• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tha Shrimp 005- Rocket's Edition

D

Deleted member

This is definitely last minute (only 2.5 weeks away), but i wanted to make it close to smashcon in case people are coming from out of town they can go to both. If the late notice is crushing attendance it can be moved to the next Thursday (the 26th) based on demand. But hopefully it works for everyone.

I want to make this very clear. The tournament is
NOT AT MY HOUSE
They have always been house tournaments so i dont want anyone showing up to the wrong place. The new venue is:
Rocket's Hideout
13847 Coursey Boulevard, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70817
Its bigger, better, and still free because John and April are awesome.

Now,
Above all else, bring set ups. in order of importance: P:M set ups, Melee set ups, power strips, TVs. if you want to enjoy yourself and continue having nice turnouts for melee and PM, bring a set up. pretty please.

Every real event will now be $5 per person to enter. mostly to make things simpler.

Registration starts at 10:30 AM. The first event start at 11:00. please try and show up by 10:30 so we can actually start on time for once. events will probably follow as such, but are subject to change if previous tournaments are slower than anticipated. they will however start NO EARLIER than the times posted. so if you want to play a tournament, and you show up by that time, you're good.

times

p:m teams - 11:00

p:m singles - 1:00

melee teams - 3:00

melee singles - 5:00

entry fees are as follows:

p:m teams: $5 per person

p:m singles: $5

melee teams: $5 per person

melee singles: $5

side events based on time/ what ever players want to do/ april and john.

I want to try using a new modified DSR and see how it works. Instead of a player not being able to pick a stage they won on at all, or a player not being able to pick the last stage they won on, when going to “ban,” the player that won the game will select a stage. The stage chosen will only be able to be won on 1 time. Aka if its marth vs fox, fox wins game one, marth cps to FD and fox has chosen FD as his pseudo ban, if marth wins there, marth cannot go back there. Hopefully this makes sense.

bans will still apply normally in 2/3 games, as this new ruling wont matter in 2/3, only 3/5 where there are no bans.

Pausing will be a 1 stock loss if the opponent chooses to enforce this rule.
should probably just turn pause off.

all matches will be 2/3 except winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals which will be 3/5.
the person coming from loser's will have to win two sets in grand finals.

come out and have fun.

wobbling is allowed

Sudai

Stuff here
Might as well add "Wobbling is allowed." to your signature. lol

I should be able to make this unless something unforeseeable pops up.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Wow, a tourney I actually can't go to due to work, as opposed to me simply choosing not to.

Have fun guys, don't forget to pass the salt!

Random Samus Kid

Smash Rookie
Damn, that sounds like fun! I'm stuck in an 8-5 job though, so unless it's a national holiday I forgot, I'll be working :/ Hope it's a good turnout, though!

Zone

Smash Champion
had fun last time, but if it's not on a Saturday I can't really make it. Sadly Pensacola pretty much never travels anywhere unless I'm going :\

I only have 3 vacation days left and i should definitely be saving these last 3 for family.

Griffard

Smash Ace
It would be really great if this was moved forward a week. Just speaking for myself here. Also maybe I'm crazy but I think this thread doesn't actually list the intended date -- June 19th ya?

Top Bottom