• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That awkward moment...

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if you guys have ever seen these before, but I thought it was a fun idea.

.. When your shine clanks with a f-smash at 150%
.. When you realize you just up-b'd directly into the wall on YS
.. When you miss a rest
.. When you land a rest

You've all been there. Share your experiences.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
When you raptor boost off the edge.
When you FF and you miss the edge with your up b by an inch.
When you edge cancel an aerial and you try to l cancel and you end up ADing off the stage.
When you try to perfect Waveland onto the stage from the stage and you AD into the stage.
When you try to instant down b from the edge on the edge with ganon and you get that weird landing animation with a hitbox.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Inadvertently powershielding projectiles right next to your opponent

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
SDing during a celebration after a KO which then costs you the victory.
Doing a hella cool edgeguard but SDing in the process because you were just caught in the moment (off stage rest comboes, fastfalling to far with falco/falcon etcetc.)
Messing up a dashdance so that the character is making the ******** walk and leaves himself totally open for ages.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
My brother beating my falco(main) and fox with falcon, then I proceed to destroy him in falcon doubles. Perhaps falcon is a better counter against falcon than falco is?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
realizing you're attacking the stage more often than your opponent

looking at you tomacawk

Jonas

Smash Champion
When you're ****** your newbie opponent so hard and you feel kind of sorry for him but don't know if you should sandbag or not. It's really awkward because none of you are saying anything.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
when Mew2King is chaingrabbing you in friendlies with Sheik
when you're Donkey Kong

combined or separate, mine are best

Zodiac

Smash Master
When I do half of a zero to death combo and forget to wavedash out of shine and just jump

Geist

Smash Master
When you empty sh behind someone, and you both shield waiting for the other guy to do something.

Or when you run up to someone and they shield and you stand there for a sec trying to figure out what to do before you finally grab them after a few seconds.

Or just shielding in general is pretty awkward.

tubes

Smash Ace
When you try to dashdance and spin around 5 times.

When you reverse up-b in an attempt to sweetspot the ledge with falcon, land on the ledge, ledge cancel back off, and die because who the **** expects that **** to happen.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
When you go to shake hands but the person offers a dap, so you go to dap but he switches to a handshake. mindgames.

In doubles when you go to shake hands and theres just a clusterf**k of hands everywhere lol

Jonas

Smash Champion
Speaking of hands, something bad happened during Rock Paper Scissors once. My opponent and I played Rock Paper Scissors to determine stage striking order. Just as he had picked Paper, I somehow ****ed up and sloooowly opened my hand to reveal a Scissor. He just stared at my hands for a few seconds, look at me in disbelief and, just as I was about to suggest a solution to this dilemma, he said "whatever!" in a pretty annoyed voice and let me have the first strike.

That RPS game was all I could think about for the next 10 minutes or so lol

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
after you dropzone some1.

atleast for me. like idk if im supposed to say something about shy-guys or...like get super-hype or....like say nothing. IDK what people would expect of me. XD

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
when you are wobbling someone in a friendly
when you are chaingrabbing someone in a friendly
when you pick metaknight (in a friendly)

Sim

Smash Apprentice
When you laugh at somebody for just killing himself.

And you kill yourself a second later.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
When you fair after getting pushed off the edge because you were trying to buffer a roll when Lucky / Mango / someone technical is shield pressuring you.

Happens to me all the time.

I love the accidental kill -> "nice midgames" awkwardness.

Also, sometimes I'll read something completely by accident and tell them that I listened to their controller. Apparently I did this to Germ once and he killed himself trying to trick me by mashing =(

Stratford

Smash Champion
When you play some terrible character in friendlies against someone else's main and you win a match you probably should have lost and before the next game you're wondering if they're salty and want you to give them a chance to beat you in that matchup or if they just want you to cut the bull**** and go back to playing your main.

keeper

Smash Champion
When you time someone out in a friendly
Here's my contribution to this thread.
I can also, sadly, relate to this.

When you play some terrible character in friendlies against someone else's main and you win a match you probably should have lost and before the next game you're wondering if they're salty and want you to give them a chance to beat you in that matchup or if they just want you to cut the bull**** and go back to playing your main.
I have experienced this so many times. It probably happens so much because I just random in friendlies with a set list of characters I'm willing to play and random until I get one of them. The list includes a couple low and bottom tiers and has led to either a lot of salt and/or a lot of laughs.

Top Bottom