• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
I did something wrong, but I don't know where.

Step 7 does not appear at all for me. It skips directly to Step 8.
Same with me Lil'E. I didn't realize what I was getting was the prompt for step 8, but yea, step 7 did not occur.
I think I forgot a step. In any case, what you're supposed to do is you're supposed to type in the name of the song you want to convert to a .brstm. So if you named your new .wav file Battle like I did, you would type in Battle at that part.

I see what you're saying. Type in the name anyway and see what happens. If it continues on from that point, just follow the rest of the guide, the converter may have been updated since the last time I used it, no idea.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Anyway, I have it working. Tip though. For those of you using instrumentals (Like Project Chaos, a Sonic and Knuckles remix project), make the volume a bit higher, like 175 (4.86). 150% isn't enough for a lot of them.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Does Androu1's program work with Linux too? Or is it only Windows?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcEzoLzOJG8

Here's the link to the video.
It's processing now, so like five minutes from this post time it should be done.
And this IS done with volume maximized to 175%

edit: **** that was fast. Took a 27 minutes to record, edit, render, and upload to youtube. :D

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Falco400, add this to the OP. its a edited version of the kitty corp guide, theirs was a little confusing.

Stereo Instructions:

Same process as mono until the point where you save the mp3 to wav, make it 16 Bit STEREO wave instead of mono. Resample it to 32000HZ and increase volume, just like you would normally do. put it in the same folder as the tool.

but don't open the start.exe program just yet. this step must be done first. your wav has two channels (left and right) and you have to seperate left and right into individual files. If your song's wav name was COOL, you'd have to split the channels into different files, so in the end you would have COOLL.wav and COOLR.wav

i will explain how with a edited version of the kitty corp guide

Open up your edited wav. in goldwave, press Ctrl+A to select the whole thing, then press Ctrl+Shift+L to select only the left (green) channel. Press Ctrl+C to copy it. Make a new file and press Ctrl+V to paste your left channel into it. Save and close this, and do this the same for the right channel. save both and put it into the same folder as tool. now you have two new wavs, add the letter L and R to the end of the name, to the left and right channels respectively. just refer to my COOL.wav example above.

now you can launch start.bat, and hit B instead for stereo. the rest is the same.

Lil'E

Smash Apprentice
It works perfectly and loops great! M&L : Partners In Time "Final Battle" music fits so perfectly on Final Destination.

My thanks goes out to you Falco400 for the guide and PW for the code of course.

My only question now is... Is it possible to edit the names of the songs in Brawl? Instead of the old song name showing in the MY MUSIC section.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i know this has been asked already, but i forgot what the answer was; is it possible to add, say, Magic Carpet Ride by Stepenwolf as a song?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's currently being worked on. We can hopefully expect it soon.

FrozenPopo: Check the bottom of the OP.

Revven

FrankerZ
My only question now is... Is it possible to edit the names of the songs in Brawl? Instead of the old song name showing in the MY MUSIC section.
That has to deal with textures, people haven't cracked it yet on how to edit the text like that. I believe there's a thread already on here on trying to figure it out, feel free to join in on that discussion to get it rolling.

And thanks Ozz, the problem for me was definitely how they explained it which is why I excluded it (and never do it myself lol).

Revven

FrankerZ
you got a way for mac?
The only way for Mac would either be Boot Camp (a partitioned drive in other words, that has Windows on the other part of the drive) or use Wine for Mac, which as I recall correctly doesn't really work right (not 100% sure). I run a Mac and I do the first option. There is no easy way to use it on a Mac.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I'm too broke for a Mac lol.
EDIT: I got it to work finally:)

Alright, instruction time:
1. Download WINE and Androu1's program if you don't already have them.
2. Extract the .rar file into you virtual C drives Desktop.
3. Copy and paste the two .dll's from the Copy to System folder to you virtual C drives system32 folder.
4. Find cmd.exe in the system32 folder and open it.
5. Change directories to the Androu1 folder.
6. Make sure you have some brstm's in the OriginalSongs folder and type Start.bat in the command box.
7. If you did it right it should work.
Enjoy

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
Is anyone having this problem? Replacing music works fine normally for me, but if I'm using anything that has custom textures at the same time the game will freeze. When I select a stage with a custom song selected, I get that annoying beep, only sometimes it's very quiet. The only codes I have on are File Patch 3.2a, unrestricted pause camera, and unlimited replay time, and I'm using GeckoOS 1.9 I believe.

EDIT: I just found out that it's textures in general that won't work. The CSPs don't freeze the game, but using a character with a custom texture will cause the game to freeze with a quiet beep after selecting the stage. A stage with a custom texture will cause the game to freeze with the beep we're all familiar with.

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: I just found out that it's textures in general that won't work. The CSPs don't freeze the game, but using a character with a custom texture will cause the game to freeze with a quiet beep after selecting the stage. A stage with a custom texture will cause the game to freeze with the beep we're all familiar with.
Hmm... that's odd. For me, only the stage textures work with the custom music. Any character texture being loaded would just freeze the game shortly after the stage select.

Anywho, this is too good but I'll wait out a bit until the character textures are compatible with the music.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is anyone having this problem? Replacing music works fine normally for me, but if I'm using anything that has custom textures at the same time the game will freeze. When I select a stage with a custom song selected, I get that annoying beep, only sometimes it's very quiet. The only codes I have on are File Patch 3.2a, unrestricted pause camera, and unlimited replay time, and I'm using GeckoOS 1.9 I believe.

Hmm... that's odd. For me, only the stage textures work with the custom music. Any character texture being loaded would just freeze the game shortly after the stage select.

Anywho, this is too good but I'll wait out a bit until the character textures are compatible with the music.
The video GwJumpman posted seems to say otherwise. He plays on Sky Sanctuary (Green Hill Zone texture) and has FOUR Sonics that are all textured while his new custom music is playing (Breathtaking Vision from Project Chaos) and the video lasts for 5+ minutes and finishes just fine. I am going to tell you two to try removing some of your textures and see if that fixes the problem, as some texturss COULD be causing issues (which has happened before with the older code, where some texturs froze on entrance to the stage/match). The code clearly works with textures given GwJumpman's video.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Hey all. Thanks for the guide it works wonders. The only problem is that my game freezes nearly every match. My friends and I want to enjoy brawl+ but also want custom music, stages and character costumes. Greedy, I know....but we hope for the best. Is there any advice, tips or don't-dos we should all be aware of? Thanks a hoot.

Revven

FrankerZ
Um, it shouldn't be freezing. It may be the textures you're using, try removing a few. Or you could still be using 3.1, upgrade to 3.2.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Falco, you should add the video I posted to the OP so we don't get as many people asking if textures can be used too. It's bound to happen.

Revven

FrankerZ
In the OP, I clearly state that code works with textures as well but also state to be wary of bugs as it's a fairly new code. So, yeah... I think that gets it across just fine.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Yeah im getting random freezes on stage select. And i think im using 3.2 cause i got the code from this thread yesterday. But at one point i was playing with a textured character, textured stage and custom music and no freezing. it seems to be random.

its not my textures cause there was no freezing when i used the old code before this music stuff came out

my custom music files are fine cause i can play them all in My Music.... maybe the code is just really buggy

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by josegallardo89
***WARNING*** - There are rumors that constant streaming (more specifically, music streaming) through an SD Card can deteriorate the lifespan of an SD Card. Neither I or Phantom know whether this is true or not. Use the music replacement method at your own risk! -
This is the only thing that's keeping me from using this, hehe. So...
What's music streaming? And how do I prevent doing so? I really don't want my SD Card to die on me. I gotta be sure...
Would too many brtsm's in the SD Card "deteriorate" my SD Card?
Sorry for dumb questions. :urg:

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, it's fairly new, so it's to be expected. The original File Replacement went through a lot of fixes to get it working (and that was just textures) and bug free so I'm not at all surprised if the lot of you experience freezes.

jokey665

Smash Ace
I've been getting intermittent freezes with 3.2a. I can usually play 5~6 matches before it happens, and it's always happened mid-match so far.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Wow, it keeps freezing when I pick the white costume for ROB. And i deleted all my ROB textures. but it works if i pick a textured MK. lol wtfs going on.

can anyone with this code and custom music please do this: pick rob, pick his white costume and pick a stage, tell me if it loads up?

guess we just gotta wait for fixes

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... So it looks like most of the bugs are being reported here huh.

I need as much information on these bugs as I can get.(specifically the freezing bugs.) So can I ask everyone who experiences these bugs to PM me a message concerning the circumstances of the incident? Try and include as much as you can, such as:

-Characters in the match
-Textures that are applied to the situation(this includes items, stages, pokemon/ATs, and Final Smashes.)
-Current music track being played.
-What items were on during the match.
-What items were present at the time of the incident(goes double if a Smashball, pokeball, or assist tropy was present.)

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to fix everything up soon.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Holy crap, a music code! I must say that myself and many others have waited for this day.

Quick question though. Let's say I wanted to play brawl+ with this code on. Would it be possible for me to make my own gct with the text files on both and have it work?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Thanks. I noticed that the latest nightly build also runs this code. You guys are awesome.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Hmm... So it looks like most of the bugs are being reported here huh.

I need as much information on these bugs as I can get.(specifically the freezing bugs.) So can I ask everyone who experiences these bugs to PM me a message concerning the circumstances of the incident? Try and include as much as you can, such as:

-Characters in the match
-Textures that are applied to the situation(this includes items, stages, pokemon/ATs, and Final Smashes.)
-Current music track being played.
-What items were on during the match.
-What items were present at the time of the incident(goes double if a Smashball, pokeball, or assist tropy was present.)

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to fix everything up soon.
Certain ROB/Ganondorf/Peach/Sonic/Lucario/Ike/PT/Falco textures were not working for me. I deleted all my ROB textures and it still freezes when I select White ROB and pick a stage. I chose FD and FDs default tracks being replaced by my custom music. They all looped fine in My Music. All items were off.

Smash Apprentice
Someone (I forgot who, sorry :() mentioned in another thread that the freeze occurs with custom battle portraits. So I removed the info, menu, and system folder off my pf and it happens to be true. I've been playing dozens of rounds [even with character textures] and no freezes. Although there could be a few textures in my set that could cause freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom