• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tha Shrimp 003 results.

D

Deleted member

Melee 1v1
1: taylor
2: tim
3: freddy
4: avery
5: xin
5: jake
7: james
7: sudai
9: austin
9: brandon
9: dylan
9: pritch
13: andrew
13: curtus
13: vaughn
13: zach
17: kenny
17: griff
17: RJ
17: DF
17: ian
17: wiggins

Melee 2v2
1: Beasteality Boys (taylor and tim)
2: curtus and freddy
3: Wet Socks (austin and avery)
4: xin and jake
5: kenny and dylan
5: Dont Know (vaughn and sudai)
7: pritch and zach
7: Breadstick Boys (james and brandon)
9: ricky and graham
9: griff and andrew
9: wiggins and russlinjimmies

P:M 1v1
1: taylor
2: sudai
3: graham
4: avery
5: vaughn
5: tim
7: austin
7: DF
9: John
9: Blake
9: ricky
9: RJ
13: andrew
13: wiggins

P:M 2v2
1: Beasteality Boys (taylor and tim)
2: Dont Know (sudai and vaughn)
3: Wet Socks (austin and avery)
4: Breadstick Boys (james and brandon)
5: ricky and graham
5: wiggins and russlinjimmies
7: drinking food and andrew

The Parliament (previously known as the Crown Royals, my draft crew) defeated the HalfCocks (tims draft crew) in an awesome crew battle in the end. Had some seriously hard M2, gannon, and roy play. great job team.

D

Deleted member

this was the best shrimp so far. it was great seeing some new faces and some fresh melee skill. with a little refinement, anyone can become a huge threat. last place at this tournament is nothing to be ashamed about. it was stacked on stacks. ill give some personal shout outs later. gotta go to work for a little while.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
this was the best shrimp so far. it was great seeing some new faces and some fresh melee skill. with a little refinement, anyone can become a huge threat. last place at this tournament is nothing to be ashamed about. it was stacked on stacks. ill give some personal shout outs later. gotta go to work for a little while.
I'm at work now on the pooper. My current goal is to consistently beat White Dylan and Brandon in marth vs spacies match up

D

Deleted member

also DrinkingFood, did yall end up going home with the melee copy that was in your wii?

D

Deleted member

I guess i should post this here too.

First 1-10 power ranking LA melee has had in like...7 years?

The 3 numbers are the player's placement in the first, second, and third shrimp (consecutively). X means they didnt attend, and L means last.
1. Taylor (3,1,1)
2. Freddy (1,2,3)
3. Tim (2,X,2)
4. Avery (4,X,4)
5. Sudai (5,4,7)
6. Jake (7,7,5)
7. Austin (5,X,9)
8. Xin (9,X,5)
9. Vaughn (9,5,13)
10. Dylan (9,7,9)

HM: James(L,L,7), Brandon(9,9,9), Pritch(X,X,9)
James went from double last to 7th place. Should really watch out for him.
Brandon apparently can't break the 9th place barrier, but he MM'd like half of the top 10 after the Shrimp 003 and won them all if I'm not mistaken.
Pritch came back to LA within the last month. If he spent as much time playing as he did johning, he would threaten every player on the list.

The list is made almost entirely on numerical values for placement in tournaments, with a little variance based on missed events or strange circumstances (The shrimp 2 was not very stacked. good placement there had less value). I think this is a really good starting point for discussion, or changes after future shrimps / smashcons. if someone disagrees with this i would love to talk about it.

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
Next time I won't get bodied. Maybe... Lol. I was "John" you can watch my ZSS get owned in that stream. I was lucky enough to have it recorded haha.

I'll be practicing. My question for myself is since I plan on getting better with ZSS in vanilla brawl, should I just pick another character for P:M just so I dont have to deal with the moveset difference.

Edit: Is that video up? It gives me the twitch missing page option.

Sudai

Stuff here
Weird, it's been taken down since I linked it.

It was under:
http://www.twitch.tv/louisiana_melee/profile/pastBroadcasts

I'll talk to people and see if I can figure out what's up. Looks like we lost a few VoDs. :[

Edit: I think it's gone for good unless someone happened to save it directly to their computer. According to: http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/928371 we had to explicitly mark it to be saved or it'd be auto-deleted. :/ Will definitely make sure the guys running the stream know about that for next time.

Top Bottom