• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thanks for Playing 3 - August 17, 2013 - Ijamsville, MD

clubbadubba

Smash Master
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

Pretty sure I'll be there. And this time I'm taking 1st!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
OH **** I get to woop up on the special bros? HYPE just went up to a whole, nutha, level.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Sounds exciting! I'll make an effort to attend this.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Bold words, Aladdin. You're gonna have to eliminate THE KOROSHIYO first! :smirk:

There's no way we're missing out on the last tournament of the summer. Count us in.
How much space do you have? Could you pick up a few players in New Brunswick on the way down?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Afraid not broman. :urg: We're rolling with the elite 4 fantastic 4 Koroshiyo 4 + Zyzz 1. Sky's car fits 5.

You are your crew should still make an effort to go to this. Us NYers can't represent the North East by ourselves. Come help us show Maryland/Virginia what we're made of!

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
How much space do you have? Could you pick up a few players in New Brunswick on the way down?
I'll send you a text when I talk to my friend but he's definitely interested in going to this tournament and said he could drive. I just gotta talk to him about details but I'll let you know cuz he said his car/van or whatever can fit like 8 people or so, maybe more.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Has this happened before? I thought I was going to see the keyboard Link lol

hope it's real

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
When you guys need an adapter, quote or message me so I get a notification. You're lucky I stumbled upon this thread

Nintendude

Smash Hero
What are people's thoughts on doubles? The organizers of the tournament are nice enough to add doubles to the schedule without me even asking for it. Last time we had a 4-team round robin with a $10 per player entry fee (and 1 team consisted of players who left before singles). This was consistent with the entry fee for every other event at the tournament (always $10 per event per person). I personally was surprised at the lack of interest though, since I think doubles is extremely fun. What can we do to make doubles more of a big deal?

edit: Also I want to push to get the events earlier on the schedule.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I feel like we might as well play friendlies at that point. A few people did tell me that they would have played for $5 though so maybe we should just lower the entry fee.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
God damn why are all smash players so poor they can't afford a $10 entry fee? When we're mid 30's entry fees are going up to $100.

Teams are fun, but the laggy console experience is annoying. Its also the reason pretty much no one offline has a lot of teams experience and thus doesn't want to play teams. And yea the way we stack teams didn't make for all that much competition outside of the top 2 teams. This one sounds like more really good players are coming, so maybe it'll be better. I seem to remember a lot of console nyc/nj players not really liking teams though for some reason. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

I'd love to do teams though. Orrrrrrr maybe since teams on console are laggy and people are *******, we could do a for money crew battle... Nintendude, A$, Star King, Clubb, LD(???), and MOTHER ****ING JUSTIN vs whatever trash nyc/nj brings down.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Stacked teams are just the nature of teams tournaments. Also I was hoping there would be more enthusiasm for OoSers to defeat MD/VA's finest, but instead our teams took top-2 basically uncontested.

Money match crew battle sounds fun though. We should make sure SK and LD are able to come.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Wow I count minimum 20 legitimate players coming to this. So pumped. Orlando get your ass up here this is basically an east coast regional.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Talked to the TO last night - we are definitely gonna move to earlier in the day. Also, Smash has the entire store this time.

Jnatty

Smash Rookie
My friend and I both plan on attending and he's willing to drive if you wanna come with us, Weedwack and a few others (maybe Megavolt?) may tag along as well, and he said he's got like 8 seatbelts.

If there's still space in the van could I ride with you guys? I'd meet you wherever you're leaving from, and I'd be happy to pitch in for gas. I just don't want to drive solo all the way from Albany.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
If better AC is announced as well, it will be a dream come true.
Truth. Also, do you plan on going to this one SK?

If there's still space in the van could I ride with you guys? I'd meet you wherever you're leaving from, and I'd be happy to pitch in for gas. I just don't want to drive solo all the way from Albany.
Sure, send me a pm and we can talk on skype if you have an account. Still waiting on Weedwack to confirm who is coming with him and what the plans are (if they're coming up the night before, if we're driving to them day of etc.).

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Man i'm not on the boards for a few days and i come back to see that all of you NY/NJers let Clubba get away with all of his bull****. Like wtf guys.

Yo if we have a crew battle you MD/VA ******* are going down. NY/NJ is #1 and always will be!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Oh **** someone finally speaking up. 4v4 or 5v5 crew battle, lets do this.

Top Bottom