• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Texas Apex Qualifier] Apocalypse 1!

Neon!

Smash Lord
I forgot I entered as "Caleb" instead of Neon lol.

Great tournament but DFW will be winning mid tier doubles next time (we have a secret weapon)

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
Getting bodied by Ike 2 gud. Good games, though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shoutouts to the livestream commentary which a good chunk was devoted to promoting weed. I sure hope such riveting commentary is also discussed at future tourneys and attract more sponsors, especially at APEX.

Good show.

Player-4

See you in 25 years

Would someone mind explaining to me why 7 of 11 Houston players were all on the same side of the bracket with GNES, RAZER, TRELA, and ILLMATIC?!

Denti

Smash Master
It was so stacked. Gnes and Razer dont dominate anymore. They can be seeded on the same side, this isnt 2010-2012. If anything I should have separated me and Pwii but I was too busy to catch it. Also Dakpo crunched on that side of the bracket anyways proving they all lose before they meet eachother anyway.

Denti

Smash Master
Honestly it should have just been seeded like

1. Pwii
2. Denti
3. Gnes
4. Trela
5. Dojo/Razer

But instead since it had been so long I seeded everyone of them as top. I had other region TOs check the seeding before we started.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Way to miss the entire point of his post and way to use dakpo only beating me as justification even though I've lost in winner's bracket in TX many times before when I played. Your seeding was effed up and your city is effed up. Owned.

Other region TOs? Lmao. Nope, you denied Allan's help and he didn't seed. Won't trust the likes of these non-existent TOs you speak of.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Who are these other region TOs you speak of? And I don't have a problem with Gnes, Razer, Trela, and Illmatic not getting their old seeding, but it's region based and you still placed Houston's top 4 of 5 on the same side of the bracket.
And Dakpo didn't prove anything, good job he beat Razer (idk how one upset is a bracket crunch) then lost to Trela. Again I don't have a problem with them not having a top seed but having Gnes and Trela playing in quarters and then having one of them potentially playing Razer in semis. Also you gave year old rusty Razer 2nd seed, wtf? Didn't Gnes and Trela take 1st and 2nd at the last tourney they played together but yet they're playing in quarters what kind of trash is that?

Edit: I take it back about Gnes and Trela getting 1st and 2nd in their last tourney, I was thinking of HOBO 39, though in HOBO 40 they took 3rd and 4th, with Illmatic taking 5th, and Pwii and Denti taking 1st and 2nd but thus furthering my point of trash seeding.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It was so stacked. Gnes and Razer dont dominate anymore. They can be seeded on the same side, this isnt 2010-2012. If anything I should have separated me and Pwii but I was too busy to catch it. Also Dakpo crunched on that side of the bracket anyways proving they all lose before they meet eachother anyway.

I literally had to shut my laptop and say a prayer before i started to write this.

Denti, regardless of what you think our skill level is, you KNOW trela/gnes/razer (Houstons best 3 players/tx best 3 players who all have positive records against you in teams and singles since the dawn of time) shouldn't all 3 be on the SAME side of the bracket. Not only on the same side but they were pretty close to each other too. Not only is that a failure to seed by skill but it is a failure to seed by location.

Maybe i missed it but who checked your seeding? I know i didnt. I cant accept that you were the ONLY one to seed the bracket. The blame has gotta be shared. Please tell me jimbo or inui helped you seed.

Look, i know that^ may come off as rude or something but you gotta understand that we drove 4.5 hours to fight each other mega early? Uhhhh NO!!! Now to be fair, ive had my moments of poo poo seeding too so im not gonna bash you too much (we all F up some times). But the way to fix that is literally take the top 3-5 best players or best players from each city and have them look the bracket over. Hell, maybe even have all the TOs of the cities look it over. Either way, we are just bringing it to your attention more than making fun/complaining.

I mean we STILL trashed Dallas regardless of seeding. A city such as mine will never be 2nd rate. The plans i set up back in 2008 have come to fruition and nothing can stop it. Ive molded my players to be man killers, animal abusers and dream crushers. Houston is unstoppable.

HOUSTON>DALLAS

#DallasSucksShyyt

Denti

Smash Master
I understand. Also I didn't give Razer 2nd seed, I gave all the top 6 equal seed. I really do regret not swapping Me with Gnes Razer or Trela. That would have cleared everything up honestly, one swap.

But if I had a chance to seed everything again I would do it better and just put it as something like

1. Pwii
2. Razer
3. Denti
4. Trela
5. Gnes
6. Dojo/Dakpo

This is my first time trying to make my tournaments into the big leagues. Your comments are heard and I won't let it happen again.

#learning
#letsmakethisseriesbetter

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It took four years for your plan to succeed? You are the worst villain I have ever seen.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Denti whether you realize it or not you did give Razer a top seed and you actually gave Dojo the other top seed, there is no equal top seeding. You playing Pwii in quarters and Gnes playing Trela in quarters while Dojo is supposed to be playing PJ and Razer playing Dakpo in quarters is not "equal top seeding".

I'm still curious to know who the other TOs are that helped seed this.

Denti

Smash Master
I don't really want to bring other TOs into this because I don't want people riding their asses. I made the calls in the end. And I didn't realize it. I already know this tournament should have just been Me and Pwii 1st and 2nd seed.

Xyro77

It took four years for your plan to succeed? You are the worst villain I have ever seen.
THE TURTLE WON THE RACE, DID HE NOT?!?!?

MY PLANS ALWAYS (except for quake con/hobo19) WORK YOU ASIAN BICH!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So what was the plan when you uninstalled calculator from your old computer?

Xyro77

So what was the plan when you uninstalled calculator from your old computer?
I got nothing to defend with when you bring that up.

I still to this day do not know how i uninstalled it.

I guess this means i had no plan.

Maybe the turtle lost the race after all........ :(

Xyro77

I recommended to Denti that Gene Pool help seed but i don't know if it did or didn't happen. Im going to assume, quite safely, that it didn't happen.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Great job Houston!
I dont know if im the first to post that but regardless you all seem to be triumphant no matter the time frame. Batou respects this.

Xyro77

Xyro you're just mad that your MK is bad.

I honestly think i have picked mk less than 15 times in friendlies and less than 2 in tournament. All of this is over the course of 5.5 years. I have no mk so i cant get mad that he sucks.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wait a minute... Denti, don't tell me you seeded those top 6 players with a skill level then clicked randomize bracket and let it go.

Xyro77

Low tier singles or low tier doubles is happiness wrapped in joy covered by awesome while fried in amazing.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
If you needed help, Denti, don't be afraid to ask. I understand that 80 people is a lot, and you handled it fine for your first time, but also with a tournament that size, you need a dedicated crew to handle the pressure so that it doesn't all fall on you. I learned that lesson twice, so if you need any help, give me a call, hell, I live within 45 minutes away from you, so if you need more hands, don't be afraid to ask me.

Top Bottom