• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royisaboy

Smash Rookie
I have uploaded some Roy textures and such and such and the Red sword swings are working, but when I use the outfit, it freezes after I choose my stage...

Aznpooface

Smash Rookie
Ya sorry to ask but i have a problem. The guide tells me to put the file replacement gct (RSBE01) into the "codes" folder thats located in the root of the sd card. But there is already another "codes" folder that has a GCT file with the same name in it, which was the file that was required so I could launch Brawl + in the first place. I don't know how to put the file replacement gct in there and help would be appreciated, thx.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ya sorry to ask but i have a problem. The guide tells me to put the file replacement gct (RSBE01) into the "codes" folder thats located in the root of the sd card. But there is already another "codes" folder that has a GCT file with the same name in it, which was the file that was required so I could launch Brawl + in the first place. I don't know how to put the file replacement gct in there and help would be appreciated, thx.
Sorry but this is just too funny. If you want textures with Brawl+, export the codes together...... You can find the code file. Now, you cannot run these two .gct's together. So either export the codes together or rename one of them and have the RSBE01.gct one be active.

UncleSam

Smash Master
just a few things to point out:
-Flat Zone 2 freezes when chosen(while using Character Textures)
-Game&Watch does have texture hacks but fitgamewatch00.pcs works for all colors(still trying to figure that out)

illWill

Smash Rookie
I did a quick search in the Smash Workshop but I couldn't find the answer to the following question.

How can you extract the portrait files (tga) from a texture pack? A little while ago I downloaded a collection of Textures and Select Screen & Battle portraits, and now I wanna build my own custom pack. But I have no clue how to EXTRACT the portraits! I know there's gotta be a guide on how to create a portrait, but I don't wanna be taking snapshots when more than half of the portraits are already in a set I downloaded and use every week. The only files in the pack, aside from the textures (pcs/pac), are some MenSelchrFaceB### and the common5.pac. There are no TGAs anywhere.

I have the Cupash program with the NTcompress and TexConv files so can someone tell me what to do please? The Cupash guide doesn't say anything about what I want to do.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did a quick search in the Smash Workshop but I couldn't find the answer to the following question.

How can you extract the portrait files (tga) from a texture pack? A little while ago I downloaded a collection of Textures and Select Screen & Battle portraits, and now I wanna build my own custom pack. But I have no clue how to EXTRACT the portraits! I know there's gotta be a guide on how to create a portrait, but I don't wanna be taking snapshots when more than half of the portraits are already in a set I downloaded and use every week. The only files in the pack, aside from the textures (pcs/pac), are some MenSelchrFaceB### and the common5.pac. There are no TGAs anywhere.

I have the Cupash program with the NTcompress and TexConv files so can someone tell me what to do please? The Cupash guide doesn't say anything about what I want to do.
First, you need to place common5.pac into the neededfiles folder. Then you'll have to run step 1 to extract the big portraits from the file.

If there are any small portraits that you want to do, you'll need a series of files called InfFace###.brres. Place those files in the neededfiles folder and run step 1 to extract the files.

Once step 1 is done, you should get the big portrait files from common5.pac, and the small portrait files from the InfFace###.brres files.

Between you and me though, my texture pack does contain the TarGA images for my textures. You still need CUPASH though if you want to use them yourself.

illWill

Smash Rookie
First, you need to place common5.pac into the neededfiles folder. Then you'll have to run step 1 to extract the big portraits from the file.

If there are any small portraits that you want to do, you'll need a series of files called InfFace###.brres. Place those files in the neededfiles folder and run step 1 to extract the files.

Once step 1 is done, you should get the big portrait files from common5.pac, and the small portrait files from the InfFace###.brres files.

Between you and me though, my texture pack does contain the TarGA images for my textures. You still need CUPASH though if you want to use them yourself.

Thanks for the answer. I'm building the pack as I write :)
BTW, where is your texture pack so I can download it? You probably have the textures that Kitty Corp took down like Charizard's Giratina & Lugia. Freaking Stack Smash hasn't upload them yet; they don't even have a section for individual pokemon textures in STUFFZ.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thanks for the answer. I'm building the pack as I write :)
BTW, where is your texture pack so I can download it? You probably have the textures that Kitty Corp took down like Charizard's Giratina & Lugia. Freaking Stack Smash hasn't upload them yet; they don't even have a section for individual pokemon textures in STUFFZ.
The link to my texture pack changes whenever I update the file. You can find my texture pack download by going to the Kitty Corp. forums and then heading to my custom textures thread. The thread link is below.

Just keep note that you can't view my custom textures thread unless you're a registered member of the forums. Also, the texture pack is a .zip file.

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=yourtexturehacks&action=display&thread=1101

illWill

Smash Rookie
The link to my texture pack changes whenever I update the file. You can find my texture pack download by going to the Kitty Corp. forums and then heading to my custom textures thread. The thread link is below.

Just keep note that you can't view my custom textures thread unless you're a registered member of the forums. Also, the texture pack is a .zip file.

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=yourtexturehacks&action=display&thread=1101
Thanks for the info and the help before. One thing I forgot to mention is that I had to rename the "common5.pac" into "common5_en.pac". Which is weird because when I did it as common5.pac it actually displayed a warning message saying I was going to "modify" a texture pack, whereas common5_en.pac just said a bunch of stuff I didn't even understand...

Now, I'm gonna download to see what you got ;)

Aestter

Smash Rookie
is there a PAL version of the file management code yet because I've got all the files and it's the only thing left that I need. < Just to quote Pitt from SSBB, "My files aren't ready yet!" >

Xeras

Smash Rookie
Alright so I have a problem.

My buddy just sent me all the codes including working textures at least on his wii for Brawl+ I set everything up in 4.0 (or 4.1 whatever the new one is) and everything works but the textures. Things like static Spear Pillar and the Wii Waiting room New Pork all work and yet the textures will not load. Any help is great please respond both in thread and in PM if you have a solution just so it will get to me faster. Thank you

Teh JeY

Smash Rookie
It seems the texture hack code (2.1a) doesn't work for me! I'm certain I have the correct directory (copy and pasted it looks like "H:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter"), and all the character folders are in there and titled right. Also, I'm sure i have the file titled right ("H:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\ganon\FitGanon00.pcs")

I put the code in the code manager, exported a .gct and booted Brawl with Gecko OS 1.9.0.1, and it says "SD codes found. Applying..." and everything. But, I get into brawl, choose Gannondorf, and my texture doesn't appear. None of the textures I unzipped did.

Does it matter if there are other files in the character folders (I put the .zip files directly there and just unzipped + renamed)? Is there actually another code I have to have active? Is it not compatible with SDHC/ System Menu 4.0? I'm not sure, I've looked at all the FAQs and Videos, and nothing I've done seems to have worked.

EDIT: that's strange, when I look at the post, "FitGanon00.pcs" has a space between the 'o' and the 'n', but when I press Edit, it's not there, and a backspace just deletes the 'o' o_o

("H:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin\FitPurin00.pcs") - Test - it does the same thing >_> but only with the parenthesis/quotes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems the texture hack code (2.1a) doesn't work for me! I'm certain I have the correct directory (copy and pasted it looks like "H:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter"), and all the character folders are in there and titled right. Also, I'm sure i have the file titled right ("H:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\ganon\FitGanon00.pcs")

I put the code in the code manager, exported a .gct and booted Brawl with Gecko OS 1.9.0.1, and it says "SD codes found. Applying..." and everything. But, I get into brawl, choose Gannondorf, and my texture doesn't appear. None of the textures I unzipped did.

Does it matter if there are other files in the character folders (I put the .zip files directly there and just unzipped + renamed)? Is there actually another code I have to have active? Is it not compatible with SDHC/ System Menu 4.0? I'm not sure, I've looked at all the FAQs and Videos, and nothing I've done seems to have worked.

EDIT: that's strange, when I look at the post, "FitGanon00.pcs" has a space between the 'o' and the 'n', but when I press Edit, it's not there, and a backspace just deletes the 'o' o_o

("H:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\purin\FitPurin00.pcs") - Test - it does the same thing >_> but only with the parenthesis/quotes.
Is your card an SDHC card? If it is, then that's the reason why your textures are not working.

Brawl does not support SDHC cards, even if your System Menu is 4.0. You have to use a standard SD card (2 GB or less) in order to use character textures.

Buster Call

Smash Rookie
What do I do about .rar files when trying to add a texture to a character? I know it's not the right file type but many texture sites I keep downloading from have most downloads in this format. What can I do to change the file type or make .rar work?

Teh JeY

Smash Rookie
SDHC would be it - I should've figured that, but i assumed since Gecko and etc is compatible, it would ignore that brawl was incompatible. Thanks for clarifying though.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Anyone know where the PAL codes went?:confused:

I

It's a forum thing, it does it with long strings of text to avoid stretching the page.

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I didn't read the 100+ pages looking for the answer, but what's all this about NTSC? I have code manager but how do I know what to put in it?

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
I put the first line as the game name, the lines of code in the code contents and the last line in the comments. Is that right if I export it?

edit: Nope, it says "no codes selected"...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm using Wii 4.0 and it's not working even though I have everything in the right places. Help?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
csps are not in the actual CSS. they are the pictures that you see when you switch costumes on the character select screen.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I know what they are... I mean, if you add them to your CSS then they show up on the screen as their non-alloy base characters. Can you create a custom CSP for them to make them show up as alloys, or can you not make CSPs for them since they technically are never supposed to be chosen?

I just ask because if you hack ZSS, Sheik, and independent Pokemon into the CSS then they have working CSPs, but then again they are real characters. I'm wondering if the alloys even have the same data since they are not "real" characters.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I know what they are... I mean, if you add them to your CSS then they show up on the screen as their non-alloy base characters. Can you create a custom CSP for them to make them show up as alloys, or can you not make CSPs for them since they technically are never supposed to be chosen?

I just ask because if you hack ZSS, Sheik, and independent Pokemon into the CSS then they have working CSPs, but then again they are real characters. I'm wondering if the alloys even have the same data since they are not "real" characters.
Nope, you cannot make a custom CSP for alloys because they are not a part of common5.pac

In common5.pac there are protraits for each character, and you do see each one of them in the game whether through the men brres's or you may not recognize one as a portrait, but you do see all. However, you cannot add a portrait for something that doesn't exist.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Quick yes or no question

Code:
Samus
00-Original
01-Pink
02-Green
03-Fusion/Blue
04-Gravity Suit/Purple
05-Dark Suit/Black
Do these apply the same for Zero Suit Samus textures? szerosuit folder to be exact.
I didn't see it in the first post so I just wondered. :dizzy:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Now, how exactly does this code work?

I know it searches the SD card for your Fit<Character><colorscheme>.[pac/pcs] files, but the main question is when does it do so? Is it before or after looking for it on the disk?

The reason I ask is because I might try making a FitZakoBoy01-05 with variations on the red scheme, but if the game will still reject it, I won't bother.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Now, how exactly does this code work?

I know it searches the SD card for your Fit<Character><colorscheme>.[pac/pcs] files, but the main question is when does it do so? Is it before or after looking for it on the disk?

The reason I ask is because I might try making a FitZakoBoy01-05 with variations on the red scheme, but if the game will still reject it, I won't bother.
I don't mess with the Fighting Alloy textures, but I can tell you this much. Before heading to the stage select screen, wait for your Wii to stop making buzzing noises. Once it has stopped buzzing, your textures should work once you start the match.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Well, the other reason I'm asking about it is because if it can be done, it would allow me to add them back into the Random possibilities on a CSS, plus give them 'team' colors.

However, all of it hinges on knowing exactly at what point this code kicks in and loads the data from the card.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have a bowser texture from ]EE[ via stacksmash, but every texture i've tried for bowser thus far as been ineffective. i've tried textures from Kitty Corp. and only one worked.... is it possibly a problem with the files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom