• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THAT AIN'T FALCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oye_Joaquin

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanMannyAcosta
3DS FC
2062-9158-9877
What do you guys think about Falco in this game? I skipped him in Brawl and I'm disappointed that they changed him so much from his Melee counterpart. What do you guys think? Is his new form better or worse?

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Seems to be almost the same as he was in Brawl.

They wanted to diversify him from Fox so they changed a lot of his moves....slightly...only one with a real difference is the shield toss.

Much rather have wolf....

Oye_Joaquin

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanMannyAcosta
3DS FC
2062-9158-9877
Seems to be almost the same as he was in Brawl.

They wanted to diversify him from Fox so they changed a lot of his moves....slightly...only one with a real difference is the shield toss.

Much rather have wolf....
I mean, yeah. The shield toss and the slow down of the combat in general was a real turnoff for Falco in General. brawl wasn't my thing though, didn't enjoy it much.

Snoop

Smash Rookie
In this game he is a lot slower and a lot more about getting kills off the sides as opposed to getting kills off the top like Fox. I like him a lot cause he's stronger than Fox on the ground, but that's cause I can't hit aerials for **** on a 3DS.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Probably belongs in the Falco section.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no way to cancel the lag from his lasers. This makes the character obsolete to me because all he has now is hand-to-hand combat and I'd rather just pick a character that's already suited for close-quarter combat to begin with.

Oye_Joaquin

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanMannyAcosta
3DS FC
2062-9158-9877
Probably belongs in the Falco section.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no way to cancel the lag from his lasers. This makes the character obsolete to me because all he has now is hand-to-hand combat and I'd rather just pick a character that's already suited for close-quarter combat to begin with.
I agree, he's extremely stressful to use. Short-hopping is a bit tedious on a 3DS, so his down air is pretty useless.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
I miss melee Falco :(

He's so slow in this game.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I think he's still fun, personally. And I preferred his Brawl form over his Melee form (largely because I could avoid accusations of "stop using the best character" from my friends). He got weaker in a lot of rather reasonable ways (people shouldn't complain about the laser nerfs unless they wanted a campy game, for instance), and gained a few nice tweaks (like his jab finisher making his jab not suck, and his Upsmash hitting twice). Plus, now his spike is extra satisfying to land since it takes effort and timing.

Oye_Joaquin

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanMannyAcosta
3DS FC
2062-9158-9877
I think he's still fun, personally. And I preferred his Brawl form over his Melee form (largely because I could avoid accusations of "stop using the best character" from my friends). He got weaker in a lot of rather reasonable ways (people shouldn't complain about the laser nerfs unless they wanted a campy game, for instance), and gained a few nice tweaks (like his jab finisher making his jab not suck, and his Upsmash hitting twice). Plus, now his spike is extra satisfying to land since it takes effort and timing.
I mean, he feels fresh. It'll take some getting use to though

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Falco was good in Brawl because of how fast his Dair came out, and he could easily play keep away by short hop double lasering. And because of his downthrow chaingrab on some characters. However, every single one of these things has been taken away from him in this game as far as I can tell. Not much reason to pick him over Fox anymore.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Falco was good in Brawl because of how fast his Dair came out, and he could easily play keep away by short hop double lasering. And because of his downthrow chaingrab on some characters. However, every single one of these things has been taken away from him in this game as far as I can tell. Not much reason to pick him over Fox anymore.
Kill power, still has a meteor on the Dair, lasers still stun (harder to camp than before but they're still useable), a bit better jumping, sideB meteor. They're unique characters still, but it definitely seems like Fox is a tad on the better side again. Time will tell more clearly.

Oye_Joaquin

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanMannyAcosta
3DS FC
2062-9158-9877
Kill power, still has a meteor on the Dair, lasers still stun (harder to camp than before but they're still useable), a bit better jumping, sideB meteor. They're unique characters still, but it definitely seems like Fox is a tad on the better side again. Time will tell more clearly.
I'm getting used to Falco now, has some pros over Fox for sure

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I love Falco in Brawl and in Melee he's fun too, but in Smash 4 he's just been so horribly gimped due to slight changes here and there and general engine changes that I can't stand playing as him.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I love Falco after not liking him in brawl. He has a good dash attack into aerial game, solid throws, a projectile and a reflector. Plus the new side-b to up-b is awesome.

Oye_Joaquin

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanMannyAcosta
3DS FC
2062-9158-9877
I'm starting to enjoy him, he takes time, but I can see his perks. His Dair is so comfortable and fun to hit

IblisTriggersPuppet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Oshawottfan33
3DS FC
4356-0745-3351
WHERE YOU AT
WHERE YOU AT

anyways I really think falco is underrated in this game

I actually really enjoy him most of the time in ssb4

Status
Not open for further replies.