• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah pretty much lol well anyway I have made some "________ in brawl" sigs before so I decided to make some new ones:

U can use it if u want, and some rep would be more tan apreciated XD...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If it's any consolation, the Pipo Apes in MR4 sucked, they started out with 10 Intelligence, but 400-500 in some stats when they start out :X They were hard to raise

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
No love for Ouendan?

Actually, when you consider how much rep Panel de Pon had in Melee (at least, in contrast to some other games), Lip may be pretty high up there on the Japan-only list.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
No love for Ouendan?
Soon to be released outside of Asia as "Elite Beat Agents", they will no longer be confined to Japan, but I fully support them :)

Actually, when you consider how much rep Panel de Pon had in Melee (at least, in contrast to some other games), Lip may be pretty high up there on the Japan-only list.
Not to mention "tetris Attack"

Stryks

Smash Hero
She has a great chance in my opnion, I mean her wapon/stick/flower was in melee, yet no Lip, im hopin she makes it I dunno It would be interesting to what moves she could have, I dont know the game myself so I wouldnt know, Brawl needs more female characters anyway...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
She has a great chance in my opnion, I mean her wapon/stick/flower was in melee, yet no Lip, im hopin she makes it I dunno It would be interesting to what moves she could have, I dont know the game myself so I wouldnt know, Brawl needs more female characters anyway...
If you ever palyed "Tetris Attack" on the SNES, you've basically played Panel de Pon. Tetris Attack is just Panel de Pon with Yoshi's Island characters and minor tweaks in gameplay

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I don't think so. The gameplay of Panel de Pon involves swapping the positions of colored blocks to line up 3 or more of the same color in order to clear the screen.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

Lip wouldn't use those blocks from the puzzle game. If Yoshi only appeared in Tetris Attack and if the Pokemon only appeared in Pokemon Puzzle League and Puzzle Challenge, wouldn't you picture them dropping blocks? Lip's flower wand can cast flower spells, as well as wacking people with it like a sword or a baseball bat.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Nintendo could get VERY creative with Lip. Captain Falcon was simply a racer in F-Zero, and they created moves for him, Lip would be no different.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

Here is my own moveset for Lip.

Name: Lip
First Game appearance: Panel de Pon (Japan-Only)
Platform: SNES
Release Date: October 27, 1995
Home Stage: Unknown

Weight: 2/5
Size: 3/5
Power: 3/5
Jump: 3/5
Speed: 4/5

BRIEF INFO:

Lip is the main character from the puzzle game Panel de Pon. In the non-Japanese version of the game, Tetris Attack, she was replaced with Yoshi, and in the Nintendo Puzzle Collection she was replaced with her daughter Furil. Lip refers to herself as a flower fairy. Her flower wand called the Stick is not to be confused with an ordinary stick you find almost anywhere you go, it can cast flower spells.

SPECIAL MOVES:

B: Flower Seed (Shoots a flower seed at her opponent)

FORWARD + B: Flower Bloom (Charges up her Stick for about 2 seconds, then swings it against her opponent(s) to damage them. Sometimes a flower blooms on her opponents heads, which have the same effect as when her flower wand was an item in Super Smash Bros. Melee.)

DOWN + B: Flower Bulb (Points her Stick toward the ground to lay a flower bulb on it, that spits out seeds like a geyser)

UP + B: Flower Propeller (Lip holds her Stick diagonally upward while it spins like a propeller)

SUPER SMASH MOVE: Petal Breeze (Lip will send a barrage of razor-sharp, flower petals toward her opponents)

Taunt: Lip faces the camera while holding her Stick with both hands behind her and speaks in Japanese, "Thank you", while she winks one eye.

Entrance: A very large flower bulb appears and blooms open, while Lip wakes up and hops out of it.

EDIT 1: I accidently clicked the "Post Reply" button, instead of the "Preview Post" button. So, please stand by for me to post her moveset.

EDIT 2: I've now added her moveset.

Stryks

Smash Hero
if she has does stats then shell be pretty balanced... which is a godd thing, thinking she could have more speed...

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Lip is a fairly small character, about the size of Toad I'd say. I can see her excelling in speed over power, definetly.

Wagaman

Smash Rookie
Lip is the only character I REALLY want in SSBB.

If she's not in the game, I hope they at least give us a DS Panel de Pon with Wi-Fi.

parrothead

Smash Lord
So what do you think of her odds?

I think her odds might have increased considering panel de pon is comming to the DS... well to Japan... nothing has been said about the states that I know of...

http://ds.ign.com/articles/766/766274p1.html
If that title was released outside of Japan, then Nintendo would probably do the same thing they did to the previous Panel de Pon titles: Change the fairy girl plot into a plot based on other Nintendo franchises. However, there are probably a bunch of female gamers right now, and those who like animes about female characters (e.g. Magical Meow Meow Taruto, Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power, Sailor Moon, Azumanga Daioh!, Magical Do-Re-Mi, Princess Comet, etc.), they might like Panel de Pon characters.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
If that title was released outside of Japan, then Nintendo would probably do the same thing they did to the previous Panel de Pon titles: Change the fairy girl plot into a plot based on other Nintendo franchises. However, there are probably a bunch of female gamers right now, and those who like animes about female characters (e.g. Magical Meow Meow Taruto, Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power, Sailor Moon, Azumanga Daioh!, Magical Do-Re-Mi, Princess Comet, etc.), they might like Panel de Pon characters.
Well I could see Nintendo realease it with the orginal cast, because they are trying to reach all people. And they have games for most everyone, so I think its possible they could keep lip and pals.

parrothead

Smash Lord
It's probably going to star the daughters of the daughters (e.g. Furil's daughter).

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
not only would Lip act as an exciting and original character to play as, but she would also bring some fun new Panel De Pon based levels to brawl.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Considering that Tetris Attack is my favorite puzzle game ever (and one of my favorite games of all time), it (and/or Panel de Pon) need some representation. Some serious representation; not just some flower item.

Oh, and I'm going to hole up in my basement and play Tetris Attack when it comes out for Virtual Console.

NukeA6

Smash Master
This game can bring some interesting ATs (like Flare for example).

Sinn

Smash Lord
I just downloaded the ROM of the Japanese version tonight, and I'm happy at some of the differences. Even though they're small, the fact that something like the music and background changes in certain spots is enough of a novelty for a long time fan like me.

Anyway, I do hope that Lip is included in the game, and if she is, I'm sure I'll play as her often.

Top Bottom