• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Any news on getting music to work with the SD loader? Can't you guys make a hack to make music load from the SD card in the same way as it loads from it in Excitetruck?

dCyphr

Smash Rookie
Good news, it doesn't crash.

Bad news. It doesn't appear to do anything, despite the fact that it still writes at the right adresses.
It actually does something it just doesn't do anything to apply the textures. When I applied the code, and loaded my name for my character, it showed up as a gray box(The name above my character) during game play. I don't know if this helps in any way though. I hope it does.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Quick question

I can't get the custom portraits of the textures to appear on the Character Select Screen, yet they show up on the victory screen. What am I doing wrong?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Quick question

I can't get the custom portraits of the textures to appear on the Character Select Screen, yet they show up on the victory screen. What am I doing wrong?
One of your issues could include...

*You didn't rename the PAC file to common5.pac.
*You might not be using the right codes.

If you're using the File Replacement v1.3 code, the CSPs won't appear on the Character Select screen, but they do appear when you're using the File Replacement v1.1 code.

I don't know if they'll appear if you're using the File Replacement 2.1a code though, since I have no HBC at the moment.

Cyberdude333

Smash Rookie
im using PAL v2.1 but the textures arent loading they are in the right directories cause 1.3 worked any one able to help

illinialex24

Smash Hero
im using PAL v2.1 but the textures arent loading they are in the right directories cause 1.3 worked any one able to help
2.1A for PAL should load fine from the same directory. You need the pf folder. I prefer it highly over 2.1B, which besides being glitchy from what I heard, loads from the SD root, which is a space I do not want to clutter.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I tried that, but it just doesn't save the codes as a file. It just stores on the SD card, and i cant save the name as RSBE01. am i doing anything wrong?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I know how to use codemanager. I already did that. When I export to GCT, it doesn't give me a GCT file, like the file you would use for Brawl+. am i doing anything wrong?
You're not explaining very much though. When you click export GCT, you have to choose directory. It will ask for a driver and the like. Otherwise, it won't work. Its hard to guess.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
You're not explaining very much though. When you click export GCT, you have to choose directory. It will ask for a driver and the like. Otherwise, it won't work. Its hard to guess.
OK, so just 2 make sure, I do NOT save as an actual file to the SD card, which I put in the "codes" portion of the SD card? i just export to GCT and that is it?

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
you have to click export to gct and then choose the sd card you're using and then click ok. it will put the gct in the codes folder (which is on the root of your sd card)

Mettra

Smash Cadet
I have a question, with File Replacement 2.1b, can it replace ANY file on the iso?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom