• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tether canceling and Airdodge cancel.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Dont know if anyone has noticed but any character that has a Z tether recovery/grab can use this.Use your tether just before you hit the ground and it cancles and lets you do any move straight away.(only tried Samus and Link)

If you air dodge onto any surface(works best onto platforms)its allows you to do any move as soon as you land with little or no lag.(im not sure if there is truly no lag)

There was nothing on the new techniques post/in this forum about this stuff so if its already being discovered fine.If not both of these are incredibly usefull for speeding/mixing up your game.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
I could see some merit in this, but really, if you're preparing to attack once you hit the ground, most likely you've got an enemy waiting for you with a charged Fsmash, releasing it as you're starting your A combos. Though I suppose this doesn't apply to everyone. It's just that as a Toon Link main, every landing strategy I envision involves dodging Wolf in some way.

Pikaville

Well if you space it correctly you can hit them with the tether and cancel it into I dont know anything you want,probably without getting hit(although wolf.......)

The airdodging thing is ridiculous though especialy with multi jump characters.

Jump>airdodge>jump>airdoge>etc then just land and do anymove you want(without lag)Its also incredibly handy for getting though projectile spammers.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Discovered a looooong time ago (actually, on the very first week after Dairantou Smash Bros. X's release in Japan) by, among other people, yours truly. I actually make threads about it here on Smashboards. And people decided "Tether-canceling" (or variations of its spelling) should be the collective name for it (so you got the naming part right).

But, yeah, it's already widely known.

Koscu

Smash Cadet
Search SHADing, i made a HUGE post on this. Its technically just a basic thing, your just abusing the buffering system and preping your attack prior to land so you start it once you hit the ground.

Pikaville

Yeah I think they are pretty sweet techs.I kinda knew someone would have definitely done this already.

heroboy

Smash Cadet
I think advanced techniques is a pretty cool guy, eh gets lots of names and doesn't exist in anything

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
Only z-airs. And z-air/Zair is a much better and less cumbersome name. Additionally, you can still beam/grapple cancel by doing a rising grapple through the ledgesnap (with Samus, at least), and if that goes for Link and YL as well, that would make more sense as a tethercancel.

Top Bottom