• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
2.1a in the first page doesn't load my Brawl HOWEVER the edited version of 2.1a (in pages 101-103)loads my brawl but doesn't load my textures. I am still hoping that they fix it because thats the only one that actually works to an extent.

-to the people responsible for the File Replacement 2.1a PAL code, Please continue to fix it, because like I said, its the only one that actually works to an extent, well, for me anyway.
if your sd card is sdhc it won't work same thing was happening to me also Phantom wings is on a break so no more updates on that for a while unless someone else wants to take a crack at it.

Green Squiggly

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to get these textures working and I am still having trouble.

I have my fighter textures in the right spot (private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter) I think my problem is with the .gct file itself. I'm kind of in the dark on how to make a .gct file using codemanager because I just download the .gct files normally. I read you can use the Brawl+ codeset to load the textures. Is there anyone that can help me?

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Can I use the textures somehow even though I have Wii version 4.0
do you have to downgrade it? And if so can someone help me with that?

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
If its a virgin wii (meaning, you haven't done hacking before) there's nothing to do but wait.

If you upgraded safely via hax and whatnot, you should just downgrade and use geckoOS, the codes in the op/Brawl+ gct.

if your waiting, then your waiting for bannerbomb to come out. Just pointing that out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can I use the textures somehow even though I have Wii version 4.0
do you have to downgrade it? And if so can someone help me with that?
Gecko OS should operate normally, even if your System Menu is 4.0. However, I never did test my textures on a 4.0 System Menu since I was an idiot to erase my HBC from my Wii System Memory.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys,
but I am not sure if it will work and I will have to wait,
I checked the Homebrew and it said it was version Beta 2-
so I am guessing it is too old to use GeckoOS or something:/

olsonpm

Smash Cadet
I have also been having problems loading in my textures. I have no clue what's going on. I found that if I don't bother with the latest b+ .gct file, and create a new one instead (with the text file that the texture guide gives), that the textures load just fine. If I rely on the .gct file that the latest version of b+ has however, then nothing loads. Is there someway I can manually build the newest b+ .gct files? I didn't see anything that hinted as to which codes might be placed in the /codes folder, and which codes be placed in the /pf folder.

thanks for the help

(and btw - that stack smash site is full of egotistical pricks. They put their stupid download link in the least obvious spot ever, and then get super pissed if you go on their IRC to ask them where it's located. I was IP banned for asking x.x)

UncleSam

Smash Master
(and btw - that stack smash site is full of egotistical pricks. They put their stupid download link in the least obvious spot ever, and then get super pissed if you go on their IRC to ask them where it's located. I was IP banned for asking x.x)
That and there download files are .rar instead of .pcs which pisses me off because I'm to lazy to convert it, I joined KittyCorp. instead

jokey665

Smash Ace
That and there download files are .rar instead of .pcs which pisses me off because I'm to lazy to convert it, I joined KittyCorp. instead
lol if you have winrar/7zip/whatever it takes two clicks and two seconds to extract a rar file. (time given is estimated assuming the rar contains one texture)

D

Deleted member

question, I'm using the snapshot method. I suppose the file replacement codes goes in the snapshot. is this correct and does it matter where in the codeset it is (beginning/end/doesn't matter)

alvicala

Smash Cadet
If I recall correctly the File Replacement code MUST GO in the .gct in SD/codes along with the snapshot loader codes.

NOT in the .bin in the pf folder.

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
How do you get the texture appearance in the char select screen again? Can't find the post that said this..

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
How do you get the texture appearance in the char select screen again? Can't find the post that said this..
Here, use this. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228958

OP should be updated with this because its a really common question.

--

Does anyone know what to remove in the coding so the small battle portraits work (so that the . gets removed?).

Also, I found an effect color of Pit's arrows. Credits to.. finman702.

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=yourtexturehacks&action=display&thread=871&page=1

UncleSam

Smash Master
lol if you have winrar/7zip/whatever it takes two clicks and two seconds to extract a rar file. (time given is estimated assuming the rar contains one texture)
I got unrarX(mac user) and it converts right after I download it, so I feel, IDK um better... new textures

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
ok i did evertything i have everything in the right files and renames everything and it still wont work! can anyone help?

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Just to know, would it be possible (if it's not already the case) to use Ocarina codes via Gecko OS for GameCube games ?
That would be easier and faster than the use of action replay :o
And even better, texture replacement (and more of course) could be used in SSBM, just like in Brawl :)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Same directory as the character textures

pf/fighter/FitCharacterFinalXX.pac

The XX is only if the character is Pokemon Trainer (the final smash works for all three costumes) and it is based on the color of the Pokemon Trainer.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
you forgot a folder

it has to be pf/fighter/*character name*/Fit*character*FinalXX.pac

the character's name would go between the asterisks

the XX would be for pokemon trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom