• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Tournament Calendar and Scene Revival

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Why is Kingsville hosting two tournies in April? A bit excessive no? :|

Edit: It's their last one until August/September...ok

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
The one this Saturday is just a filler. Kinda just there for the lulz. The one on the 23rd is the one people are actually supposed to go to :)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Scratch out phase for a bit =\ unfortunately the FX owner who allowed us to use the store for the tournaments did not think it was worth it to have the tournaments there considering it brought in no new "usual" customers (ones who come in outside tournaments) other than Zac and Billy. So right now Dallas is kind of venueless. I will talk to Denti and try and go venue searching soon. Hopefully we won't be out too long.

N.O.T.A.-SrsC@

Smash Apprentice
Scratch out phase for a bit =\ unfortunately the FX owner who allowed us to use the store for the tournaments did not think it was worth it to have the tournaments there considering it brought in no new "usual" customers (ones who come in outside tournaments) other than Zac and Billy. So right now Dallas is kind of venueless. I will talk to Denti and try and go venue searching soon. Hopefully we won't be out too long.
I'm also looking at venues in Fort Worth. Might have a place, I simply haven't asked about it yet.

DatBass

Smash Cadet
I'm talking with the manager of a small-time game store in FW. Denti and I went to a smash touney they held awhile back. I think he would be interested in using his store as the venue for the new Phase/ Revolutoi/ DFW tournies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

yo im there

SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
First circuit event is tentatively May 7th in Austin.

Second event is June 11th in Houston.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Should probably clarify that the 3DS is for pokemon winners, not brawl
If you check every one of the posts i put in all the regional thread and the ACTUAL thread its self, it clearly says the winner of the pokemon event....
i guess this is the only thread that would have been unclear

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Not really that big, imo.
It's new, though. Kinda.

Looks to be sorta cool.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well really, for many players, it's the same thing we've been doing since the beginning of our Smash scene.

Dojo

Smash Champion
You can go ahead as long as it stays local for the most part. It wouldn't conflict with others as hopefully if they're running anything they're shooting for it to be local as well.

Remember we're trying to promote going to the circuit events as much as possible, so it's best we promote those events over anything else.

Top Bottom