• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Um I use gimpshop and when I go to save it doenst ask for the targa options??? where I put 32......

I dont know if I did it right, when I open it up again in gimpshop it says 32x256....is that correct???

Also when I go to step 2 create Im stuck...can someone help me

jokey665

Smash Ace
It's definitely the line limit. B+ is 256 lines all by itself, IIRC.

EDIT: And somebody really needs to make a better guide for using custom portrait things. I'm pretty sure I've got everything I need but I've no idea what to do with it all.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: And somebody really needs to make a better guide for using custom portrait things. I'm pretty sure I've got everything I need but I've no idea what to do with it all.
I'll look into this weekend when I can actually try it. Sorry I can't help until then.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Wow,

No matter how few codes you have, Wi-Fi WILL freeze up from time to time.

Biiiiiiiiiiig set back.

But anyway, I LOVE THESE HACKS! I have so many, and they're all so awesome! Maybe I'll write an in-depth guide on how to get these for friends... PM me if you'd like to help.

bobson

Smash Lord
Wow,

No matter how few codes you have, Wi-Fi WILL freeze up from time to time.

Biiiiiiiiiiig set back.
You sure about that? I was using some for awhile on Basic Brawl to test it out and nothing happened.

Doraki

Smash Lord
1. Pal code for this ?

2. Would it be possible to not replace files, but tell the game that there are more alt costumes than the default ones, and have it fetch them on the sd card ? I would like it if adding a custom texture didn't mean removing a default one.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
1. Pal code for this ?

2. Would it be possible to not replace files, but tell the game that there are more alt costumes than the default ones, and have it fetch them on the sd card ? I would like it if adding a custom texture didn't mean removing a default one.
1) Phantom wings is finding a PAL hacker to start the port
2)It isn't possible,because you have to edit all the in-game data.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to not replace files, but tell the game that there are more alt costumes than the default ones, and have it fetch them on the sd card ? I would like it if adding a custom texture didn't mean removing a default one.
Seeing as the File Replacement code can also be used to replace large segments of code that are loaded up, it sounds like it may sometime be possible - just not right now...

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Phantom wings,
Last year in the USB gecko forum (now they are closed)
there was a PAL porter...I can't remember the name...

EDIT: try with paprika_killer

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Would it be possible to make it so when you press Z on the CSS it loads from the SD card? Then you could use old costumes and new costumes (just not both with the same character)

Finns7

Smash Ace
Um I use gimpshop and when I go to save it doenst ask for the targa options??? where I put 32......

I dont know if I did it right, when I open it up again in gimpshop it says 32x256....is that correct???

Also when I go to step 2 create Im stuck...can someone help me

Mettra you didnt seem to cover users using gimpshop

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I really want to say good job on this code, it's so amazing and everything works perfectly fine for me.
Does the code allow texture replacement for items/pokemon/assist trophies ? If yes, how should I put the files in SD card ? Thanks :) ( for that and for file names I can look in the game iso itself but well...)
I want every pokemon to be shiny so bad :bee:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I really want to say good job on this code, it's so amazing and everything works perfectly fine for me.
Does the code allow texture replacement for items/pokemon/assist trophies ? If yes, how should I put the files in SD card ? Thanks :) ( for that and for file names I can look in the game iso itself but well...)
I want every pokemon to be shiny so bad :bee:
Read the first post.

EDIT - I apologize.

Here's what you're looking for, props to PW and his GSCentral post.

Phantom Wings said:
Character Textures:
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\fighter\(Character Name)\Fit(Character Name)(Color #).pcs/.pac

Final Smash Textures:
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\fighter\(Character Name)\Fit(Character Name)Final.pac (PT will have a color # in between Final and .pac)

Stage Textures:
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\stage\melee\(StageName)

Pokemon Textures:
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\item\(Pokemon Name)\Pkm(Pokemon Name)Brres.pac

Assist Trophy Texture:
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\item\(AT Name)\Asf(AT Name)Brres.pac

Character Images(CSPs):
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\system\common5.pac
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\InfFace###.brres
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\menu\common\char_bust_t ex\MenSelchrFaceB###.brres

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Btw, does it really matter if we use Dynamic SD Loader 1.0 or 1.1? Is there a significant benefit over it loading at boot-up over booting at the opening cinematic?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\system\common5.pac
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\InfFace## #.brres
X:\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\MenSelchrFaceB###.brres
So... common5 is just for everything, you don't need to repeat that? That's good to know... and what about the other 2. I don't understand what to put in the ###. Like, say if I want to insert the portrait for something like Ike's Blue Outfit so it looks like Roy, what would I put, and how would I know? And is the ### the same for both for a single portrait?

That's all I'm confused about right now. And I can't actually test this stuff til friday.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Btw, does it really matter if we use Dynamic SD Loader 1.0 or 1.1? Is there a significant benefit over it loading at boot-up over booting at the opening cinematic?
Loader 1.1 allows you to replace the common5 file which is loaded before the opening.

So... common5 is just for everything, you don't need to repeat that? That's good to know... and what about the other 2. I don't understand what to put in the ###. Like, say if I want to insert the portrait for something like Ike's Blue Outfit so it looks like Roy, what would I put, and how would I know? And is the ### the same for both for a single portrait?

That's all I'm confused about right now. And I can't actually test this stuff til friday.
Common5 is a compilation of all the portraits, it must be unpacked and repacked using CUPASH - likewise with the other files. The file numbers will be automatically chosen when you've run everything through CUPASH. Guides on using said program have been posted in the SSBB code thread at GSCentral.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Loader 1.1 allows you to replace the common5 file which is loaded before the opening.

Common5 is a compilation of all the portraits, it must be unpacked and repacked using CUPASH - likewise with the other files. The file numbers will be automatically chosen when you've run everything through CUPASH. Guides on using said program have been posted in the SSBB code thread at GSCentral.
Is there a way to change in-battle portraits yet?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Well, I guess I'll understand when I try CUPASH. Gotta wait til friday though...

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
anyway to do this using the backup channel? my wii is set up (cuz of a friend) to only read from that and not gecko. If not then how do i set it up for gecko to read my games?

if it helps my brawl is burned to a dvd

pikpikcarrotmon

Smash Rookie
I'm using the 1.3 code and the custom stage disabler, but for some reason the game keeps freezing after I press Start/+ and the crowd cheering sound plays. I'm positive the files are all categorized and named properly. Any idea what could be up?

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Hey Phantom Wings, I was wondering if this code works for the effect folder. I tried to replace some textures and put them in pf\effect\fighter\ef_ike.pac\.pcs

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
disabling custom stages with that code doesn't help remove game freezing if you load textures too quickly (I tried it). it's exactly like loading it with other methods, you need to wait a bit before loading other characters and such.

jokey665

Smash Ace
disabling custom stages with that code doesn't help remove game freezing if you load textures too quickly (I tried it). it's exactly like loading it with other methods, you need to wait a bit before loading other characters and such.
It works for me. I haven't had a single freeze since I've started using it and I press start as soon as my character is selected.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
anyway to do this using the backup channel? my wii is set up (cuz of a friend) to only read from that and not gecko. If not then how do i set it up for gecko to read my games?

if it helps my brawl is burned to a dvd
The Backup Launcher has the Ocarina options as well. You're using the backup launcher as a Wii channel, right? What you do is hold the 1 button when launching the channel and you'll be taken to a menu like GeckoOS's where you can turn on Ocarina.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
The Backup Launcher has the Ocarina options as well. You're using the backup launcher as a Wii channel, right? What you do is hold the 1 button when launching the channel and you'll be taken to a menu like GeckoOS's where you can turn on Ocarina.
yea i turned that on but the texture codes still dont work. Do i need to use code manager or just put the folders where they go, cuz i have the stuff in the right place according to the guide

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I'm using the 1.3 code and the custom stage disabler, but for some reason the game keeps freezing after I press Start/+ and the crowd cheering sound plays. I'm positive the files are all categorized and named properly. Any idea what could be up?
From what I've heard, you still have to wait like 30 seconds the first time, then afterwards, you can press start immediately.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Everything for me works fine, I don't have to wait at all for the textures to load.

But there are 2 problems I came across,
If I select Bowser, then have another player select him and change colors the game freezes.
So I can only select Bowser once.

And If I select I believe 3 or 4 Jigglypuff's and start a match the game freezes during the intro of Jiggs.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Sigh...
Need...Pal...Port...Help...Me...
*dies*
anyway,If someone try to make the port,i can test it with my PAL Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom