpstown Mall. Sorry for asking this a bit late, but as people know, I haven't had internet for the last week. I'm at a friend's house now posting :( :( :(

onii-chan

Smash Ace
xyro watched the combo(ish) vid...very nice...you truly are the best samus ever...grapple kills are tasty

also take...if you feel you don't get respect do something about it...when i started out in melee i had pretty decent skills...but the only people i every play were pimpslap,axxo,kage,void,dawn,path,zone,and qvee...and i gave them respect and i got it in return...although i didn't ever go to tourneys my homies backed me up on my skills and i got a little respect in the smash community...

so in short earn respect dude...then noone will be a douche to you

tier list huh?...

kick a$$ tier
Dj Promo bass power!!

omega tier
xyro

M2K tier
Hylian

Awesome tier
void
dawn
pimpslap
kage
axxo
ceaser
etc.

Random tier
everyone else

unknown tier
jermey fiefer

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I was gonna main her, but she doesn't live long enough for my tastes...
Wario on the other hand...

Dair to Rest is a combo.
Repeated Bairs are sexy.
You can string together unsweetspotted fair and sweetspotted fair.
You can combo uairs, fairs and bairs if you follow DI real well.
You can gimp some (terrible) recoveries with a well-timed Nair.
Empty SH is your friend, as is SHAD(Short Hop Air Dodge).
Rollout is actually good now.
Pound doesn't have the range/speed it used to, but is still good.
That's about all I have for now, I haven't played w/her in like a month or two.
I don't even own this game X(
Thanks, i seem to have trouble chasing dudes off the stage though.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I just got through seeing one of Xyro's vid and I must admit he's the good if not the best, and I myself will step up on this on July 26

onii-chan

Smash Ace
yup :). so how are path and zone doing...haven't seen them fus in a while tell'em onii said sup and will be playing them real soon

also i am dropping metaknight and picking up zelda...so now i main zelda and zamus...because i love z's

Shök

Smash Champion
Path and Zero?

I dont know.

I havent talked to them in a while.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
take your life jeremy fieffer is good in melee no johns....
Richard, this came out of nowere, good job.

i feel you!!!!

jeremy , ronnie and ceaser we need to play melee on PZ!!!

*FALCO OWNS YOU*
Yeh lets play some melee, right now Im on good terms with everyone, so everyone needs to get together and have a little melee at PZ...

im sorry homeboy but im going to have to back up my boy cesar on this...... just because you play a character that requires no skill to be good doesn't make you beastly enough to be calling people out....... i havent played jeremy in brawl but im pretty sure hes decent..... and the reason i say this is because the experience from melee (such as mind games and actual experience ) can be used in brawl. im not trying to start anything, but if you want to make something of it. We can mm or, if you want to take it outside its all good........

ps. ceasar owns ( lol naw he's a scrub) **** shoe.....lol:laugh:
Thanks for the input kage, much love to you.

sounds good.

a message to the melee 'vets'.

not stirring ****, but here are my thoughts as far as the community goes: it's getting rather annoying, this clique mentality you guys have. it's like, if you werent an all star in melee, you'll never be in the smash club and we will trash your opinion.

Im sorry that theres no application process to being good at brawl, but i am. And kage, ill gladly take ya up on a MM, but please dude, for the love of all things holy, dont start with calling people's characters cheap/easy. if you really want to point fingers, all characters are easy as **** to pick up, but getting good with them is different(yes, toon is one of them... arrow arrow, boomerang, bair bair bair utilt bair....etc...)

Dont think that i just picked up brawl one day and said "I R LIKE SMASH!" i started in melee in case you didnt notice, which im 99% sure you didnt. Cesar, you know i went to your house dude? Drove all the way from beaumont for "the last melee tourney," and i didnt even care that there was no tourney, i was loving the chance to actually play others who knew the tech and even those who ***** me---experience is what i wanted. And yes, i noticed the smash 'clique' that i wasnt a part of when you guys overlooked me and didnt talk to me, and when i tried to start conversation, you blew me off... bad.

Thats right guys! I played melee! I spent literally hours(4+) everyday afterschool practicing the techs, trying to apply them, and fighting the **** lvl 9 computers because they were all i had to fight against. I had the early stage of a tech game, but no mental game yet. Time was what i didnt have, time to catch up before the next game was released...

Then brawl came out and the playing field was leveled. Everyone started on the same level, so i didnt have to worry about catching up. It's funny, despite how ****ty you guys acted towards me, i couldn't wait till the first houston tourney i could go to so i could impress you, maybe get my card and join the smash club.

But of course, under that pressure, i choked at the first tourney, lost to a ****ing link player that i know i should have beaten. But i have a feeling that even if i won that tourney, beat stiltz, 'rex, and sethlon, that you guys would just make Brawl johns and disregard the results and me, because i havent been playing long enough to be good, in your opinion.

Once again, im sorry i wasnt turned on to competitive play until much later than you guys, but i've never backed down from a match, or moneymatch, even if i was completely outclassed. If you cant respect me for anything else, respect me for the fact that i dont start **** if i dont plan on backing up my words. *gestures to the whole argument in general*

So, in conclusion guys, this is what i've found... at the end of the day, after the last stock has dropped, this is just a game. Being pro at it doesnt change that fact. There is no excuse for treating people ****ty just because they werent as good as you in melee, or 64, or whatever! There's this new thing called encouragement i think we all need to try(im guilty as well.)
See, heres the thing...
#1, you do not practice with lv.9 computer, you practice with lv.1 computers...
#2, theres nothing wrong with liking brawl, its just bragging about it is kinda lame...
#3, no reason to get emotional on us, we love you man (no homo)
#4, while most of us are jerks online (I.E me) were cool in real life (I.E me again...)

Good Day

If you guys promise not to bicker about anymore of the recent nonsense, I'm sure I can arrange something. No guarantees though.
I need a ride to PZ...

I'm an H-Town smasher who barely came back from Cali which I must say they're aren't as many good players over there as I thought, anyways I just found out July 26 will be a big day for us huh, I just can't wait and see (and finally!) meet some of the best H-Town smashers which I've been wanting to do for a while now
You play melee.

Also again... I need a ride to PZ on the 26th!!! 713-505-8688

dawn001

Smash Ace
You havent beaten me in both games.

I beat you in melee too.

We havent played in brawl.
lol yeah your right you did beat me in melee but thats friendlys mm me and we will see who wins....and in brawl am not worried about that i know what i got...:chuckle:..so what mm me or what prove to me once in for all that you can actually beat me......

Shök

Smash Champion
lol yeah your right you did beat me in melee but thats friendlys mm me and we will see who wins....and in brawl am not worried about that i know what i got...:chuckle:..so what mm me or what prove to me once in for all that you can actually beat me......
Fine.

I accept your MM, Dawn.

I dont know what you got in brawl.

We will have to play there to to find out.

Tell me when.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Why are there so many posts today?? You people should be out partying. I just came home real quick after one party and am now leaving for another one!

Top Bottom