• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas: Feb 8th-10th, "The End" Melee + Brawl - We have JP Brawl!-FREE ENERGY DRINKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
SOS! we need to team. 17 out of 92 teams, I don't think you can beat that for your teams record. Didn't do that at MLG Dallas, FC or MOAST 3.

Dirty Sowf prevails.

sos246

Smash Journeyman
SOS! we need to team. 17 out of 92 teams, I don't think you can beat that for your teams record. Didn't do that at MLG Dallas, FC or MOAST 3.

Dirty Sowf prevails.
only because i was beasting.

i swear that canada match where i come back from a 5 stock disadvantage was epic

and yes dirty sowf prevail's and if we dont we cheat and prevail anyway :p

Thedpadowner

Smash Cadet
lolz :p

also make singles on sunday so i can come and win and stuffz if its on saturday i cant go due to work >.> meh
I'll call your boss and tell him I'm a dying family member who needs immediate attention... on Saturday.

Just come Sunday for the two tournies

Mr.C

Smash Master
Oh Mr C. You're gonna be disappointed when you play Brawl, just so you know.

At least don't try to play any of your old characters. It will alleviate some of the disappointment.

I haven't heard a single person here in San Antonio that knows how to play that likes it so far.
I doubt that 100%. I personally like change, relearning how to play a game that is very similar to the only game I actually care about will be very fun.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
No, everyone will pay a price. It might take the form of dashed hopes, broken dreams, hurt feelings, crushed spirits, lost opportunities, missed chances, or 17 dollars.

Or cookies.
For Scav.

wallzone

Smash Rookie
jumping in at the last second

hey. i just found out about this from a friend and i hope its not to late to sign up for the tournament. advid player. can't wait to be there. even if i missed the sign in i still would love to play brawl. see you at the d-pad. let me know befor tomorrow if its to late.

forkgirl

Smash Lord

Dirty Sowf prevails.
Actually SOS and i DID get 17th place (semipro:bee:) at MLG dallas. I don't know how many teams there were though. We lost to M2K and Neo...And that was before i could WD, L-cancel, short hop...dangit i still cant short hop :(

Thedpadowner

Smash Cadet
hey. i just found out about this from a friend and i hope its not to late to sign up for the tournament. advid player. can't wait to be there. even if i missed the sign in i still would love to play brawl. see you at the d-pad. let me know befor tomorrow if its to late.
No it's not too late. Registration is at the tournament. :o

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Actually SOS and i DID get 17th place (semipro:bee:) at MLG dallas. I don't know how many teams there were though. We lost to M2K and Neo...And that was before i could WD, L-cancel, short hop...dangit i still cant short hop :(
that doesn't mean anything to placing overall. I was actually looking at the brackets for MLG Dallas today, and all I can find is the top 32 teams (and of course didn't see SOS and Forkgirl). I still did better, and we didn't play a whole bunch of noobs either, OC2 had a much smaller noob to skilled/pro ratio.

Oh and Sheik doesn't really short hop like other characters. Not that it matters, because even the short hop is nerfed in Brawl.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, after thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't really care about this, keep my $17, buy alot of snacks from the gas station, and go kill my time elsewhere with some friends.

Have fun playing Brawl, I'll wait another 30-something days instead.

That, and I have no ride.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'd like to thank Smiles for not calling me back and Jose for over sleeping so I will be missing today's events. Hopefully things will go smoother on Sunday.

sos246

Smash Journeyman
that doesn't mean anything to placing overall. I was actually looking at the brackets for MLG Dallas today, and all I can find is the top 32 teams (and of course didn't see SOS and Forkgirl). I still did better, and we didn't play a whole bunch of noobs either, OC2 had a much smaller noob to skilled/pro ratio.

Oh and Sheik doesn't really short hop like other characters. Not that it matters, because even the short hop is nerfed in Brawl.
kyle i love you and all but i was beasting like hardcore at mlg dallas. and me and forkgirl beat jf and rayzorium (LOLZ!!!!) bach and some good falco player (LOLZZZZZ!!!!) we BARELY lost to tink and darkrain in the last round of the semi pro bracket grrr and we lost to neo and m2k. but ironiclly we did better then doh and mr.c in fact if im not mistaken we had the highest placing in tx besides wes and xelic (team omg 2 good) and like cave and whoever he teamed with.

but yeah oc2 teams were amazing lol we pissed off alot of teams by continually winning lol

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
I totally take back everything I said about Falco. After fighting against Manic, I've learned what someone can REALLY do with him. Pwn hardcore.

And Brawl is the most fun game I have ever played. even mindlessly shooting things and destruction wasn't as fun

I want to see the results

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
kyle i love you and all but i was beasting like hardcore at mlg dallas. and me and forkgirl beat jf and rayzorium (LOLZ!!!!) bach and some good falco player (LOLZZZZZ!!!!) we BARELY lost to tink and darkrain in the last round of the semi pro bracket grrr and we lost to neo and m2k. but ironiclly we did better then doh and mr.c in fact if im not mistaken we had the highest placing in tx besides wes and xelic (team omg 2 good) and like cave and whoever he teamed with.

but yeah oc2 teams were amazing lol we pissed off alot of teams by continually winning lol
I would like to point out that you only placed higher than me and Robbie because we had Wes and Jordan and Drew and Chang in our pool, and we had some unfortunate mishaps involving the top of rainbow cruise.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Kal with lv9 Ganondorf was the highlight of teams.
Any idea on when the brawl videos will be up, Lee?

nomnomnom

Smash Cadet
props to dpad for a well-run tourney today.... team nomnomnom ftw, etc. etc.

Lee - are you still doing early registration for wifiwars accounts?

Also, seconded on Kal w/L9 ganondorf being ridiculous... I couldn't stop laughing watching him sit there and kill off ganondorf while 4-stocking the other team... o.o'

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Brawl owns.
Mr. C wins

Kal with lv9 Ganondorf was the highlight of teams.
Any idea on when the brawl videos will be up, Lee?
I'll have some up tonight, the rest should be tomorrow.

props to dpad for a well-run tourney today.... team nomnomnom ftw, etc. etc.

Lee - are you still doing early registration for wifiwars accounts?

Also, seconded on Kal w/L9 ganondorf being ridiculous... I couldn't stop laughing watching him sit there and kill off ganondorf while 4-stocking the other team... o.o'
Glad everyone had fun.

Yeah, we set it up, but everyone I knew was already registered. Registration is open at WifiWars.com

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Can't wait to see those team vids.

Dpad is a pretty cool place, it's bigger than I thought and the 3rd Strike machine on free play was cool (Although I play on the pad.... I doubt I will ever transition.)

To anyone who cares, I'm thinking about setting up/running/hosting whatnots a 2d fighter tourney (the ones I play being Guilty Gear and Third Strike. If there is interest for others I will add it to the roster).

I don't have any idea for a date, especially since this the middle of the school semester, but when I get something I will get the word out.

Thedpadowner

Smash Cadet
This is Tony from D-Pad, I just wanted to say that it was great having all of you guys at our place! I wanted to thank everyone for being very cool and very fun to hangout with. I hope everyone had fun at the tournaments, Scav and Lee did a great job on things, and everyone else that helped thank you very much.....xelic ;)

I hope all you guys come back, we are always up for games of brawl! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom