• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

otg

Smash Master
Hell no, Dave is my boy and has been for awhile now. You're thinking of the 2008 TFS metagame, back when we were all terrible and we used to **** talk Banana Bread for some reason. ****, I remember when Banana Bread existed and Roman used to play and what not.... man, such a long time ago now.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
word, zoso is the LoL homie.

also, i have off monday-wednesday and i have the itch. hit me up if anything goes down, want to start dusting off in time for pound.

otg

Smash Master
I know that tomorrow is the last day to Pre-Reg, and I'm also figuring out my school schedule tomorrow, so I'm pretty much going to decide..... tomorrow lollll. I know that Sol and Phish-it were talking about going down there with the Mariner and renting a hotel room, so it is very very possible for us to make this happen. Still tho, I kinda get the impression that after this No Johns next week, I'm going to be a lil smashed out.

Prog if we're playing this week you will be the first to know. I'm keeping this controller tho.

CaptainPREQ

Smash Rookie
I thought TFS ****talked about Zoso all the time?

Or am I lost?
HAB, you are far from lost, my friend. TFS trash talks everyone whether they are good or bad. Problem is...when one of the players that we **** on beats us in public, we have to stop **** talking them for a while. Rest assured, in a few weeks zoso will likely be **** on again...by otg....in public......literally

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hmm, I think I could make the No John's. I would definitely like to play Zoso, but he's so far away generally.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
I got hacked melee up and running, I officially have the dopest melee set up in all of tristate.

I think I main Marth now.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You're welcome to try. But I have solid Falcon practice, living in the same region as Falcon players such as g-regulate, Thumbswayup, Skyheart, Voodoo, Wenbo, ChRed2AKrisp and others, and playing them all regularly.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
You're welcome to try. But I have solid Falcon practice, living in the same region as Falcon players such as g-regulate, Thumbswayup, Skyheart, Voodoo, Wenbo, and others.
Wow they all sound good, the only good falcon players Iv lived around are Silent Spectre and Hax.

PS I like 4 stocked voodoo in dittos and I'm pretty sure I was ****ting on chard at pound, although I'm not sure it was him

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You're missing the point. I don't play Falcon. Your experience vs Falcon has no merit against me.

The only way you're beating me is if you know how to fight a good ICs player, which is something I highly doubt.

Edit: Also, Voodoo exchanges tournament sets with Vist, who has beaten Chu the last two times they have met in Grand Finals. Your odds of beating Voodoo in a set are, I'd say, about 10 to 1.

Voodoo has beaten Chu's Pikachu in multiple money matches, 3 stocking him at least once. Good luck doing that.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I've met Chu numerous times in tournament. I think I know how to play ICs better than J-Flo by now, if even only by osmosis, but mostly by analyzing what he does live and applying it myself.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
I've met Chu numerous times in tournament. I think I know how to play ICs better than J-Flo by now, if even only by osmosis, but mostly by analyzing what he does live and applying it myself.
Did he lube you up and **** you?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
What is even happening?

I thought you played Fox, Joe? Or is am I just remembering horribly incorrectly from Princeton? Or maybe I'm confusing you with someone else entirely? Oh crap if I am.

Also, thank you for the vote of confidence in the results thread, Max. I really do appreciate all those times that you have given them.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
@ Mikael: I played Fox a year ago.

I started ICs last summer.

@ R00R: Also - I made it out of 1st Round pools at Apex after only having played ICs for a few months.

And J-Flo didn't.

And the difference between me at Apex and now is vast.

Just saying.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ahh, ok. I see, that's awesome. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't recalling somebody else thinking it was you, ha ha.

I'm always glad to see more IC's players. I think that character is seriously way underrepresented for how good they can be. Any particular reason you switched to them?

otg

Smash Master
Wow you guys are ****ing ********.

You're missing the point. I don't play Falcon. Your experience vs Falcon has no merit against me.

The only way you're beating me is if you know how to fight a good ICs player, which is something I highly doubt.

Edit: Also, Voodoo exchanges tournament sets with Vist, who has beaten Chu the last two times they have met in Grand Finals. Your odds of beating Voodoo in a set are, I'd say, about 10 to 1.

Voodoo has beaten Chu's Pikachu in multiple money matches, 3 stocking him at least once. Good luck doing that.
Oh boy, I don't even know where to start. Assuming that Tommy has no Icies experience is reasonable to extent, but saying that he can't beat you otherwise is ********. Even if he does't have matchup experience, he can still outplay you. You're also sleeping on Tommy dumb hard here, kid is beast as ****. 10 to 1? Gtfo, from playing you MD/VA people last summer, y'all are way behind and we've only gotten like 50 times better.

Also, hyping up voodoo by saying that he's beaten Chu's pikachu in MM's really means nothing at all once again. Vist beating Chu and people is definitely impressive, but it's Luigi so who gives a ****?

Lol, you guys are ********. WNY from deep.
Yeah these guys are pretty ****ing ********. Vicious, I look forward to inevitably ****** you.

I made it out of 1st Round pools at Apex after only having played ICs for a few months.

And J-Flo didn't.

And the difference between me at Apex and now is vast.

Just saying.
You also know that J-Flo has been all but retired since he graduated in like May of 09 right? And once again, saying you made it out of round 1 pools REALLY doesn't help your case in making you look like a good opponent lol.

Man, Im ****ing hating right now. I need to sleep.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Ahh, ok. I see, that's awesome. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't recalling somebody else thinking it was you, ha ha.

I'm always glad to see more IC's players. I think that character is seriously way underrepresented for how good they can be. Any particular reason you switched to them?
They were my best character after a month or so of using them as a secondary. Never looked back after that. :)

Oh boy, I don't even know where to start. Assuming that Tommy has no Icies experience is reasonable to extent, but saying that he can't beat you otherwise is ********. Even if he does't have matchup experience, he can still outplay you. You're also sleeping on Tommy dumb hard here, kid is beast as ****. 10 to 1? Gtfo, from playing you MD/VA people last summer, y'all are way behind and we've only gotten like 50 times better.
I didn't say that him not having matchup experience was the determining factor. It's that coupled with my extensive Falcon practice. ;)

Sure, we may not have many top players, but those we have are as skilled as NY players any day (namely Chillin, Chu, Tope, Cyrain, Vist, Plank, Redd, Voodoo, Boss, and Thumbs).

Also, hyping up voodoo by saying that he's beaten Chu's pikachu in MM's really means nothing at all once again. Vist beating Chu and people is definitely impressive, but it's Luigi so who gives a ****?
Luigi is not a good character. But Vist consistently performs well at nationals as well as locals. Anyway, my point was just that he's really good. Who cares about the ICs vs Luigi matchup? If he's beating Chillin, he's doing something right. :ohwell:

Voodoo is also incredibly good and undiscovered (and would give you the business, by the way). ;)

You also know that J-Flo has been all but retired since he graduated in like May of 09 right? And once again, saying you made it out of round 1 pools REALLY doesn't help your case in making you look like a good opponent lol.
Okay. I'll concede this point. But I'm just trying to find some standard to back my skill. If me telling you I've taken tournament matches off Plank and g-reg doesn't do it, I have to turn to something else.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Looking like Inui out there

SUPER LATE EDIT

Chival no ones was challenging you or talking **** about you, I don't know why you feel the need to come on this thread and spout your record around like anyone gives a ****.

Max pretty much already pointed out your compounding lapses in reason, but just to reiterate...

Placings, especially at nationals, don't really mean **** till your making money. Its all who you beat and who you lose to. Just because you made it out of some ****ty pool at Apex and someone didn't make it out of an entirely different pool in no way defines who which one of you is better.

Also remember that time I **** on you at Rom2 team pools?

DIP

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
i just might be down for that. i have an interview wednesday mornin and going to buy olaf.

Top Bottom