• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Peppers

Smash Rookie
I am having no luck putting skins on zero suite samus... got everyone else I want working. Do I put her skins in Samus' folder? In her folder? What number/tag do you use for the basic zero suite setup (without changing colors)... Thanks :)

Menko

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I've gotten all my textures to work. However, now when I end a match in freezes on a black screen. It started after I got "MasterLinkx" texture pack thing. I'm not sure if since he has an NTSC version there's a file stuffing me up somewhere (I'm in NZ, so use PAL), or maybe there's simply too many textures? Any help would be highly appreciated.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Your using an NTSC version on a PAL system and you don't know what the problem is? Sorry man but you set yourself up for that.

Also, for some reason, some colors just cannot be replaced. i.e. Jiggly Puffs green color & I believe DK's green as well cause the game to freeze if you replace their colors with custom textures. That might be a problem.

And so far, there is no limit to how many textures you can have.

(lolz 1 sentence paragraphing.) Your problem might be that the texture pack came with a stage texture for the results screen and it doesn't work, that's the most logical explanation I can think of, seeing it only freezes after a match o.O Hope this helps.

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
I have a 4GB SDHC card and a 2GB SD card, they both have the exact same files for HomeBrew. My texture hacks don't work on the 4GB card but they work finely on my 2GB card. why is this? quick answer is appreciated

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I have a 4GB SDHC card and a 2GB SD card, they both have the exact same files for HomeBrew. My texture hacks don't work on the 4GB card but they work finely on my 2GB card. why is this? quick answer is appreciated
simple answer is that brawl won't work with SDHC (anything > 2gb) cards.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I have a question about the music editor thingy

Step 9: All songs always start off at 0, so type 0. The second part is asking for the end, now, there should be a file in Androu1's tool folder called "length.txt" that should have showed up. Open it up and type the length part of the text file in (it should be clearly labeled and in samples form). If the length.txt does not show up, you can always reopen Goldwave and look at the Set looping button (two vertical lines and a yellow question mark), it will give you the end length of your edited song in samples (make sure it is in samples) type that in and hit enter.

I didnt get the length.txt file so i went back to goldwave and found the area where it says:

start: 0
Finish: 2317884

i took that long number and added it to the "start.bat" and replaced the X02 file(brawl menu theme). It said it created X02.brstm and its in the edit song folder

and its not there.....

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Menko

Smash Rookie
Your using an NTSC version on a PAL system and you don't know what the problem is? Sorry man but you set yourself up for that.
The hope was, by saying that, that one of you guys might be able to help me get some PAL files instead.

While I'm posting. Any of you guys know any info on getting CSPs to work on PAL? I've been searching it up, but no progress. I can't find any info on it at all. Apart from me needing to replace "common5.pac" with "sc_selcharacter_en.pac". But I can't find that file, or where to put it in my SD card.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I asked this in the Q&A thread but I got no answer.

I made my own custom texture for ZSS's second costume, but the body texture doesn't work. The face, hair, and eye textures work, but for some odd reason the body one doesn't work, she just shows up pure white. I used SmashBox for importing the textures, if that's a problem.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
How long does it take to get a new code version out? I really want the mu_menumain to work... :(

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is there a limit on the file size of a brstm that you can load through the SD loading code? Does playing larger files "damage" the Wii more than smaller files, or does the size not matter at all?

gmaster999

Smash Rookie
I still can't get any textures to work

:confused:Is it bad if you have the homebrew channel installer and wii game save files saved on the sd card?
I've been trying this for a while with the most recent code for NTSC, correct file paths and everything, but when I load Brawl from Gecko it doesn't say 'loading codes' or anything like that and I get nothing. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Should "File Replacment: v2.1a[Phantom Wings]" and "2.1a - Fixes all previous issues + you no longer need the other codes" be excluded from the code contents or not, and does anything have to be in the comments box?

gmaster999

Smash Rookie
Okay I think I actually got it working now. Didn't know you have to specifically have the characters's name in the file in between 'Fit' and the number.

Haha, now I have to deal with all these messed up .rar files that I changed before finding out that they're zipped files. >_< I was thinking, can you put a text file in the character's folder with notes of which file is which texture without it interfering?

gmaster999

Smash Rookie
Ok, never mind that last question.

For Pokemon Trainer's final smash, does the file name have to be in any specific format?

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
Okay, so I've got the stage hacks working, but (and this is prolly me bring stupid) how do I get the stage creator stages to load up? What name do I assign them?

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
I followed all the directions and it's not working. GeckOS finds the codes and it says applying then the game boots up but it won't actually work. Is it a problem if I'm using an 8 GB micro SD card with an adapter to store the codes?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
that's like way too strong of an sd card.

wait, micro sd? How is a micro sd a 8 gb?

It needs to be a regular sd card. Just 2gb to 1 gb

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
Darn. That kinda sucks. But oh well. Guess I'm going to get a stupid 2gb card. Thanks.
There is an SDHC gecko os, but the problem is that super smash brothers doesn't support sdhc, but because the new system menu supports sdhc, maybe newer games might support it so you might be able to use it with those newer games.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I followed all the directions and it's not working. GeckOS finds the codes and it says applying then the game boots up but it won't actually work. Is it a problem if I'm using an 8 GB micro SD card with an adapter to store the codes?
If Falco still looks at this topic, may I reccommend that he edit two things into the first post. The names of the three custom stage pac. files, and also the fact that you have to use a 2gb or lower SD card since brawl doesn't recognize anything higher than that.

gmaster999

Smash Rookie
Has anybody known any problems with any Lucario textures? It might be coincidence, but it seems like my game freezes when I select him on the character selection screen or try to watch a replay with him in it.

Gravimite

Smash Rookie
Music replacement

Hey guys. I've been doing some of the character texture and stage texture edits but I'm stumped on the Music edits.

I'm confused as to where the code for the music goes, and what else is supposed to go with it? I make it into the .gct file with Code manager but it's only 1KB as oppose to the code in the "Code" folder which is 11kb. I'm using the pre-set code since I've gotten all my information and help from his forum.

Just wondering where I place the music texture patch and what I do with it. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Gravimite

SDrootWii\Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\sound\strm

convert mp3 using BCSM-GUIv1.5

i got it here http://blog.dantarion.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=8

replace song name with the name of the spot you want it

example: Pink_so_what.mp3=A09.brstm for swap out of the 4th on luigi's mansion

now load the File Patch Code v3.5.1: [Phantom Wings] .gct

and go into 'options>my music' and check that the 4th song was replaced you have to push play on the tune and pump up the power bar for that song to occour more often then the rest

need other links or .gct pm me.

: playhard,modsoft:

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Okay, not exactly on topic, but whenever I try to index my TGAs, they won't save indexed and I can't have CSP. Any help?
i found that Kryal's smashbox is best for CSP's, 'blows cupash out the water'
no indexing required , transparent is transparent, no magenta.
and it has many options, for saving colors and 'save as' .pac or.pac with any real labor at all.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hiyyntmnfrn

i would !swear here! recommend SMASHBOX to the world
im old, an new to this texture thing and never had a pc class...
....but this thread (below) did me rite the whole way
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238861

i done over 300 csps, all infacebrres, items, several times i done the 'put wriststrap on your wrist' screen at game loading entrence , i done characters replacment in pac from pcs, changed player icon, changed 'P1' to 'Me' , edited finalsmashes ,maps, names ,moved textures from character.00 to character.04,any texture done with ease with SMASHBOX. and it even extracts tunes.
i cant beleive , in a few weeks and redone characters even made a few customs with it
(my avatar is 1 of 4 characters i have made so far with smashbox,all downloadable on my profile page...not an advert for my texture but an AdVERTISMENT FOR SMASHBOX)

for doing CSP's
i use
.png format saved as interlaced
with real transpaent background.. works with paint, gimp and photchop (cs3 i use)

SMASHBOX ROX

you shouldnt have any trouble with samshbox just use .png, delete your magenta from csp's.TGA or they show up pink in game

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Export the textures in smashbox as truevision targa. Then open them up and do whatever the hell you want. Finally, use smashbox to replace the textures.

It also allows me to preserve the brawl+ pacs while using my effect textures.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Thank You!!!

EDIT: Wait, how come I can't open a true vision targa? It's not supported, and nothing comes up. D:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I know this has probably been asked many times, but when I open the code manager, what do I put in each slot? It always says I have no code in no matter which box I put it in.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
I know this has probably been asked many times, but when I open the code manager, what do I put in each slot? It always says I have no code in no matter which box I put it in.
add code to a note pad.txt call it RSBE01.TXT (or whatever)
and then open the RSBE01.TXT by clicking on the file tab in codemanager and navigate to the RSBE01.TXT

then all will be revealed

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Time runs and there is not a PAL port for the File Replacement 3.X, and there has been like two months since the last update for this code (3.5.1) so waiting for it to be completed to make it PAL is no more an argument.

I don't know what's about Phantom Wings, Paprika Killer and all the other hackers who once before ported every codes almost instantly. What's up now? Should we have to be loud about this? I think PAL users have waited pretty patiently, but sure we can make a thread to collect signs or something, though that's rather pathetic imho. I'm sure that's unnecessary.

I know there are PAL users who don't need music hacks, it's not really that important, of course, but it's a great hack and I want it, like many other users. I've been entering to this forum lately just to check if there has been any port, not only File Replacement 3.X, also some other codes that are fun like colored shields or CSS fixes that haven't been ported neither and I think it was necessary this warning.

I'm not blaming anyone, so please don't take this just as a whine post, it's just that we are still alive and want these "new" codes too.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Anyone wanna see my first texture? I call it "Lifeless "Prince." It's for Marth. I'm still working out a few tweaks. I'll post pictures in a bit. :D

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
already posted this in the database but w/e.

Anyone wanna see my first texture? I call it "Lifeless "Prince." It's for Marth. I'm still working out a few tweaks. I'll post pictures in a bit. :D

EDIT: pics up :D

(Note: the red eyes only happen when he has a final smash; same with the glow. However, the eye veins are always there)

If I could, I'd edit his eyes so they are normally black n' white, but ASH won't let me D:

Download link in a sec :D

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMTIQ9JZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom