• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGP Spring Brawl- Scranton, PA- Apr 12, 08

Kaotical

Smash Ace
I hate to nitpick, Nick, but it's kinda in my nature and unavoidable for me...sry.

Um, under counterpicks available, you have listed Hanenbow and Electro Plankton. Well, Electro Plankton and Hanenbow are the same thing. Just thought you might wanna know that. <(^_^)>

For discovering that, I should get some chicken dammit.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
I hate to nitpick, Nick, but it's kinda in my nature and unavoidable for me...sry.

Um, under counterpicks available, you have listed Hanenbow and Electro Plankton. Well, Electro Plankton and Hanenbow are the same thing. Just thought you might wanna know that. <(^_^)>

For discovering that, I should get some chicken dammit.
fixed :) thanks

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
Me and a small group are looking to attend this as well. Good job on organizing this, easy to find, and find everything out. Gl to everyone, and hope to see you there! xD

Also, Im bringin pokemon as well.

Lucas_Wolf_and_Jiggs

Smash Rookie
Team attack on? Painful... that will alter my team's characters a bit. But no biggie

My friend and I may come friday for the weekly team tournament. Is there an entry fee to these? Prize?

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
The weeklys are $10/team, cash prize depending on the number of players

Just an FYI team attack is on in every major smash tournament you will go to, and almost any you find on these boards, it is meant to keep people from being able to make characters unblanced such as one teamate spamming projectiles through another teamate.

Can't wait to meet you guys and have somem new comp!

Nick

Lucas_Wolf_and_Jiggs

Smash Rookie
Very understandable, this is our first event outside of those held locally. We live about a half hour outside of scranton so it isnt a commute at all. We'll probably be there tomorrow and then back april 12th.

cant wait

Kaotical

Smash Ace
NICK, I want to have your babies!! You're mine when I get there, pal!! ALL MINE!!! We need to make up for lost time, so I hope your butt is prepared!!! XP

EDIT: lucky 7's post

Vet

Smash Cadet
This seems to be the best thing coming up in my life since its gone nuts recently.

This better be a good time Nick :-p

Kruton

Smash Ace
You know I'll be there. I have the 12th called off of work.

oh fyi Jesse and I are going to take doubles.

Ferry

Smash Rookie
I'll be there, all the way from Newark, DE! Bringing MCScruffMcGruff and CheeseDaDisease. One question: is there any age restriction in place on entering or taking prize money? Thanks!

Vet

Smash Cadet
Oh drat...two hours away and I have work that day, among other things. :(
My parents are from Carlisle.

We can either play some this weekend if you want (IM me at: Smashvet7 on Sat night) or if you can get out maybe we can workout a ride :-p

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
There is no age limits on coming to the store or taking the prize for Super Smash Bros Events
a little over a week away I can't wait for this its going to be huge!!!!

WhiteWingDemon

Smash Cadet
Wow, this sounds awesome!
I was wondering how many people are you expecting for the 1 on 1 brawl, just an estimate... (Your only an hour away but if it is only eight players it might not be worth it).
Secondly, if we only plan to participate in the brawl tournament, do we still have to be there at 11/12 to register?

Kruton

Smash Ace
oh god, it's going to be WAY more than 8 lmao

Admin is right, this will be big.

WhiteWingDemon

Smash Cadet
Just answered my own questions by re-reading through the topic (As long as I get there 30 minutes before event I'm good. Admin said 20-40 people for their weekly events, so hopefully 60+ for the brawl tourney?) .This looks to be amazing. So many people and there is so much. I'm definately coming for the brawl tourney!

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Been debating on going or not, haha. I have to check out work schedule and friends. It'd be a long drive for me, but I'd like to go. Probably 60/40 on not going right now though ._.;.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
We are getting a huge response for this, I really can't wait. So many people that I haven't seen for a long time.

smashjin i hope you can make it, it will def be worth you drive, should only take you around 2 hours.

Nick

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
I would definitely like to come. I need to get back onto the tournament scene. I don't think I'll be bringing anyone, but I look forward to a fun time by all.

Top Bottom