• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thanks for Playing 3 - August 17, 2013 - Ijamsville, MD

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Clubba's Captain Falcon will have to quit his racing career after this tournament because NY/NJ is gonna put him in a wheel chair.

Dozens of janitors will have to be summoned in order to clean the gallons of blood gushing out of A$'s Link's headless body after NY/NJ is finished with him.

NY/NJ is gonna beat down Nintendude's Mario so badly that the next Mario Bros game is going to be titled "Luigi seeks revenge on NY/NJ for putting Mario in a coma".

Starking's Kirby is going to be reduced to nothing more than an annoying piece of bubble gum stuck to the bottom of NY/NJ's shoe because it got stomped on so badly.

Several Animal Rights organizations will attempt to ban Super Smash Bros after hearing about the raw thrashing NY/NJ gave LD's Fox.

The cries of Justin's Pikachu as NY/NJ obliterate's it will be so loud that the police will show up at the venue asking us to turn down the volume on the TVs.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
if NJ/NY wins, you should all sneak on Star King, grab him, throw him to the ground and pin him down on the floor with your knee.

then take a pic.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i will say that if star king and LD (don't think ld will come though) are playing on n64 controllers you have a slight chance. If they are on keyboard/xbox you guys are dunzo.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
So if everyone shows, it'll be clubba, A$, LD, Star King, Justin, and nintendude vs. kero, stranded, jnatty, sensei, megavolt, and myself.

We need recording equipment.

Also, the NY/NJ Smash Brothers do not provide sticks to bite on, so bring your own MaryDUMB and VirginDUMB

The Star King

Smash Hero
if NJ/NY wins, you should all sneak on Star King, grab him, throw him to the ground and pin him down on the floor with your knee.

then take a pic.
If NY/NJ wins I will do a photoshoot (will take requests for poses). Wut.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Yes! Now we HAVE to win. Not that I personally give a **** what SK looks like.. (I think it's kind of weird that people even bring that up lol) But as Smashboards' SAVIOR I need to do what's best for my people.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
If this is the matchup, I'd definitely be down for bets.
This reminds me of when I challenged Jaime to a money match as long as I got to pick the matchup. At first he was hesitant until I told him I wanted to vs his samus with my falcon, at which point he was like "oh if that is the matchup, then yes I will play".

NY/NJ better hope for a sensei run through or they are boned.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Quick poll: $5 or $10 entry fee for doubles? (per person)
Keep in mind that $10 is the fee for all of the other events at the tournament, both singles and doubles.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Clubba's Captain Falcon will have to quit his racing career after this tournament because NY/NJ is gonna put him in a wheel chair.

Dozens of janitors will have to be summoned in order to clean the gallons of blood gushing out of A$'s Link's headless body after NY/NJ is finished with him.

NY/NJ is gonna beat down Nintendude's Mario so badly that the next Mario Bros game is going to be titled "Luigi seeks revenge on NY/NJ for putting Mario in a coma".

Starking's Kirby is going to be reduced to nothing more than an annoying piece of bubble gum stuck to the bottom of NY/NJ's shoe because it got stomped on so badly.

Several Animal Rights organizations will attempt to ban Super Smash Bros after hearing about the raw thrashing NY/NJ gave LD's Fox.

The cries of Justin's Pikachu as NY/NJ obliterate's it will be so loud that the police will show up at the venue asking us to turn down the volume on the TVs.
. Has to be the funniest thing I've ever read on smashboards

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Is karajan coming to this? I want full power star king for this mockery of a crew battle that's gonna happen

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I am the people!

I was waiting for someone to post here because apparently I can no longer edit posts at work for some reason and I didn't want to have to text A$ and tell him to ban me for my double post so:

I noticed in the main thread for this event they are planning on doing doubles from 6:00 to 7:00, which made me laugh. And then also singles from 7:00 - 10:00, which made me laugh but not quite as hard. We should probably get the doubles tourney started earlier at the very least, I anticipate more than 4 teams this time...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It's not updated.
DOUBLES STARTS at NOON
SINGLES STARTS at 2PM

There is no flexibility with these times. If you aren't there on time we're starting without you or can maybe stick you in the losers bracket if you show up soon enough after it starts.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
is there any interest from anyone in getting a hotel saturday night? I know nj/ny guys would have a long trip back and unfortunately none of us va/md guys are able to provide housing right now.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hopefully the earlier start time can alleviate the travel issues. I anticipate the bracket to be finished by 6pm. Throw a crew battle on top of that and everything should be done by 7pm. 7:30 absolute latest.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Party at star kings parents house afterwards. I'll bring the keg.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
from KeroKeroppi

Yo post on the boards saying we aren't going to make it for doubles in the Maryland tourney. To make it we would have to leave at 8 am so **** that **** lol. I'd post it myself but I can only use mobile the next few days. If you want you can just copy and paste this idgaf lol thanks man.
also from kero
Lol guess so, can you post on smash boards "Actually Is it possible for anyone to supply housing for Friday night? It would be greatly appreciated. Turns out its a five hour drive sad face."

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ok we pushed it back. Doubles at 2pm, singles at 4pm. Also, the TO wanted $5 entry fee for doubles to get more entrants so I'm just going with it. Hopefully more of you guys will enter.

Maliki

Smash Ace
Message from KeroKeroppi

Please post this on smash boards from kero, "Man i feel like an asshole now. When I said we weren't going for the doubles tournament i promise it wasn't just an attempt for you guys to push the start-time back. I hope you did it for reasons other then us attending. Either way, thanks, the KeroCar will be there for doubles now for sure."

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I mean 64 can go anywhere in the day, so I'd rather just be able to accommodate everyone without starting too late. If you guys think you can get there by 1 or 1:30 I'd still rather start it at that time. In fact the original schedule had 1pm I just misread it lol.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I just bought my plane ticket

CYA THERE

edit: I might get a refund, lol. I didn't know this place was in the middle of nowhere (no non-local airports), so the closest I can get is like 50 mins away unless someone is willing to pick me up. BWI is the airport btw.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
what the **** near is going to a random MD tournament AND apex?

damn this one is looking 2gud

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Wait... what? Near is coming to this lol? Awesome.

Near are you getting a hotel somewhere nearby? If so maybe we should book another room in the same hotel so we can all meet up for post tourney shenanigans.

Nintendude

Smash Hero

CYA THERE

edit: I might get a refund, lol. I didn't know this place was in the middle of nowhere (no non-local airports), so the closest I can get is like 50 mins away unless someone is willing to pick me up. BWI is the airport btw.
You can take a shuttle to the green line in DC, transfer to the red line, and take it to my place where I can pick you up and drive you to the tournament.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Fortunately, I will be able to attend this event. I'll be there with the Koroshiyo! [=

Shears

Smash Master

CYA THERE

when are you getting in? i live in baltimore and bwi is somewhat on the way to the tournament.

Top Bottom