• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

Max?

Smash Champion
I think Heavy Brick/Wood is good if you have access to one of the ports. Especially since those resources aren't really necessary late game, having excess amounts to trade in protects your actual important resources from the robber, and allows you flexibility in getting more resources that you actually need later on.

Also, I may be up to FNNNA tonight, most likely tomorrow tho.

Max?

Smash Champion
Boys.

If there was ever a time where I needed to FNNNA and hang out with all of you, it's right now. Tommy, I'm coming thru.

This might be one of the only genuine posts I have on this website.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Anyone up to FNNNA this weekend? My offer still stands if people wanna come party tonight.

Also, for the Catan junkies out there. I played a game online last night where I placed my two starting settlements on fantastic sheep/ore/wheat spots that all had different numbers and did nothing but go for development cards. Needless to say, this strategy was incredibly effective and it makes me question if it's even worth going for other resources.
The two winning strategies are to only go for roads/settlements or developement cards. Better to only focus on just one of those strats, cuz theyres no point in mixing and matching and going for both.

If you find two good spots for brick and wood, and can get either sheep or wheat when necessary for settlements focus on building a ****ton of roads and settlements whenever you can.

If you get a good spot for the ore/sheep/wheat then hit up those developement cards. Ores really important if yu go for that strat

also being close to a port at the beginning of a resource you're going to have an abundance of is beast too. 2:1 deals make it mad easy to build whatever the *** yu want.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
The two winning strategies are to only go for roads/settlements or developement cards. Better to only focus on just one of those strats, cuz theyres no point in mixing and matching and going for both.

If you find two good spots for brick and wood, and can get either sheep or wheat when necessary for settlements focus on building a ****ton of roads and settlements whenever you can.

If you get a good spot for the ore/sheep/wheat then hit up those developement cards. Ores really important if yu go for that strat

also being close to a port at the beginning of a resource you're going to have an abundance of is beast too. 2:1 deals make it mad easy to build whatever the *** yu want.
This kid absolutely the MOST intellectual person I've ever seen. A ****in' legit GENIUS. SO ****in' smart. Yedi...the new wisdom tree????

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
i'm late, but yo, hit me up for fests. my new job has me training until early june so i have weekends off and a 9-5 during the week. trying to get that zenith/possiblegenesis2 training in as much as possible, mwf are best days.

[prog sweatshirt]

Max?

Smash Champion
Oh dip? Prog I think we're playing at PC's tomorrow, and it's going to be a big fest. You should come out. That goes for Nando/Hbk as well.

Also Yedi, you're right, I'm not opposed to the road/settlement strategy, but it seems like there is more risk involved in it. It's awesome you're good at Catan tho, even more reason to come out and chill

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Alright so how about that fest tomorrow :D remember i cant have too many people over (5-6 people). I have 3 big CRTs in my basement now so i just need two more cubes. Anytime after 5:30 PM is cool to show up and smoking is heavily encouraged LOL.

Sol

Smash Lord
Alright so how about that fest tomorrow :D remember i cant have too many people over (5-6 people). I have 3 big CRTs in my basement now so i just need two more cubes. Anytime after 5:30 PM is cool to show up and smoking is heavily encouraged LOL.
I'll be there if that's cool

PK Webb

Smash Champion
f all yall nikkas i got 3rd at no johns come here and get *****..........dats sum fake ****
pc thx 4 hostin u kinda real...................................kinda

Max?

Smash Champion
- **** we're out of paper towels.

- Didn't we steal a bunch of napkins from McDonalds last night?

Are people potentially interested in playing either tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow but maybe tonight)?

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Yup so melee later at my place if anyone is interested. i can have up to 6-7 people over max. Anytime after 5:30 pm works for me. 3 CRTs and one cube right now so if people could bring a couple cubes :D . Also niko needs to be stopped at this fest :(

Max?

Smash Champion
So apparently G$ is bringing thru all of the West Coast, PBnJ, and Europe with one controller and no setups to PC's house tonight.... we'll see if I come now.

And now they are bringing thru a SSF4 and MvC3 setup? FFFFFF, this is turning into a night at Papa Johns, this cannot go down.

Max?

Smash Champion
Yesterday was fun, my apologies for my bad mood, I have a lot of bs going on.

I'd be down to go and drive to No Johns if you guys gave me gas$ so I could enter, if not I probably can't go.

Top Bottom