• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That One Character Who You Don't Know How to Fight

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Sheik and Rosalina. I don't think I've ever KO'd one ever in For Glory.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sounds like a good offer, as not a LOT of people play Mario. What's your FC?
4210-4568-4605

(lol)

I can already see yours.

Perhaps some rules? yes? no?

Stocks 2 Time 5 minutes

Viable Stages
All FD Modes
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pikmin Stage (counterpick)
Tomodachi life (counterpick)
(i am not sure if this is official tourney rules or not)

Customs On
Max:2

All Characters Allowed
No Items
No stat tweaking equipment

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicko325

Smash Rookie
I always seem to have trouble battling :4dedede:
I have no idea why i just do. XD

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Mario (+ Luigi and Dr), Yoshi, and Dedede absolutely destroy me. I can't figure them out. (ZSS main, Marth/Lucina secondary, also picking up Captain Falcon on the side).

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
Good L.Mac players.
Sheik. She really is a pain in the ***.
And sometimes any of the characters with a Counter. Ohh how I hate 'em.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
As a Link main, I can't stand fighting good Puffs and Sonics. Puff has great edge guarding tools, and Sonic is to fast/spammy.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
As a Link main, I can't stand fighting good Puffs and Sonics. Puff has great edge guarding tools, and Sonic is to fast/spammy.
Seeing as you seem to be very familiar with Link in SSB overall, can I ask why Nair/tilts for spacing and periodic projectile spamming doesn't work?

I've never had many problems fighting Puffs or Sonic as Link, but I guess I've only faced less-skilled players, then.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Skilled Puff is hard Puff

And Sonic is hard to face if you're not used to him, due to the sheer speed of his charging at you.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
So far from my online matches, Rosalina and Greninja. Greninja especially on stages where, like has been said, you can't see his shadow, makes it harder to dodge that. Rosalina is hard to approach with Luma around.

Other common characters I face are Little Mac, Ganondorf, Shulk and Dedede, but I've learned to handle them for the most part. Lucina also.

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina is my kryptonite. No matter if I attack her far away or close up she's always got that damn luma taking the hits, When I kill the luma she turns blue like a ghost from pacman and runs until it comes back... Obama should replace the secret service with luma, he'll be safe.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Seeing as you seem to be very familiar with Link in SSB overall, can I ask why Nair/tilts for spacing and periodic projectile spamming doesn't work?

I've never had many problems fighting Puffs or Sonic as Link, but I guess I've only faced less-skilled players, then.
If Puff can get Link off the stage, it's very difficult for Link to get back on. She's floaty too, and trying to combo from an up throw into a up tilt string isn't likely going to happen. I can spam the projectiles, but not fast enough to keep her away.
As for Sonic, I do find him easier to fight than Puff. However, people spam his specials, it's hard to tell where he's going to go. making spacing tricky. Again, I could spam projectiles, but he can approach faster than I can throw them. His lack of KO power makes him the easier foe however.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
I've always had trouble fighting even the simplest of Links. I think it's my habit of rolling forward every time after getting hit by the boomerang. I also also eat that jab combo every time it gets thrown out. It makes no sense why this character in particular really gets me, and I can usually pull it through if I stop and think, but I still have trouble.
Also, Greninja and Yoshi are troublesome for me too.

D

Deleted member 245254

Mind you I only refer to above average skilled players, not just any person playing, but Rosalina gives me cramps IRL to fight, and following her I get agitated quickly by Duck Hunt, the Links, and Pikachu.

It's not so bad to the point that I never beat these characters ever, but these are the characters I notice myself groaning the most when I see them pop up on the screen as my opponent.

Rosalina IMO has an incredibly bright tournament future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sui

Smash Cadet
NNID
sui892001
3DS FC
5344-0231-3607
Came in here to say Jiggs and Sonic. I used to love playing as Jigglypuff in Melee, even, and I just do not understand how Jigglypuff is as good as the people that use her are. X_X I don't even consider myself that bad of a player, and pretty much every Jigglypuff I face online absolutely wrecks me.

Sonic because I didn't play much in Brawl, and his movements are really all over the place and hard to predict to other characters, so I find myself being punished a lot for misreading his movements. Luckily, I can still beat a fair number of these compared to Jigglypuff, but it's still frustrating when I know I could have won if I just knew Sonic's wonky movements better.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I have had the most trouble Vs Mega Man. Don't know why. Weirdly enough, my powerlessness against Pikachu in Brawl dissappeared on Smash 3DS though...

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So after reading through all the comments, so far it seems by far, the ones that give people the most trouble are Rosalina and Greninja.....huh =P interesting~

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I've only fought 4 Olimars out of the ~900 matches I played, so I have no clue on what to do and get slaughtered for it.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Mostly there IS a nice mix of characters in For Glory but there ARE quite a few that are outright neglected

ROB, VIllager, and Olimar in For Glory? pssh. Funny.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Shulk.

In all fairness it's mostly because I haven't bothered to learn which mode is which yet. I feel like when I get that down I can probably deal with him.

Mac can be a pain in the butt too.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
For Shulk, I know fast mode, jumphigh mode, and yellow mode, which is bulky mode. That's it XP

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yoshi, Olimar, Diddy and Puff. Mostly because they're really rare to fight and those who dare attempt using them are usually good with them. Puff is especially frustrating because of how floaty she is and it's embarrasing losing to the one character I hate so much.
Dedede isn't as rare but he's pretty tough to beat and I haven't learned how to fight against him well enough yet.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Dedede's fat, so you just gotta rush him, as he's pretty easy to hit. Watch out for gordos tho XP

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Shulk. The amount of modes he has is mind-boggling to me, and I'm still trying to understand what each one can do.

ToxicWolf1132

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicWolf1132
Lucina gives me SOOOO much trouble. Whenever I fight her, she always charges her attack without me realizing, until it's too late and she KOs me. She's also the only character I had issues unlocking, since I had to fight her with five different characters before I FINALLY beat her

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
:4zss: :4ness: :4pikachu: :4tlink:

I cannot stand these guys.
Projectiles are the bane of my existence.

CronoT

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5258-0756-3494
The only character I have found it hard to defeat on a consistent basis is Greninja. He almost seems designed to win on Final Destination type stages. I also fought an Olimar who took me about 5 tries to finally beat him. Because of the unique design of the gameplay for Smash Bros, some characters will always have the advantage on a flat stage.

Megamaw

Smash Rookie
Mario (+ Luigi and Dr), Yoshi, and Dedede absolutely destroy me. I can't figure them out. (ZSS main, Marth/Lucina secondary, also picking up Captain Falcon on the side).
Doc main here. ZSS and FE characters absolutely WRECK me. Would be willing to train with you for the improvement of both of us. PM me to swap FCs.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I cannot seem to be able to fight Link when I'm playing as Captain Falcon. I don't like boomerangs.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I happen to think :rosalina:is kind of over-powered, but otherwise, I just have trouble mostly against realy good :4mario: :4sonic: and :4rob:

Zoners like :4pacman: and :4zss: piss me the **** off too.

Top Bottom